Help! Need name for 2nd daughter

The countdown is on and we are stuck trying to find a name for our second daughter. Our 1st daughter’s name is [name]Elyssa[/name]. We like feminine names, ideally 3 syllables or less. We’ve picked out [name]Helen[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] as a middle name, named after 2 grandmothers. Hubby likes “[name]Aliana[/name]” (or “Alyana”, with “[name]Ali[/name]” as a nickname), but I think it might be a bit of a mouthful. Our last name is 3 syllables, starting with a “P”. We are lukewarm with “[name]Sophia[/name]”, but are wondering if that’s too popular right now? Help!

Have you considered a one-syllable? What about something like [name]Jade[/name] or [name]Paige[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Aliana[/name] [name]Helen[/name]/a is a mouthful especially with a three syllable last name. And is your planning on calling her [name]Ali[/name], I think it is too close to [name]Elyssa[/name] if you nn her [name]Ellie[/name]. Suggestions to go with [name]Elyssa[/name] and [name]Helen[/name]/[name]Helena[/name]:

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name]/[name]Alexa[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Coralie[/name] nn [name]Corrie[/name].

[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Helena[/name] P…

Thanks for the suggestions! I definitely have a preference for names ending in “a”, but it doesn’t absolutely have to. I like the name “[name]Alexa[/name]”, but am worried that it might sound too much lke her big sister’s name “[name]Elyssa[/name]”? What do you think? Please keep the ideas coming!

Whichever name ending in “a” is bound to sound close to big sis’s name.
I love [name]Elyssa[/name], Its very feminine and will sound great throughout the ages.
For baby sis i actually like:

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Helen[/name]

[name]Arabella[/name] ([name]Air[/name]-a-bella) is on my list of Fav, very traditional name coming back in fashion. It as the “l” sound to fit with “[name]Elyssa[/name]” since it doesnt have the sound “lee” in it, It passes the sibset. It would definately be my Top choice

Good luck

What about [name]Ariana[/name], nn [name]Aria[/name]?

[name]Hi[/name]! Names with A endings that I can see with [name]Elyssa[/name]:

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]

[name]Non[/name]-A ending names I can see with [name]Elyssa[/name]:

[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]

I can see [name]Alexa[/name] with [name]Elyssa[/name], but like you said, I think they sound too similar. What about [name]Alexandra[/name]? I think they’re still really, really close though, but I think the extra syllable in [name]Alexandra[/name] does make a bit of a difference.

Good luck! :slight_smile: