Help Please! Challenging sibling name!

Hello Everyone!

I am due in [name]September[/name] with baby #3, a little girl. Our other 2 children have uncommon/different first names with more traditional middles~ Koston [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Nella[/name] [name]Annaliese[/name]. We arent looking to match names so to speak but would like to continue with a flow. However we are having some problems- Hubby and I are rarely on the same page this time, we dont [name]LOVE[/name] many girl names (guess we’re finicky), and the other kids middles are after loved ones passed and we are just out of inspiration there. Lastly our surname is House which I have found does not go well with a lot of names. :-/

Names I like: [name]Sunday[/name], [name]Adley[/name], [name]Auden[/name], [name]Maris[/name], [name]Ainsley[/name], [name]Emery[/name] (Hubby really doesnt like/love any of these besides [name]Ainsley[/name])
Names Hubby likes: [name]Ellie[/name] (I like this ok but its very popular which I dont love), [name]Reagan[/name] (I dont like at all), [name]Ainsley[/name], [name]Pearl[/name] (possible middle but isnt after anyone)
Boy Names we both liked: [name]Jens[/name], [name]Jensen[/name], [name]Ronan[/name], [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Dalton[/name]

Any ideas, suggestions or input is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

[name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (or [name]Maree[/name])

If you want the middle to be from someone in the family that has passed, just looked a little further back into the tree. :slight_smile:

Thanks! The middle doesn’t have to be, the other two were very special to us. I just feel like it would be nice to continue with some kind of meaning instead of just random. But there aren’t really any special situations left. Haha hope that makes sense. If it were a boy i wanted to incorporate [name]John[/name] somehow (probably with jens) as my dad is [name]John[/name], husband is [name]Jon[/name] and Im [name]Jonna[/name]. But Im out of luck there now. Name berry has lead me to like [name]Ainsley[/name] slightly less but it’s about all we agree on. ::sigh:: :slight_smile:

Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to Nameberry! From your list, I like [name]Sunday[/name], [name]Maris[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]. With a one-syllable surname, I would go with something longer. Also, [name]Nella[/name] is pretty feminine so I’m not liking a unisex name like [name]Ainsley[/name], [name]Emery[/name] or [name]Reagan[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] is too close to [name]Nella[/name]. Here are some suggestions.

Koston [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Nella[/name] [name]Annaliese[/name] and sister…

[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Amy[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Grania[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]/[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Jessamy[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Carina[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Idony[/name]

W/Koston & [name]Nella[/name] I think [name]Sunday[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name] would go best. Some other ideas:

[name]Aletha[/name]
Alinda
[name]Claribel[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Dagmar[/name]
[name]Delta[/name]
[name]Eudora[/name]
[name]Florine[/name]
[name]Frida[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Izora[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Letta[/name]
[name]Loma[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Minda[/name]
[name]Netta[/name]
[name]Nigella[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]Roma[/name]
[name]Sabra[/name]
[name]Sibyl[/name]
[name]Signy[/name]
[name]Tekla[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Zita[/name]

Thanks ladies! I love love [name]Sunday[/name] but Hubby doesn’t :frowning: also feel like maybe [name]Sunday[/name] House sounds a bit like the name of a church group or something? To me [name]Ainsley[/name] is all girl (I know it’s traditionally not but I can’t see it on a boy in my mind). I appreciate the other name suggestions but sadly I don’t like hardly any girl names. Not sure what’s wrong with me! This is why it’s a challenge!

I think pairing any English surname type name or word name with House is going to make it sound like a bed n breakfast or organization. [name]Ainsley[/name] House sounds a bit like a bed n breakfast to me. [name]Ainsley[/name] is ok, but (I don’t mean to sound vulgar), it has always reminded me somewhat of anus. Maybe that’s just me. I also think its a bit mismatched with [name]Nella[/name], which is decidedly feminine and old fashioned while [name]Ainsley[/name] is more modern and unisex. These are all just my opinions and it sounds like you really like [name]Ainsley[/name], so you should just go with what you love.

I like [name]Sunday[/name] a lot, but I know what you mean about pairing it with House. I also really like [name]Pearl[/name] and think it sounds really pretty with [name]Nella[/name], but [name]Pearl[/name] House does kind sound like a Chinese restaurant or exotic furniture store.

I’m going to give it a shot and suggest other names:

[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Amberly[/name]
[name]Asteria[/name]
[name]Audrina[/name]
[name]Avril[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Nona[/name]
[name]Rita[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Shirley[/name]

Haha, yeah you see what I mean then…there are SO many names that dont work with the last name house! Its frustrating. I have liked [name]Ainsley[/name] for a long time but Im not stuck on it by any means. Its just the only name so far that my Husband and I both equally like. We have been talking names for a long time as we have 2 other kids and I have done tons of looking because I’m a name enthusiast but there is just nothing clicking for us at all. I like plenty of names but I’m searching for that one that just clicks like our others did and also works with our last name. Not easy!

Other ideas:

[name]Affrey[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Astoria[/name]
Dafina
[name]Darian[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
Elita
[name]Embry[/name]
[name]Fallon[/name]
[name]Glynnis[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Heidi[/name]
Holliston
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Kassia[/name]
Kateri
[name]Keeley[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]
[name]Kenzie[/name]
[name]Kismet[/name]
[name]Laken[/name]
[name]Larkin[/name]
Liadan
[name]Lina[/name]
[name]Lula[/name]
[name]Madigan[/name]
[name]Malina[/name]
[name]Melora[/name]
Morrow
[name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Phyllis[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Sheridan[/name]
[name]Tegan[/name]
[name]Tegwen[/name]
Tesla
[name]Tierney[/name]
Winry

We both like [name]Isla[/name] but again just dont love it. I like [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] but the Mr. doesnt. We are hopeless! haha. Despite the fact that [name]Nella[/name] is quite feminine I typically dont love extremely girly names. My style falls a bit more into the offbeat, unisex range for the most part. I can see something more feminine going better with [name]Nella[/name] though. At same time I dont need them to match just have some decent sounding/similar style flow. I know as an adult my name and I stand alone and people arent concerned with my siblings names ([name]Brandi[/name], [name]Brennan[/name] and [name]Jonna[/name]).

With Koston and [name]Nella[/name], I agree about a feminine name. [name]Ainsley[/name] works pretty well! I agree that it has become much more feminine over the years, and with a really girly middle like [name]Pearl[/name], I think that it’s really sweet! And it’s great that you agree on it… [name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] :slight_smile: I also like [name]Maris[/name], but I don’t care for [name]Maris[/name] House (the repeated S sounds at the end irk me, as they would in [name]Jens[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] House…but maybe that’s me). What about [name]Maren[/name]/Merrin, [name]Marielle[/name], [name]Maret[/name]/[name]Marit[/name]/[name]Merritt[/name], [name]Meryl[/name], or [name]Marine[/name]/a? [name]Pearl[/name] as a first name would be a great addition, too!

I like the nickname [name]Ellie[/name], but I agree with a pp that it–and most names that could prompt it–are far too close to [name]Nella[/name]. I do think that a [name]Sunday[/name] House sounds like a place of worship… And the rest–[name]Auden[/name], [name]Reagan[/name], [name]Adley[/name], etc.–do seem on the trendy, masculine side (esp. [name]Reagan[/name]).

Other ideas (I tried to find some feminine, clean/fresh names with a more unisex vibe) for Koston and [name]Nella[/name]'s sister…
[name]Manon[/name] (a little like [name]Maris[/name])
[name]Avalon[/name] (nn [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Val[/name])
[name]Larkin[/name] (nn [name]Lark[/name])
[name]Cambria[/name] or [name]Cambrie[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name] (either Ahr-ee-[name]EL[/name] or [name]AIR[/name]-ee-el)
[name]Linnet[/name] ([name]LIN[/name]-et)
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Amoret[/name] ([name]Amy[/name], [name]Mia[/name], or [name]Mora[/name])
[name]Clia[/name] or [name]Clio[/name]
[name]Audra[/name] (little more feminine than [name]Auden[/name])
[name]Vivia[/name]
[name]Aislinn[/name] ([name]ASH[/name]-linn)
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Lissa[/name]/[name]Lyssa[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Junia[/name] or [name]Juniper[/name] (nn [name]June[/name] or [name]Junie[/name])
[name]Lyra[/name] or [name]Lyric[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Keeley[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Starling[/name]
[name]Talitha[/name] ([name]Tali[/name] or [name]Lia[/name])

[name]Hope[/name] one of those sticks, inspires something else, or makes you feel more drawn to your own list!

[name]EDIT[/name]: Sorry, didn’t see the additions you and other posters had made to the thread! Might not be as pertinent now haha.

I love [name]Auden[/name]!

[name]Just[/name] for kicks, I went through an online database of various surnames that might work as first names. [name]Don[/name]'t know if anything will click, but I had fun doing this anyway :slight_smile: I also added some non surname type names that came to mind. Elowen suddenly popped in my head. Its Cornish and means ‘elm tree’, a nice alternative to [name]Ellie[/name] perhaps?

Abelen
Abney
[name]Adair[/name]
Adden
Allaway
Antonise
Aperlo
Appelo
Arissen
[name]Audley[/name]

[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Bellerose[/name]
[name]Bergen[/name]
[name]Beryl[/name]
[name]Bevan[/name]
[name]Beverly[/name]
Bissette
Blanchet
Bonnet
Bordelon
Breen
[name]Brighton[/name]
[name]Bristol[/name]
[name]Britton[/name]
[name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Burgundy[/name]

[name]Carey[/name]
[name]Carmen[/name]
Carmody
[name]Caron[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
Chastain
[name]Cleary[/name]
Cloet
Coolen
[name]Connolly[/name]
[name]Corcoran[/name]
[name]Cor[/name]

[name]Dabney[/name]
[name]Dagny[/name]
[name]Daley[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
Darlington
[name]Darrow[/name]
Daubney
Daugherty
Dehaven
Desrosier
Devereux
[name]Devlin[/name]
[name]Donnelly[/name]
Drees
Dreesen
[name]Duffy[/name]

[name]Eden[/name]
Everill

Fannon
[name]Fay[/name]
Flannary
Fontaine

[name]Garnet[/name]
[name]Gelsey[/name]
Gosselin
Greenlee

Hadaway
[name]Harmon[/name]
[name]Hartley[/name]
Hendry
Hepburn
[name]Holland[/name]
Honeysett

Ibbott

[name]Janssen[/name]
[name]Janvier[/name]
Jardine
Jernigan
[name]Jessop[/name]

Kersey
[name]Kimball[/name]
[name]Kimber[/name]
[name]Kinley[/name]
Klerken

Labelle
[name]Lacey[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
Langlais
[name]Langley[/name]
[name]Laramie[/name]
Leclair
Lemaire
[name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
Lister
[name]Llewellyn[/name]
[name]London[/name]
[name]Lourdes[/name]
[name]Lux[/name]

Maccailin
[name]Mackay[/name]
[name]Macrae[/name]
[name]Malone[/name]
[name]Marley[/name]
[name]Matisse[/name]
[name]Merle[/name]
[name]Merrill[/name]
[name]Merritt[/name]
Michaud
Midgley
Milligan
[name]Monday[/name]
[name]Monet[/name]
Mooren
[name]Moray[/name]
[name]Morven[/name]

Nelissen
[name]Nevin[/name]
[name]Newlyn[/name]

[name]Ormond[/name]

Paddon
[name]Paget[/name]
Pander
[name]Patton[/name]
Pelley
Penner
[name]Penny[/name]
Pender
[name]Perry[/name]
[name]Presley[/name]
Prinsen

[name]Quincy[/name]

[name]Ramsey[/name]
[name]Rider[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
Romijn
[name]Roosevelt[/name]
Rowntree
[name]Rye[/name]

Sadler
[name]Sanna[/name]
Sappington
[name]Saylor[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
Scriven
Scrivner
Seabrooke
[name]Selby[/name]
Seelen
Sharrow
Simonis
[name]Sinclair[/name]
Smedley
Spurling
Starett
[name]Sterling[/name]

[name]Tennison[/name]
[name]Thorn[/name]
Trillum

Varley
[name]Verity[/name]

[name]Wallis[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Weaver[/name]
[name]Westley[/name]
Whinery
[name]Winslow[/name]
[name]Winton[/name]

Thank you for all the thought and ideas!

I agree [name]Maris[/name] House doesn’t sound great together. Nothing I like does it seems. Im not a fan of [name]Reagan[/name] at all but wanted to give an idea of the names my husband likes as well. I’m also in agreement about [name]Ellie[/name] though we would use it on its own. We aren’t big nickname people and call both Koston and nella by their given names.

From your list:
Originally I thought aislinn was ace-linn and really liked that. Is that an actual name? [name]Aislinn[/name] ash-lynn is ok for me but I really dislike [name]Ashley[/name].
[name]Arden[/name] is ok. Husband feels its masculine sounding or sounds like a place.

Since [name]Nella[/name] is a very old yet uncommon name maybe there is something more alone those lines [name]Ive[/name] missed??

Thanks again!!

Wow thank you for the huge list! I did browse them but will look over them more in depth when my kids arent jumping on me :slight_smile: Thanks again!

Here are more unique surname names:

Acosta
Adesi
Adler
Affini
[name]Aiza[/name]
Alamilla
[name]Alessi[/name]
[name]Amador[/name]
[name]Araya[/name]
Arce (Spanish for maple tree)
Aritza
Avana
Avila
[name]Berlin[/name]
Blum
[name]Brie[/name]
Cardona
[name]Dresden[/name]
Esser
[name]Flores[/name]
Losa
[name]Mabyn[/name]
Maradona
[name]Mata[/name]
[name]Mesa[/name]
Monette
[name]Quintana[/name]
[name]Rana[/name]
Rendon
Rivera
[name]Roldan[/name]
Sandoval
Santillian
[name]Sierra[/name]
[name]Silva[/name]
[name]Torrence[/name]
Tremblay
Varela
[name]Vega[/name]
[name]Vela[/name]
Viteri

I love [name]Pearl[/name]…
I am not sure I can be much help, but the first name I thought of with [name]Nella[/name] was [name]Juno[/name] - I think they are both similar style… good luck - I find picking girls names that I love, from lists that I like, difficult too…

[name]Mabyn[/name] is different, I like it. [name]Kinda[/name] throws me off that the actual meaning is “boy” though. Grrr this stinks!

I have never heard the “boy” theory. Most sources I’ve checked says it means “youth.”

There was a [name]Lindsey[/name] House in my school. Never knew her middle name.