Help on 3rd baby

Hello! This is my first post on nameberry. My daughter’s name is [name]Freya[/name] [name]Marie[/name] and son’s name is [name]Graham[/name] [name]Robert[/name]. Possible names for the new baby include [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Betsy[/name] for a girl, perhaps even [name]Betsy[/name] [name]Claire[/name], and then [name]Clyde[/name] for a boy. Thoughts?

I prefer [name]Claire[/name] over [name]Betsie[/name], but they’re both wonderful names.
[name]Clyde[/name] is also a good choice imo.

And I love [name]Freya[/name] [name]Marie[/name], it’s so lovely!

I’d say [name]Claire[/name] for the girl, thats a beautiful name :slight_smile: and [name]Clyde[/name] is OK :confused:

[name]Claire[/name] (or [name]Clare[/name]) is a wonderful name, and [name]Betsy[/name] is adorable. Personally, if you decide [name]Betsy[/name], I’d give [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a full name, w/ [name]Betsy[/name] as a nickname. :slight_smile:

Thank you all!
Some of the reasons behind our current names are:
[name]Graham[/name] was chosen because it is a family last name - [name]Graham[/name] clan from [name]Scotland[/name]. And then for a girl name I looked into Viking/Norse mythology and found [name]Freya[/name] - which means [name]Goddess[/name] of Womanhood (fertility) and Beauty - plus I felt like it was a strong name and visually could see a blonde pig-tailed girl running through the house named [name]Freya[/name]. That name took some convincing of the husband - especially as it means fertility - he is not looking forward to the teen years! lol :wink:

We have just begun the process of thinking about names…[name]Clyde[/name] is just one thought…although it could blend well with [name]Graham[/name], given that there is the [name]Clyde[/name] [name]River[/name] in [name]Scotland[/name] and it is found in the family tree too.

I love [name]Freya[/name] [name]Marie[/name] and [name]Graham[/name] [name]Robert[/name]! They are wonderful names.
I’m not the biggest fan of [name]Betsy[/name], but [name]Claire[/name] is my favorite name, so my vote goes to [name]Claire[/name]. Plus, [name]Claire[/name] goes wonderfully with [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Graham[/name]. [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] would be nice.
Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of [name]Clyde[/name], and I don’t think it’s the best choice with the names of your other kids, it sounds too old. Some other options:
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]/[name]Ewan[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]/[name]Harris[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry! Here is another vote for [name]Claire[/name]! Sorry but I’m not a fan of [name]Clyde[/name] - it’s too clunky and harsh next to [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Graham[/name]. You could use it as a middle name. Here are some Scottish name suggestions. Best wishes to you!
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Lorne[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Ross[/name]
[name]Laird[/name]
Alpin
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Iain[/name]
[name]Stuart[/name]

I’m not a big fan of [name]Clyde[/name] and i don’t think it goes that well with your kids names.
I like both [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Betsy[/name] but think [name]Claire[/name] would fit best with [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Graham[/name].

Here’s some more ideas for girl names with a scandanavian ancestry: what do you think about [name]Ingrid[/name] or [name]Astrid[/name]?
I like the name [name]Duncan[/name] for a boy - hadn’t thought of that. What do you think about the name [name]Lars[/name] for a boy?

First off [name]Welcome[/name] and congrats on number four.
Now down to business lol :
I vote for [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! Then you get [name]Claire[/name] and you can call her [name]Betsy[/name] as a special nn.
Next to [name]Graham[/name] and [name]Freya[/name] [name]Clyde[/name] does look clunky and out of place. you need something softer.
i absolutely vote [name]Lars[/name]! lovely name. maybe even [name]Bjorn[/name]?
[name]Duncan[/name] would fit too!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clyde[/name], and you should totally use it! While, I know it’s not for everyone, but I honestly don’t get how people say it doesn’t match. [name]Clyde[/name] is a perfect match for [name]Graham[/name]. I think [name]Clyde[/name] is really cool, and one of those hipper than hip names. I think it could make a comeback some time soon. If my naming style had taken a different route, my twins would probably be [name]Clyde[/name] and [name]Greer[/name].

Really, my problem is with the girls. I don’t feel like [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Betsy[/name] (although I really like both) don’t really fit, especially with [name]Freya[/name]. If I had to pick one, I’d go with [name]Claire[/name] since I don’t like Besty as a full name, and your other kids don’t have nicknames. I’d expect something along the lines of [name]Daphne[/name] or [name]Ingrid[/name] to be the sister of [name]Freya[/name].

PS. Please pick [name]Clyde[/name]. :slight_smile:

Thank you! [name]Clyde[/name] and [name]Lars[/name] are on the list. What do you think of [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I do like [name]Ingrid[/name] as well

Congratulations on your new baby! [name]How[/name] exciting! I love [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Graham[/name] :slight_smile: Out of interest, are you pronouncing [name]Graham[/name] ‘gray-um’ or ‘gram’? In the UK, its almost exclusively the former, but I’ve noticed the ‘[name]Gram[/name]’ pronunciation cropping up here more often. That was something I was unfamiliar with until I found this website!

I love [name]Betsy[/name], but I’m a sucker for an [name]Elizabeth[/name] derivative, since its a BIG name in our family. I prefer it vastly over [name]Claire[/name], but then that’s probably because [name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clare[/name]/[name]Clair[/name] are soooo overdone where I’m from ([name]Glasgow[/name], UK), and it was VERY popular within my age group. It just seems a bit blah to me. But maybe that’s different across the pond.

With [name]Clyde[/name], I can appreciate how different it is as a name, and its definitely a very much more interesting choice than [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], [name]Cayden[/name] et al. It’s quite handsome now I think about it. But I just thought I’d mention that the [name]River[/name] [name]Clyde[/name] in [name]Glasgow[/name] isn’t the most attractive namesake. [name]Even[/name] though these won’t be family names, I’ve listed some alternative Scottish names relating to waterways in our country which are genuinely very beautiful, or at least more so than the brown [name]River[/name] [name]Clyde[/name]:

Lomond
[name]Moray[/name] (prn [name]Murray[/name])
Deveron
Leven ([name]Lee[/name]-van)
[name]Afton[/name] (immortalised in [name]Robert[/name] [name]Burns[/name]’ poem ‘Sweet [name]Afton[/name]’)
Rannoch
[name]Ossian[/name]
Montrose (not strictly a river or loch, but a town built around the Montrose Basin, leading to the [name]North[/name] Sea. The reason I mention it is because this is where Clan [name]Graham[/name] began and called home!)

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Claire[/name] and [name]Betsy[/name] seem pretty plain compared to [name]Freya[/name].