Help! Need a first name for "____ Ashton Parker"

[name]Hi[/name] all,

My husband’s family has a 6 generation-old tradition of using “[name]Ashton[/name]” as a middle name for first born kids, so our little girl is definitely going to be named “______ [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name].”

But we can’t settle on a first name! Any ideas?

I’d really love for my side of the family to be represented too. My grandmother’s name is “[name]Ella[/name]” and my mother’s name is “[name]Jane[/name]” - so we were thinking these could both work:

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]

Open to other ideas too! [name]Just[/name] has to sound good with “[name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]”.

Also - what do y’all think of calling her “[name]Ashton[/name]”? (No matter what the first name is?)

Thanks!!!

Without a doubt it has to be [name]Julia[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]!

And please, please [name]DON[/name]'T call her [name]Ashton[/name].

This. [name]Ashton[/name] is fine in the middle spot since it’s a family name, but otherwise it’s a tryndee surname.

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name] is a nice, strong name, and I also like the suggestion of [name]Julia[/name]!

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name] came to my mind right away, and I think it’s a great way to honor an [name]Ella[/name] and a [name]Jane[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name] (I think that the [name]Eleanor[/name] combo has a better flow, though)
[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name] (although [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Parker[/name] doesn’t have the best sound to me because of the B/P sounds)
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]

I personally wouldn’t call her [name]Ashton[/name] because of its trendiness, but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I love, love [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name]!!! [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (I would call her both names, of course I would hyphenate it, but that’s just me ;0) ) is beautiful and classy!!! [name]Love[/name] it!!! Agreeing with others- I would not call her [name]Ashton[/name].

Thanks you guys! [name]Love[/name] the ideas, keep 'em coming :smiley:

I am glad you like “[name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]” joyfulmom! We were thinking exactly that - that if we went with that option, we would use both names. I grew up in the South, so doublenames remind me of home :slight_smile:

Also - I agree with you guys that “[name]Ashton[/name]” is so trendy now. It makes me want to cry because it’s a very legitimate family name for us, and an old tradition. But I know if we use it, everyone will think it’s because of the trendiness - which is NOT the case at all. Sigh. Oh well.

I have the same struggle with “[name]Ella[/name]” - for style reasons, i am tempted to modify it - but the truth is my wonderful, wonderful grandmother was “[name]Ella[/name]” so the only thing that makes my heart smile is “[name]Ella[/name]”! Not [name]Eleanor[/name], or [name]Eliza[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though I think those are beautiful names. I guess I am just really sentimental.

But it is making me totally crazy that some of our favorite family names are so over-exposed.

[name]How[/name] do you guys resolve that kind of issue?

I think calling her ashton is a BAD idea.

[name]Hi[/name]! I think that [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name] is very pretty. :slight_smile: For some reason, I thought you were looking for more combos. Sorry about that!

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] jill - you helped lots! I loved your combos - and considering them helped me understand how very attached I am to family names too. Thanks for all your ideas.

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is adorable, though in general I think either a one syllable or three (plus) syllable first name would work best with [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name], two syllables each. So you might want to consider a longer first name like [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Eleanora[/name] and then call her [name]Ella[/name].

I love [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name], especially if you plan to call her [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] a lot of the time. Such a great mix of old-fashioned, stylish, and sentimental!

I really don’t think there’s anything wrong with [name]Ashton[/name] in the middle (though I agree you should not call her that). It’s nice to honor a family tradition and it actually almost sounds more like part of her last name (as if her last name were [name]Ashton[/name]-[name]Parker[/name]). This is especially true if you give her a second middle. The other nice thing about thinking of [name]Ashton[/name]-[name]Parker[/name] as her “last name” is how it makes you realize that really ANY name works up front; no need to match to [name]Ashton[/name] at all (though you still need to worry about flow, i.e. avoiding back to back A’s might mean not putting [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Ashton[/name] next to each other).
That said, [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Parker[/name] is lovely!