help please

my husband and i recently decided on [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Mae[/name], for our next daughter. However im starting to have doubts…all i can think of is the actress caroline rae, who played the goofy aunt on sabrina the teenage witch. I dont know why its bothering me as muc as it is. I like the name [name]Carolina[/name], but (and this is a fear i have with both [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name]) we live in [name]North[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] and i fear that she would be made fun of since she would have basically if not the exact name of the state. I mainly like the name so much but i like the nn [name]Calla[/name]. Any other names with the nn [name]Calla[/name]? please help! Thanks!

My friends daughter is a [name]Caroline[/name] and her nickname is [name]Callie[/name]. I think [name]Calla[/name] is a pretty nickname fore [name]Caroline[/name] (which I prefer over [name]Carolina[/name])

Best of [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Calista[/name] and [name]Calandra[/name] both can have the nn [name]Calla[/name].

Ooh, I love Callandra!
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is beautiful but I can see your concern with [name]Carolina[/name]. Why not use [name]Calla[/name] as the full name? I think it’s strong enough, especially with the lily association.
Good luck, but I think [name]Calla[/name], Callandra and [name]Caroline[/name] are all beautiful options. I also like [name]Calista[/name], but not quite as much.

I love [name]Caroline[/name], but if I lived in one of the Carolinas, I think I’d pick something else. [name]Love[/name] [name]Calandra[/name] nn [name]Calla[/name]! [name]Callista[/name] is so pretty, too! [name]Love[/name] nn [name]Callie[/name].

I’ve got a question: Is everyone pronouncing [name]Calla[/name] “cal-uh” as in [name]California[/name] or “col-uh” rhyming with “holla”? I prefer the “al” pronounciation vs. the “all” pronounciation.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] (it is my name).

I think [name]Calandra[/name] is so pretty but it wouldn’t work here in Australia because we have the town of Caloundra.

I agree [name]Carolina[/name] in Sth or Nth [name]Carolina[/name] may be as a first name too matchy. [name]Shame[/name] though.

Why not just go with [name]Caroline[/name] as the fn but use the nn of [name]Calla[/name] or [name]Callie[/name] and then the connection with the state won’t be so obvious? If you ever move state you can then be [name]Caroline[/name] no worries.

At the end of the day if you love [name]Caroline[/name] enough use it.

If you love [name]Calla[/name], I think that [name]Calla[/name] would make a gorgeous first name. It may be stretching it, but I think that [name]Claudia[/name] could be another potential source of [name]Calla[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

JustThinkin: I’ve always pronounced [name]Calla[/name] like [name]Cal[/name]-luh (your [name]California[/name] example). I wanted to make sure, though, so I checked on Merriam-[name]Webster[/name]'s online audio-pronunciation site, and it’s [name]Cal[/name]-luh there, too. :slight_smile:

I hope school is going well for you so far!