HELP please!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Snow[/name] as a middle name! This is the coolest (he he) up and coming mn! But I like [name]Scout[/name] a lot too. And I like the combo of [name]Scout[/name] with the fns you are considering. I think your bf has great ideas about baby names, and [name]Jericho[/name] [name]Danger[/name] is, if anything, too cool! I think it is name a kid would love to have, for what that is worth.

I do think –
The only problem with using [name]Snow[/name] is that is rhymes with your last name. That isn’t end of the world, but you might want to keep saying it over to see if you like that internal rhyme or it is too cutesy for you.
I think [name]Scout[/name] is working in the middle, but only if coupled with a girly-girl fn. I like [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Scout[/name], and I like Tallalah [name]Scout[/name] – HUGELY. But I’m not as sold on [name]Freya[/name] [name]Scout[/name]. Maybe. If you both like it. But with [name]Freya[/name] I agree, I like [name]Freya[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] much better. This might be a place to compromise? [name]How[/name] about [name]Freya[/name] [name]Snow[/name] Marinaccio.

amanda…i don’t know if you’ve seen any of the threads i’ve posted, but i’m PRETTY sure my husband and your b/f are the EXACT same person. seriously…he tells me the same exact thing: “quit obsessing. you’re taking this way too seriously” blah, blah, blah, then he vetoes every one of my suggestions but never offers his own, because he says there “aren’t any good names out there” (except [name]Madeleine[/name], which he cannot get over, and other “choice” names he liked off the top 500 from the SS website such as [name]Braelyn[/name], [name]Kyleigh[/name], [name]Khloe[/name], and [name]Madison[/name]). he also told me he thought cecilia sounded like a “black mexican lady.” wtf?! i would have been laughing my ass off at your posts, if only i didn’t know how desperate and frustrated you must be feeling!

i don’t really have any name suggestions, purely because i know you’ll bring them up to him and he’ll probably just shoot them down anyway. i just wanted to offer support and let you know there is another difficult male out there. :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway, lemon had a really good suggestion for me: buy 2 copies of a name book like “beyond ava and aiden”, a pack of highlighters, and tell him to highlight the names he would SERIOUSLY consider for his daughter. then you can both go through the other’s highlighted names and mark the ones you seriously hate, which will HOPEFULLY leave a few that both of you agree on. (i would have done this if he hadn’t told me he’d rather be home for a week with the stomach flu than talk about names ever again.)

i was also going to ask, do you plan on marring him/staying with him? i hope this doesn’t sound too old-school or conservative or anything, but if you don’t plan on spending the rest of your lives with him, i’d name her what YOU want. i’d hate to see you name her something you’re just “ok” with and then split up with him in like a year and have her name be something you’ll regret.

i do think willow scout marinaccio is cute, for what it’s worth.

Oh I am so so so sorry your boyfriend is being so difficult! My husband is very similar, but ONLY with boys names! So i can understand the frustration in saying ‘What about ______? I think it’s really handsom/pretty’ and him coming back with ‘No that sounds like a black guy that works at rite aid’ wtf? what doe sthat even mean? lol. But i have gotten used to it, and luckily we have managed to agree on some names for future children ( we are not expecting and have no children yet-recently stopped ttc) however talking about names becomes a chore, especially when you like a name alot and he nix’s it right away, after absolutly no thought, and makes the "its stupid’ or ‘it sounds like a dogs name’ thing. And then asking to find some, and of course ‘there are no good names’ blah blah blah! So i am reaaallly sorry that you have a difficult boyfriend.

One person suggested making and suggesting horrible names and then go back to the names you like. No i will say, this is treading in dangerous waters, i tried this once, i said choose between (these wernt the real choices jsut what i thought of) [name]Helena[/name] (my choice) and [name]Nevaeh[/name] (bad choice) and he turned around and said ‘oh i really like [name]Nevaeh[/name]’ cringe and die were my exact thoughts. So i say be very careful in playing the bad vs. good name game.

I think the best thing i have been able to find when it comes down to suggestions for names, is to make a list of full names, list first middle and last and list all of your favorite names and have him read it, sometimes i put the meaning of the names next to it as well. However, i know everyone is syaing to do it, but if you plan on being with this man forever or for at least a long time, do not ever say ‘im just going to name her then’ i made this mistake once and my husband was surprisingly furious for someone i though didnt care at all about names. And i think it really hurt his feelings, even though it hurt my feelings everytime he straight said no to a name, i realized it wasnt much diffrent for me to just say ok then you dont get to name your child. sorry.

In reality the only thing to really do is try and talk to him, and tell him that your not obsessing your just trying to give your daughter a name both of you can be happy about but that you need him to at least try to think about a name, maybe read some comments about names or do something that way he can at least try and warm up to a name and if he still doesnt like it then ok. But that it would help you out with not being so ‘obsessive’ if he would try. Now i will say, it seems as though [name]Alice[/name] (unfortunatly as it is a absolutly beatiful name!) may be a lost cause, because trust me, frustrating him to the point of 'FINE! NAME HER WHATEVER YOU WANT I DONT CARE!" Doesnt feel as good as you ever think it will. It actually makes you feel bad. Trying to work with him, as well as making him try to work with you, is the best way to do it.

Good [name]Luck[/name]! I hope it helped a bit :slight_smile:

I’m sorry your boyfriend is being a pain. I never realized how lucky I was to have a boyfriend with such good taste in names until I came to this board. It seems like a lot of women have similar problems with their partners. I think men just dont care about finding the perfect name as much as we do.

If worse comes to worse I would make a list of 10-15 names that you would be okay with having and then give it to him and tell him “Our daughters name is going to be one of these!” Then see which one he likes. When his options are limited he will likely be more willing to pick one he likes.

Here are some suggestions you both might like:
[name]Audra[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]

I just went looking for your posts about your husband, and I think that you’re possibly correct and we share the same man. Lol.

I don’t think he’ll go through a book about names. He’s too sick of names. I asked him on an opinion on a name just before, and he jokingly said “what about [name]Mildred[/name] [name]Myrtle[/name] Marinaccio, so we could call her Emineminem.”

Yes, we are planning to stay together and we’re going to get married. I don’t want to name the baby something he’ll hate.

Thanks for the opinion on [name]Willow[/name] [name]Scout[/name]. We might use it. I’m just afraid that [name]Willow[/name] is a name that doesn’t quite “fit” alot of personalities. It’s not bad though.

Good idea about compromising with a middle name. I also like [name]Snow[/name] as a middle name. It seems a little bit more feminine than [name]Scout[/name]. I’ll ask bf about [name]Freya[/name] [name]Snow[/name]. It sounds pretty to me.

I love [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Zinnia[/name].
Here’s what bf says about both names:
[name]Delilah[/name]: “but she was mean”
[name]Zinnia[/name]: “sounds like Zany”

Was it you or he that liked the middle name [name]Allegra[/name]? I really like that, and it seems like one that could go on both of your lists.

My husband was really into out there names ([name]Jericho[/name] [name]Danger[/name] might have been on his list), but when it came down to the wire, he suddenly lost his nerve and only proposed very conservative names. I wonder if, when your boyfriend realizes that this is a real baby coming, he will change his tune a bit?

Good luck! If it comes down to compromise, [name]Willow[/name] is nice.

[name]Hi[/name] I saw that he liked the name snow as a middle name and wanted to know what you thought of the name [name]Eira[/name] which means [name]Snow[/name]?
Also since you seem to like classic names and he is a little more out there what about:
[name]Esther[/name] Kiella
[name]Eleri[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Thisbe[/name] [name]Jewel[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Eira[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] I helped a lil :smiley:

I’m all for both of them LOVING the name, obviously. But really? [name]Just[/name] because they aren’t married doesn’t make him any less the father. It’s his baby too, he deserves a say in her name. And he has “opted for boyfriend status”? We have no idea the details of their relationship. I’m honestly baffled that you can think it’s okay to disregard his opinions just because they aren’t married.

Anyway. What a tough situation, I actually love both of your names! One of my husband’s early choices for our son was [name]Jameson[/name] [name]Danger[/name], the comment everyone gave was “I really like [name]Jameson[/name]”, lol. During that time, the only middle name for a girl he would entertain was Peach. Your bf might like that, but you probably don’t! I love both [name]Snow[/name] and [name]Scout[/name] as middle names. And i wouldn’t worry about [name]Scout[/name] being a tomboy name, it’s in the middle. Oh! My fave [name]Snow[/name] combo is [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Snow[/name]… do you like that?

You had asked what name we’d pick with your last name. Well, if that was my last name and I was really Italian (instead of the one eight I actually am!) I would use the name [name]Chiara[/name]. I think that’s one of the coolest names out there. I think it would come across as ultra hip in [name]America[/name], but with a vintage Italian vibe that grounds it. I think [name]Chiara[/name] [name]Snow[/name] is so beautiful.

A rather random assortment:
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
Pomeline
[name]Apolline[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Cameo[/name]
[name]Dove[/name]
[name]Celestia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
Leisl
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Daire[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Jessamy[/name]
[name]Suzette[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]/[name]Willamina[/name] (similar to [name]Willow[/name] but with a vintage vibe?)
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] (one of my husbands favorites nn [name]Dotty[/name])
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Perpetua[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]

I’m just going to throw some names at ya’ for consideration, based on what you’ve mentioned you 2 like:

• [name]Alia[/name]
  • [name]Sylvia[/name]
  • [name]Louella[/name] (or [name]Luella[/name])
  • [name]Lia[/name] (I think this spelling of ‘[name]Leah[/name]’ looks better with your last name)
  • [name]Astrid[/name] (or [name]Astrud[/name])
  • [name]Gia[/name] (it’s a shortened version from ‘[name]Gianna[/name]’, looks nice with your last name as well!).
    Best,
    [name]Leslie[/name]