Help once again! please!!

We’re expecting a son, and I’ve had trouble coming up with a name I just feel is right as soon as I say it out loud.
on our list we have 4 names that we keep coming back to, so i’m guessing that’s a sign that they will be there until the end right?
It’s
[ul]

[/ul]

I really really love [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Henry[/name], while the other two are OK but mostly there to please my OH, haha.

Then we have two names we liked when we first found out we were pregnant and before we knew it was a boy, and before we saw the names climbing top 10, that we feel like we HAVE to have on the list…
[b][ul]

[/ul]

[/b]
they are both on top 10 where I’m from and where our son most likely will grow up and go to school… So I have a hate-love relationship to them both.
for me it’s really important that my son wont have more than 1, maybe 2 classmates with the same name… I grew up being one of 10 with the name [name]Maya[/name] in my class and I hate my name because of it.

Can you see any pattern in the names we like? if so, can you suggest more names like that?
My main criterias when searching for names have been : British Traditional, timeless & not too popular.

[name]Do[/name] you have a all time favorite boy name you’d like to share???

thanks for your help once again :wink:

([name]Edward[/name], [name]Robert[/name], [name]Philip[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Roger[/name] & [name]Hector[/name] are out of the question, hehe!)

You have a great list there, I can see why you’re having trouble deciding! From your list, I like [name]Francis[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] best…[name]Edmund[/name] is alright, but I like the other “[name]Ed[/name]” names better…such as [name]Edward[/name] (which is on your no-go list, I see) and [name]Edwin[/name]. Here are a few names that I immediately thought of after reading your post:

[name]Theodore[/name], [name]Edwin[/name], [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Graham[/name], [name]Keith[/name], [name]Malcolm[/name], [name]Reid[/name].

I also like traditional, but not-too-popular British names best. Good luck deciding! I hope this helps!

Thank you! =) Yeah [name]Edward[/name] is my sons cousin so [name]Edwin[/name] is out too, too close I’m afraid :frowning:

I’ll show my hubby this list too, haha :wink:

I love [name]Edmund[/name]! It’s so handsome. I also love [name]Felix[/name]. [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Felix[/name] would be so cool. Handsome and classic meets spunky.

I like [name]Edmund[/name] best from your list. I like konrad too, but I prefer it spelled with a C. I kinda like the idea of using [name]Radley[/name] as a nn. (I love To Kill a Mockingbird) I’m not very good at suggesting names, but i’ll give it a shot. :wink:
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Dane[/name]
[name]Corbin[/name]

[name]Edmund[/name] is a great name; I love its Chronicles of [name]Narnia[/name] bearer, and prefer it to [name]Edward[/name] (too Twilight). I also like [name]Francis[/name] nn [name]Frank[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name] with a C. I understand about [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]'s popularity–does that knock [name]Hugh[/name] off, too?

For traditional British (though I think they work in the States, too) boys names, I would suggest:
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Martin[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Albert[/name] or [name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]

Ok I will try to help! I reallly love [name]Hugo[/name] but know what you mean.
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Percy[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] or
[name]Laurence[/name]

Yeah its my favorite, my little brothers middlename and from [name]Narnia[/name](all time fav. books)

We’ve got middle names for our boy allready tho, but I do like [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Felix[/name]. such a good suggestion! =)

Yeah [name]Konrad[/name] was [name]Conrad[/name] in the beginning but to me the C makes it look and sound a bit more like an old mans name or a surname hehe.
[name]Radley[/name] as a nn for what? [name]Conrad[/name]? I’d prolly end up calling my poor son connie hahah!
[name]Corbin[/name] I Like alot… [name]Friend[/name] had a son named [name]Corbin[/name] tho, ARGH!

yeah it’s an amazing name =) hopefully he will look like an [name]Edmund[/name] :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [name]Just[/name] have to find a different nn for [name]Edmund[/name] than [name]Ed[/name] or [name]Eddie[/name]. (babys cousin is [name]Edward[/name] so he will be [name]Ed[/name], and I hate the name [name]Eddie[/name]) hehe.
I’m deff. putting [name]Crispin[/name], [name]Albert[/name], [name]Alfred[/name] and [name]Desmond[/name] on the list waiting to be approved by hubby! x
Thanks!!

oh and I cant pronounce Hugh unfortunately heheh, just sounds weird to me!

thank you! I like all of these… I’m the only one that likes [name]Rupert[/name] tho, hehe… [name]Theodore[/name] I would love to use if people would think “[name]Teddy[/name]” as a nickname instead of the oh so popular [name]Theo[/name]…

Ha ha, yeah I was thinking [name]Radley[/name] as a nn for [name]Conrad[/name]. The only other thing I could come up with was [name]Con[/name], which seemed a little criminal to me :wink:

I love [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Henry[/name],
It was my top choice to name my son [name]Desmond[/name] [name]Harris[/name], but we are thinking of changing it to [name]Esmond[/name].
Try putting two together.

[name]Desmond[/name] is so much better!!! Sorry I don’t like [name]Esmond[/name] :frowning: