Help picking 1st baby boy name

My wife and I have currently narrowed the list down to these names. Thoughts on your favorite?

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] Metcalf
[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] Metcalf

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] Metcalf
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] Metcalf

[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] Metcalf
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] Metcalf

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] Metcalf
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] Metcalf

[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] Metcalf
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] Metcalf

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] Metcalf sounds fabulous!! I love absolutely everything about it (except slightly prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] vs [name_m]Oskar[/name_m]) You both are very good at putting together wonderful combos; I like most of them!

[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is my least favorite, as I find the name [name_m]Luke[/name_m] a bit boring, especially compared to your other great names.

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] is a bit more difficult to say, in my opinion, but still a good name.

I like [name_m]Casper[/name_m] a lot! I would love love love to meet a [name_m]Casper[/name_m]! [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] Metcalf is a really cool name. This is my second favorite, almost tied with first favorite :slight_smile:

[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] is also an awesome name. [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] seems very “twilight” but if you don’t mind that, I think it’s a great, strong name. [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] is an interesting middle that I kind of dig, actually, maybe because it is similar to [name_m]Digby[/name_m] in my signature.

I love [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u]! [name_m]Casper[/name_m] is good too.

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] is my favourite, a very handsome choice.

I like [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] the best of your names! Very handsome and under-used.

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] is my absolute favorite! I love a lot of them–[name_m]Oskar[/name_m], [name_m]Lukas[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], etc.–but I adore [name_m]Casper[/name_m], and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] Metcalf sounds great. I would have loved to see [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], though! Or even [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u]. Second choice would have been [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], and then [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u], and then [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u].

[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]'s nice, but still too reminiscent of Twilight for me (even though literally all the other names–[name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f], etc., etc.–seem usable to me). I’ve always preferred [name_m]Callan[/name_m] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m] to [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] in general, too. Still a nice name, though, and [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] is great.

Good luck!

[name_m]CASPER[/name_m]! love it

[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] Metcalf would get my vote.

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is fantastic (love [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] on a boy!). I also like [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], but [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] is so handsome.

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] sounds fantastic with your surname but I actually prefer the name [name_m]Ronan[/name_m].

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] are my favorites. You should add a poll to this post so you can get more input😀

Thank you all for the feedback. We associated [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] more with “Hell on Wheels” than Twilight, so the Twilight comments may turn us away from that one.

I think we may have decided against [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] due to a few people wondering how to pronounce it. A close relative is named [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u] so i was a little concerned with the [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u]/[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] ties anyways.

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] are definitely still in the running. We haven’t fully decided on the middle name for the possible [name_m]Luke[/name_m] name. Here are a few ideas:

[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] Metcalf
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Colton[/name_m]

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] Metcalf or [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] Metcalf = both adorable!!!

My favorites are [name_m]Oskar[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m] and [name_m]Cullen[/name_m]. I have never seen Twilight and so I’m unaware of the connection there. Perhaps only a particular generation would make he connection…

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] Metcalf - [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] is classic yet uncommon at this time. Nice
[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] Metcalf

[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] Metcalf - Biblical, always has come across as a strong name.
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] Metcalf

[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] Metcalf - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the pairing of [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] and [name_u]Ashby[/name_u].
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] Metcalf

I like them in this order:

1. [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] Metcalf
  2. [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] Metcalf
  3. [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] Metcalf
  4. [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] Metcalf
  5. [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] Metcalf (nice, but really popular)

I like [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]! It’s uncommon but not too out there. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am unable to pick a favorite! The tie is between [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u]. You have such great options!

I love [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]!

My favorites are [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Ashby[/name_u]