HELP! Opinions and Suggestions needed! Part 2 (boys)

If possible, we agree even less on boy names…

Top Boys Names:
The first name MUST be [name]Stephen[/name]. DH’s family tradition is that every mans first born son is named [name]Stephen[/name] and goes by his middle name. Thus, there are literally probably 15 Stephens in the extended family, but it’s never a problem because no one ever goes by it! Our qualifications are either that the name has family value, or a something that has a good meaning. Also, no S names b/c the initials SSS are just ugly!

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]- [name]Oliver[/name] was a great-uncle whom I love very much. But is this name too trendy?

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theo[/name]- A family name on DH’s mother’s side that means a lot to DH, and I like it, but does it sound weak?

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Larson[/name] (nn [name]Lars[/name])- One of my favorites, but DH is still on the fence. Should we just go with [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Lars[/name]? DH says everyone will expect a little blond Scandinavian with wooden shoes, but I think it’s adorable!

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Jack[/name]- [name]Jack[/name] (just [name]Jack[/name], no “real” name) was my dads uncle who helped raise him, so this is very meaningful to me. But it is becoming very trendy- too trendy? Does it need a longer name with [name]Jack[/name] as a nn?

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Levi[/name]: [name]Just[/name] a name we like. But does [name]Levi[/name] Stroud sound too close to [name]Levi[/name] Strauss, the blue jean company?

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] (nn [name]Gabe[/name]): My favorite name since childhood, DH thinks it sounds too feminine.

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Marshall[/name]: The only name we can really agree on, it also happens to be the only name without a great meaning or any family significance. Does that matter? Should we use it anyway?

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]- [name]Andrew[/name] is my brother name, but he goes by a nn. I love this name, but DH refuses. What other similar names could we use?

Names we can’t use b/c other Stephens have them :)… [name]Paul[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]James[/name]/[name]Jamie[/name], [name]Bailey[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Collin[/name], [name]Tracy[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Rylan[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]Evan[/name], [name]Joshua[/name], [name]David[/name]

Names vetoed already: [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Linus[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Elisha[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Titus[/name], [name]Jeremiah[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Ashton[/name], [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Colby[/name], [name]Clark[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Ryan[/name], [name]Joshua[/name], [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Broderick[/name]

I’m so sorry these posts have been so long, but your help will be so greatly appreciated (by me and our poor, nameless child)!

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]: I love [name]Oliver[/name], and think it sounds great with [name]Stephen[/name]. I think [name]Oliver[/name] Stroud is great! (His initials will be SOS, though.)

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theo[/name]: I think [name]Theo[/name] is a great name, but as a nickname for [name]Theodore[/name]. I think [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theo[/name] Stroud flows well, but seems incomplete. I’d personally go with [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theodore[/name], and call him [name]Theo[/name]

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Larson[/name] (nn [name]Lars[/name]): I think [name]Larson[/name] Stroud is pretty S-heavy, and [name]Lars[/name] Stroud doesn’t work, because the first name ends with S and the last name begins with S. :frowning:

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Jack[/name]: I really like [name]Jack[/name], but when I said [name]Jack[/name] Stroud aloud, I nearly said [name]Jack[/name] Sprout, from the nursery rhyme. (That’s just me, though.) :slight_smile:

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Levi[/name]: Yes, [name]Levi[/name] Stroud sounds too close to [name]Levi[/name] Strauss (too funny!). (Also, the Steeve and Leeve sounds in the names rhyme, making it not flow well…)

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] (nn [name]Gabe[/name]): I think this is awesome! :slight_smile:

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Marshall[/name]: I think it flows well, but I’m betting that people will shorten [name]Marshall[/name] to [name]Marsh[/name], and [name]Marsh[/name] Stroud is a tongue-twister. But if you love it, you should go for it!

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]: It wouldn’t be the best flow with [name]Stephen[/name], but [name]Anderson[/name] Stroud could work (pretty S heavy, though). [name]Andre[/name] could be an option, too.

My picks from your list are [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Theo/name, and [name]Gabriel[/name].

[name]Don[/name]'t worry, because you’ll find the perfect name! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] again :slight_smile:
I’ve yet no have the opportunity to name any little boys (3 girlies and 3 on the way!) but my favourite boys’ name is certainly [name]Oliver[/name], I adore [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], it’s very cute :slight_smile:

[name]Gracie[/name]

I love [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] best! It is handsome, classic and strong and [name]Theo[/name] is a great nn.

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] gets my next vote. The nn [name]Ollie[/name] would also be very sweet for a baby!

And my third vote goes to [name]Gabriel[/name]. [name]Gabe[/name] is adorable!

[name]Levi[/name] is too close to the jeans with your last name and I totally agree with Jills other answers. You have three great names to pick from though!

My husband’s name is [name]Stephen[/name] and his middle name is [name]Kent[/name]. Not used much anymore, strong and clean. I think it could work great!

Top Boys Names:
The first name MUST be [name]Stephen[/name]. DH’s family tradition is that every mans first born son is named [name]Stephen[/name] and goes by his middle name. Thus, there are literally probably 15 Stephens in the extended family, but it’s never a problem because no one ever goes by it! Our qualifications are either that the name has family value, or a something that has a good meaning. Also, no S names b/c the initials SSS are just ugly!

• What an interesting tradition!

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]- [name]Oliver[/name] was a great-uncle whom I love very much. But is this name too trendy? – love [name]Oliver[/name], not too trendy where I’m from - Southern [name]CA[/name].

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theo[/name]- A family name on DH’s mother’s side that means a lot to DH, and I like it, but does it sound weak? I would lengthen it to [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name], [name]Ted[/name], or Teed.

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Larson[/name] (nn [name]Lars[/name])- One of my favorites, but DH is still on the fence. Should we just go with [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Lars[/name]? DH says everyone will expect a little blond Scandinavian with wooden shoes, but I think it’s adorable! [name]Love[/name] [name]Lars[/name], but love [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] more. I don’t think of wooden shoes because I’ve known two guys named [name]Lars[/name] and they wore probably tennis shoes or sandals.

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Jack[/name]- [name]Jack[/name] (just [name]Jack[/name], no “real” name) was my dads uncle who helped raise him, so this is very meaningful to me. But it is becoming very trendy- too trendy? Does it need a longer name with [name]Jack[/name] as a nn? – [name]Stephen[/name] [name]John[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Jack[/name] even though it’s trendy.

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Levi[/name]: [name]Just[/name] a name we like. But does [name]Levi[/name] Stroud sound too close to [name]Levi[/name] Strauss, the blue jean company? – I’m not wild about [name]Levi[/name], but a lot of people love it. And it’s not too popular.

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] (nn [name]Gabe[/name]): My favorite name since childhood, DH thinks it sounds too feminine. I love [name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gabe[/name]! Darling! In my area, a lot of very macho guys are named [name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gabe[/name]. My husband has played softball with a few of them. One has been to prison, and he’s kind of scary. He has tattoos. He is definitely not feminine. My husband steers clear of him needless to say.

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Marshall[/name]: The only name we can really agree on, it also happens to be the only name without a great meaning or any family significance. Does that matter? Should we use it anyway? – Seems kind of dull to me. Makes me think of mashed potatoes. [name]Stephen[/name] is a name from my childhood, and I like it with something new and dashing like [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theodore[/name], or [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name].

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]- [name]Andrew[/name] is my brother name, but he goes by a nn. I love this name, but DH refuses. What other similar names could we use? – [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Ansel[/name], [name]Stephen[/name] [name]August[/name], [name]Stephen[/name] [name]Matthew[/name].

Names we can’t use b/c other Stephens have them :)… [name]Paul[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]James[/name]/[name]Jamie[/name], [name]Bailey[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Collin[/name], [name]Tracy[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Rylan[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]Evan[/name], [name]Joshua[/name], [name]David[/name]

Names vetoed already: [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Linus[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Elisha[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Titus[/name], [name]Jeremiah[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Ashton[/name], [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Colby[/name], [name]Clark[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Ryan[/name], [name]Joshua[/name], [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Broderick[/name]

I’m so sorry these posts have been so long, but your help will be so greatly appreciated (by me and our poor, nameless child. – [name]Don[/name]'t worry, we posters love to think of names!

Other ideas:
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] (Very popular, especially in [name]CA[/name], but I love it so much!)
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] – my fave!
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Clive[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] (but [name]Jacob[/name] is super popular - I think it’s #1. I love it though.)
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Kenneth[/name] (I think [name]Kenneth[/name] will come back in style.)
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Lorenzo[/name] nn [name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Philip[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Victor[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Zane[/name]

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Jack[/name] … I [name]LOVE[/name] it!

Thanks Ladies! Your honesty has helped us so much! This is our updated list…

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] (nn [name]Dash[/name])
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] (nn [name]Gabe[/name])
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Jack[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Marshall[/name]- even though it didn’t get any rave reviews, we both always seem to come back to it
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (nn [name]Ollie[/name])
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name])

I still really loved [name]Lars[/name], but my [name]SIL[/name], who is also expecting and is farther along, announced that if they have a boy, they will name him [name]Larson[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] [name]Willard[/name], nn [name]Lars[/name], so that was the last nail in poor [name]Lars[/name]’ coffin:)

[name]Susan[/name]- we are about to move to Southern [name]California[/name], so any other popularity insights would be wonderful!

[name]Oliver[/name] is my favorite from your list! Followed closely by [name]Dashiell[/name] and then [name]Theodore[/name] :slight_smile:

SoCal is a varied place. It is like a miniature version of the whole United States. There are parts of Pasadena that are incredibly stuffy and classy like New [name]England[/name]. Tujunga and Sunland remind me of the hillbilly areas of Kentucky and [name]Tennessee[/name]. [name]Burbank[/name] is like the Midwest if they made movies in the Midwest. [name]Orange[/name] County reminds me of Southern [name]Florida[/name]. But the Westside is truly [name]California[/name]. So I can’t put L.A. in a box, but since you are moving here, don’t consider the name [name]Daniel[/name] - it’s #1. And [name]Gabriel[/name] is very cool here. Probably in Tujunga they would think it was weird. I think all your other names would work unless you’re moving to some place like Tujunga. Then [name]Ryan[/name], [name]Logan[/name], or [name]Chad[/name] would be great. No, I’m kidding, they would all work.

Names in SoCal:
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] (nn [name]Dash[/name]) – only have heard this on Nameberry plus [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Hammett[/name].
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] (nn [name]Gabe[/name]) – know a cool teenager named [name]Gabe[/name] plus adult men in their 20’s. I love this name. Great for SoCal because it does have a Hispanic flair that’s really cool!
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Jack[/name] – haven’t heard of a lot of Jacks, but I don’t know very many babies or preschoolers. I know mostly teenagers. [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Jack[/name].
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Marshall[/name]- even though it didn’t get any rave reviews, we both always seem to come back to it – haven’t hear this. Know a little [name]Mitchell[/name].
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (nn [name]Ollie[/name]) – a bit popular where I live.
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name]) – haven’t heard it much around where I live (Pasadena area). I love it.

[name]Susan[/name]- we are about to move to Southern [name]California[/name], so any other popularity insights would be wonderful! – See above.

I like all of your choices but [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Marshall[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name] are spectacular! Another [name]California[/name] gal here :slight_smile: