Help picking a middle name for Eloise

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Willa[/name]'s sister [name]Eloise[/name] is due in a few weeks. We just decided on [name]Eloise[/name] a few days ago but for the first time we both had the YES, THAT’S HER feeling, so I hope we stick with it.

For her middle name, we want to represent my dad’s side. His name is [name]Leon[/name] [name]Edward[/name] - Parents [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I don’t think [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Mary[/name]/[name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rosemary[/name] etc sounds too smooth with the last name (begins with S, two-syllables, French).

Feminizing the other names is tough, but I am considering [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Noel[/name] (leon backwards) - what do the great minds out there think? Any other suggestions from the names presented above?

What about [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Leona[/name]? Very European and adorable! ([name]Leona[/name] is one of my top picks, to honor a [name]Leanne[/name]”I know, a stretch, but so cute).

[name]Willa[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] make a great sibset”very lovely.

I love [name]Corine[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Leona[/name]!

Was thinking more about this, if you don’t like [name]Leona[/name], what about [name]Eloise[/name] L”onie ([name]Lay[/name]-oh-nee), which has a very French feel to it. Would be excellent with your last name!

I love [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Leona[/name]!
Also [name]Eloise[/name] [name]May[/name] or [name]Mae[/name] to honor [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Blanche[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

I love your girls names! [name]Willa[/name] is one of my favorites…

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] sounds pretty…

let us know what you decide
Best Wishes,
[name]Kelly[/name]

thanks for the great suggestions and compliments! the husband hates [name]Leona[/name], unfortunately, but I do like how it ends with an ‘a’; it has good flow and i like your french substitute suggestion. [name]Pearl[/name] could work, it’s [name]Mary[/name]'s sister.

looking up female variations of [name]Leon[/name]: leone, leonie are both really nice actually. There are more options than I thought!

I looked up [name]Leonora[/name]… has a different root and meaning than [name]Leon[/name]/[name]Leonard[/name] >f. [name]Leona[/name]. It is from [name]Eleanor[/name]. I hardly remember a girl a few years older than me when we were kids named [name]Lenore[/name]. [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lenore[/name], [name]Lenora[/name], or [name]Leonora[/name]. Maybe [name]Leah[/name], another totally unrelated name. The L names after [name]Eloise[/name] do seem a little hard to pick up but not that bad if you are honoring a family member.

For [name]John[/name], there is [name]Jane[/name] - there is a whole list of international variations of [name]Jane[/name]. Not all of them are fantastic, but some of them are cute. Try some with [name]Eloise[/name].
Look up [name]Jane[/name] for some or check out this page: https://nameberry.com/list/46/[name]Janes[/name]-International-Variations

For [name]Mary[/name] - so many variants listed under [name]Mary[/name] or the international variations found here as well:
https://nameberry.com/list/63/[name]Marys[/name]-International-Variations

I don’t want to even make any suggestions, a lot of them are cool and unusual, but some of them may be too exotic or not exotic enough. Peek over the lists and see if any make an impression, let us know, we’ll all sort it out.

For [name]Rose[/name] - [name]Rose[/name] by itself [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rose[/name] looks like a visual rhyme. Many good names begin or end with [name]Rose[/name] that might work or you could mash two names together in the same way that [name]Rosemary[/name] is a compound of two names. It is hard to say [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rose[/name], the tongue has to twist ees-ose in the opposite way immediately. I really love the name [name]Eloise[/name]! It is recently my #1 pick.

For [name]Edward[/name] - I don’t think so. Feminizations of this name are kind of weird. Names that begin with [name]Ed[/name]- are mostly awkward. [name]Edith[/name], I suppose is becoming somewhat popular here, secretly old-fashioned elegant, I think it’s kind of still bad right now. [name]Eden[/name] is religious (if that’s a pro or con factor for you) and maybe pretty but also sounds like eaten. It might be good or bad imagery for you. At the risk of losing the opportunity, I would “save” the honor to [name]Edward[/name] for some other baby.

My daughter was supposed to be [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] which I loved. However, the ultrasounds (3 of them) were wrong and instead I have a son…[name]Henry[/name] [name]Christian[/name].

Also would love [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] as well. That would be unique and stick with the French sound of the name.

lol - yes, i should devote a little time to picking a boys name just in case, shouldn’t i!?

i really like a variant of [name]Mary[/name] ([name]Marielle[/name], etc). I wish [name]Jane[/name] worked, because I love that name. You’ve all lead me to some great places, can’t thank you enough for your thoughts!

[name]Hi[/name], I love the name you picked!!
Here are some I played with, it was kindof fun…lol…some maybe a stretch
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rosalee[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Johnna[/name]… [name]German[/name], girl version of [name]John[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Jolene[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Noel[/name]… Yours is my FAV it’s very clever and sounds pretty!
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Eden[/name]…
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Edie[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Leah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Leah[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] Rolena
Elosise [name]Lena[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lena[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Good luck to you : )

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]! :slight_smile: I really love [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]. Have you thought about using the [name]Rose[/name]?

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] Rosamel come to mind.

What about [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], or [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marcheline[/name]?

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

hmm, you know, i think i was on the right track with [name]Noel[/name] - but i was assuming it would be pronounced ‘noelle’, so instead of take the risk i’ll just go with [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. my only reservation with this is that they’re very similar (elle, elle).

I actually think [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is beautiful! I don’t think the elle repetition in this name is too much, actually. Great choice. :slight_smile: