Help! Need to decide between two names!

We are trying to decide between two names for our son who is due in a few weeks. :slight_smile:

The names we’ve picked are:
[name_m]Dalton[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]

Our other children’s names are [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_u]Landon[/name_u]. We realize [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] both start with a ‘V’ and [name_u]Landon[/name_u] would be the odd man out and we know that [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] and [name_u]Landon[/name_u] both end in ‘on’. We don’t really mind about either of these things so long as we pick the right name for the long run! We figure the kids won’t be introduced together forever and really want the best name that will carry-through into adulthood.

I am a little into name meanings so for those who are too:
Dalton - valley town
Vaughn - small
(Victoria - victory)
(Landon - long hill)

Thanks so much for your input. It’s much appreciated!!

Both names are great and go well with your other kids names! I would vote [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] but [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] is lovely too!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] is unique and distinctive!

2 Likes

Vaughn [name_u]Michael[/name_u].

2 Likes

Dalton!

2 Likes

I vote for [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u].

2 Likes

Vaughn!

2 Likes

Another vote for [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I vote [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u]

2 Likes

I vote [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]! I think both work well with your other children but I prefer [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] over [name_m]Vaughan[/name_m].:blush:

2 Likes

Stong preference for :slight_smile:
[name_u]Landon[/name_u], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], and [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u]. You have a nice variety of length, # syllables, and vowel sounds. Which isnt the case if you pick [name_m]Dalton[/name_m].

1 Like

I love the sound of [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u], it sounds very handsome! I also prefer the meaning of “[name_f]Valley[/name_f] Town” over “small” :slight_smile: It will connect him in some way to his older brother. [name_u]Landon[/name_u] & [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] flow so naturally!

2 Likes

Vaughn!

1 Like

Vaughn!

It’s my current second choice

1 Like

Vaughn [name_u]Michael[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I vote for [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] too (although I do prefer [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]’s meaning)

1 Like

I actually like [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] better!

1 Like

Tough choice they both sound great to me. I think I prefer [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] but I suggest you go to the delivery room with both names and see what feels right when you see him.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u]! so rare now too!

2 Likes

Vaughn.

2 Likes