Help! Only 5 weeks left to find a name!!!

I am due in 5 weeks with my second son. First sons name is [name_m]Henry[/name_m] which I really love and I wanted something that ended in an ee sound also but until now I couldn´t find anything. So I threw everything overboard and started fresh with searching - still nothing.

I wand something cute but that also is sophisticated as an adult AND nothing girly or unisex. Should be 100% boy.
Honestly, since I read [name_f]EVERY[/name_f] name here, other pages and Forums I pretty much know them all but maybe you have some tips on not freaking out about hating everything I read or keep an open mind. And NO, I don´t think waiting until I meet him in the delivery room is of any help.

Thanks and sorry - I am really stressed with naming this boy :frowning:

So there aren’t any names at all that you like? I’ll throw out some suggestions but I don’t know if it will be of any help:

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Truett[/name_m]
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Zeke[/name_m]

What about using a family name? That might help you find a name you feel good about because you’ll have a sentimental connection to it. You could look at your family tree and see if there are any cool names, even surnames, there.

I feel your pain. We were team green, turned blue and while we had one girl name with a back up just incase she just didn’t fit the name we had a “short” list of 23 or 24 names boy names. Two days after he was born our “short” list was down to 5 with only 2 of the original list even on the current list. Naming a baby is tough sometimes - it’s an important decision and you just don’t want to get it wrong.

I found it helpful to test the names out. [name_m]Say[/name_m] the name out loud. Pretend you are calling out to your son. [name_m]Say[/name_m] their full name. Write the name down. Type it out. Test out the initials. What are the possible nicknames. Are you ok, with the nicknames? Try to picture the name on a little boy, a teenager, an adult. Does it fit?

Going with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] as a starting point I’ll suggest:

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u] (Jamieeeeee)
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] (Charlieeeeee)
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]

Are any of these on the right track?

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and…

[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]

[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacoby[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeffery[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]

I had some names on my list.

Really liked [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. But its getting more popular as a girls name and I don´t want the Unisex thing.
Also had [name_u]James[/name_u] but don´t like [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] because it´s Unisex and same goes for [name_m]Anton[/name_m] ([name_u]Tony[/name_u] - name of my co-workers daughter).

I played around with [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] because I really like [name_m]Ben[/name_m] but it´s so overly popular that I searched for ways to use it as a nickname. But [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] strikes me as a bit over the top plus I don´t want people to ask me why my son is named after a car. Other [name_m]Ben[/name_m]… Variations didn´t hit me.

Also had [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] but it was too similar to [name_m]Henry[/name_m] so I crossed it off.

I am saying names oudloud alot and they all sound wrong to me. Can´t fall in love with anything. Plus the “will it fit as an adult” thing is also really hard.

Thanks for all the replies and the understanding words.

[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] was my first thought.

some other ideas:

[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_u]Stanley[/name_u]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] nn [name_u]Vinny[/name_u]
[name_m]Fredrick[/name_m] nn [name_u]Freddie[/name_u]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] nn [name_u]Joey[/name_u]

I think [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] would be a great fit with [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

With [name_m]Henry[/name_m]:

[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Benton[/name_m]
[name_m]Preston[/name_m]

First off, I can empathize. I had an exact girl name picked out, but we’re expecting a boy and all the boy names feel meh to me. A bunch of them are nice enough, but nothing stands out.

I noticed you liked [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. Have you considered naming him [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and going with a different. non-neutral nickname? I’m thinking [name_u]Chase[/name_u], [name_m]Cash[/name_m], or [name_m]Chuck[/name_m].

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and brother

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]- [name_m]Artie[/name_m]
[name_m]Fredrick[/name_m]- [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]- [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_m]George[/name_m]- [name_u]Georgie[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]
[name_m]Steven[/name_m]- [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]
[name_m]William[/name_m]- [name_u]Billy[/name_u], [name_m]Willy[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]- [name_m]Johnny[/name_m]

Maybe [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], [name_u]Clancy[/name_u], [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], [name_u]Landry[/name_u], [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], or [name_u]Perry[/name_u]?

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] is not an option. The only [name_m]Charles[/name_m] that directly comes to my mind is [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and he is not exactly an Eye catcher :wink:

I liked [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] because I could imagine this cute little blond boy getting into trouble and smiling his way out of it.

I am still reading names daily but nothing that hits me. Nothing that even goes on my list. I thought about getting a book even because some advertise with 60.000 + names. But I guess that will be the same ones I read here. and I have read the whole alphabet on nameberry! Also UK, Australian, [name_m]German[/name_m] and Dutch sites I tried. nothing. Really really hope that I will read a name soon that probably read before but it will just click…

My immediate thought was [name_m]George[/name_m].

All names I can think of that end with “ee” sound, good luck :slight_smile:

[name_u]Finlay[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u])
[name_m]Bodie[/name_m]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_m]Dempsey[/name_m]
[name_u]Joey[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_f]Rainey[/name_f]

I like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] or [name_m]Weston[/name_m] together.

What about [name_m]David[/name_m]. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]David[/name_m]!

[FONT=Century Gothic]It sounds like you want something similar to [name_m]Henry[/name_m] in that’s it’s familiar but not too trendy. I also really like [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] but agree it’s too close to [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I really like the 2nd commenter’s suggestions. I think part of your problem might be that a lot of the names similar in feel to [name_m]Henry[/name_m] ([name_m]William[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]David[/name_m]) don’t have the sound you want (ending -e sound) and so you’re getting stuck.
I think what you could do is go with a name with an easy -e ending nickname.
Like:
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ([name_u]Theo[/name_u])
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] ([name_u]Vinnie[/name_u])
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] ([name_u]Andy[/name_u])
[name_m]George[/name_m] ([name_u]Georgie[/name_u])
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] ([name_m]Tommy[/name_m])
[name_u]August[/name_u] ([name_m]Augie[/name_m]) <-- I really like this one!
Samuel (Sammy)
Benjamin (Benny)
Joseph (Joey)
Michael (Mikey)

Or go with a name that has the -e sound embedded but doesn’t necessarily end in -e.
Like:
Leonard / Leonardo (Leo)
Elliott (Eli)
Levi

Some more suggestions that end in -e:
Zachary
Murphy
Wesley
Quincy

Some more names I think would go well with Henry / similar to Harvey:
Russell
Cormac
Graham
Christopher
Lachlan
Jacob
Nicholas
Job
[/FONT]

I totally get that same image from [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]!

I think maybe part of the problem is (and I might be totally off base here) that you’re working off of rules rather than the feeling the name gives you. I also imagine it must be difficult to name a second child when you have already found a name you love so much for your first!

Here’s some suggestions (some ee ending and some not) that feel like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] to me. Repeating many pp’s suggestions!

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] nn [name_m]Louie[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] nn [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] nn [name_u]Toby[/name_u]

[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u]

Best of luck!

[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Dustin[/name_u]
[name_u]Glenn[/name_u]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_m]Ramsey[/name_m]
[name_u]Tobin[/name_u]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Augustine[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Pete[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Wiley[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_u]Brady[/name_u] – my favorite.