Help - need a girl name! Baby is due in a month!

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] is due in just over 5 weeks and don’t know if we’re having a boy or a girl (keeping it a surprise). We are set on our boy name and I thought we were sure about a girl name, but now I’m second guessing the spelling and if I really like it or not.

Which is your favorite spelling?
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
Everleigh [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_m]Everley[/name_m] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
Everlea [name_f]Paige[/name_f] (wonder if this would get mispronounced to “ever-lee-uh” which I don’t like).
Everlee [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
Everlei [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
Other spelling suggestions?

Other name suggestions? Need ideas! Thanks :slight_smile:

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] is the only proper spelling. Everleigh is next best, but still not correct. Please don’t try to be extra-creative with spelling the name, it will just be a hassle for your daughter.
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is nice, though!

I would go with either [name_u]Everly[/name_u] or Everleigh. The second one makes it a little girlier to me.

Everlea looks pretty, it could have pronounciation issues but its a lot like [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u] so I think it would be okay if you really loved that spelling. I dont like any of the other spellings. Best of luck :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Everly[/name_u]! (I have a friend with the last name Everleigh and people always pronounced/spelled it wrong - mainly like [name_u]Ever[/name_u]-lay)

What’s the boy’s name you like?

Other suggestions:

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Indigo[/name_f]
[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]

Agreed. And for the love of all that’s holy, don’t spell it Everleigh. There’s nothing trendier and tackier than tacking -leigh on the end of a legitimate -y, -ie, or -ee name.

Everleigh, and Everlee are the ones I like best.

[name_u]Leigh[/name_u] I think is widely known as [name_u]Lee[/name_u], so I don’t see a lot of confusion happening.

[name_u]Lee[/name_u] is the less feminine choice.

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] comes off as manly, or even word-like to me.

Everlea I can see a lot of confusion with the pronunciation.

Everlei I can see people saying [name_u]Ever[/name_u]-[name_m]Lay[/name_m].

[name_m]Everley[/name_m], I just don’t like how it looks.

Everleigh [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is a gorgeous name, I wouldn’t change it. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] I helped with the spelling!!

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] is not my style, but I think this is the best spelling. It’s simple, doesn’t look silly or too trendy, and it won’t be mispronounced.
You might like:
[name_f]Evanna[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashby[/name_u]
Lynley
Novalee
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]

~Best of luck~

[name_u]Everly[/name_u]. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t spell it any other way.
It’ll only be a hassle for your daughter and doesn’t make her name any more special or unique than if you spelled it the correct way.
In the end, if she has another [name_u]Everly[/name_u] in her class or somewhere else, she’d still be Everlee/-leigh/-lie L.astname, since it’s still the same name!

Why not consider [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]? If you choose [name_u]Everly[/name_u], I prefer the simplest spelling.

Use [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]. Creative spellings are a huge pet peeve of mine. I think [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f], while not my style, sounds very nice for a girl’s name.

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is perfect! To me, it’s feminine, earthy & feels timeless.

I also like the suggestion of [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f].

I used to like the Everleigh spelling but now I definitely prefer [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. I also like the suggestion of [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].

I like [name_u]Everly[/name_u] and even Everlee.

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] for me, too. I actually like Everleigh, probably better than the other options, but I do feel like it’d just be a mess to deal with. [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is nice! I know a family that used Everleigh [name_f]Claire[/name_f]–I always thought those two worked really well together. I really love [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] “[name_f]Evie[/name_f]”. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thank you all for your feedback…I was thinking the same thing about the alternate spellings, so this has helped me decide on the regular [name_u]Everly[/name_u] way to spell it:)

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t misspell a proper name… Ugh!
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is gorgeous. No need to screw the spelling up just to be youneek