Help needed - our 1st baby Boy (S)!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] guys!

So glad to find this forum. We are a having a huge dilemma on our baby boy’s name.

We have initially thought it was a girl and have decided on the name- [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] [name_f]Sue[/name_f].

The scans told us it’s a little boy yest and so we are overjoyed while trying to get down to names that start with S!

The husband is a big fan of LOTR… and these are the shortlisted names

Strider [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
Stryder [name_f]Sue[/name_f]

[name_f]Sue[/name_f] is my husband’s last name and we are from Singapore.

Any thoughts on the above or any suggestions would be helpful to make a decision soon. Thanks guys!

What about [name_m]Ranger[/name_m]? That seems like a bit better than Strider imo!

Emersonwildwood: we needed something that starts with S. that’s the thing haha. do you have any ideas? :smiley:

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f] - very handsome
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_m]Sean[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_u]Sidney[/name_u] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]

My two favs are [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Sean[/name_m].

Stryder/Strider is not my stile, it sounds a bit like Stride-her.

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m]
[name_m]Slater[/name_m]
[name_u]Sander[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefan[/name_m]
[name_m]Stetson[/name_m]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]

[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]

[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] is a great idea!

I think Strider [name_f]Sue[/name_f] works but if you want some other options:
LOTR
Siriondil [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
Samwell [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
Sirion [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
“Real” name options:
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_m]Salomon[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]

Personally one syllable names sound a little to sing-song with the double S, I would stick with 2+.

thanks guys!

will consider [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], Strider [name_f]Sue[/name_f].

liav410: agree with the 2+ syllable names that makes it more catchy!

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f] best!

I like [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]!

I don’t think Strider’s a good name, and Stryder is just Strider misspelled. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Sam[/name_u], if it must start with an S and be LOTR?

I would prefer names that have a long history of masculine use with [name_f]Sue[/name_f], or it runs the risk of sounding like a ‘unisex’ first name - [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f] is a great suggestion, and something like [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_m]Scipio[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_m]Seymour[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_m]Siegfried[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f], Skandar [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Sue[/name_f] or [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_f]Sue[/name_f] would be good too.