Help, please! :)

We’re expecting our first baby and we’re having some serious trouble narrowing down the list. We settled on [name]Norah[/name] [name]Mae[/name] for a girl right away, but now that we know it’s a boy, our list seems to keep getting longer. Right now, we’re considering:

[name]Nile[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]

We’ll use either [name]Jacob[/name] or [name]Thomas[/name] as a middle name.

What do you think? Additional suggestions are welcome, too!

[name]Nile[/name] – NMS, but its cool
[name]Elliott[/name] – I like this name, but I wonder how it is for boys now with [name]Ellie[/name] names being a big trend for girls.
[name]Titus[/name] – I like the concept of this name, but it would probably work best as a middle
[name]Amos[/name] – Same as above
[name]Rowan[/name] – I prefer [name]Roan[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] – NMS, but it has a nice sound.

Sorry, to potentially add to your long list, but here are some other ideas:
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Boaz[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]

For combos, I like:
[name]Roan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Nile[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]

I like [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] (prefer this spelling) and [name]Nile[/name] (although I would use the more Gaelic/Irish [name]Niall[/name] spelling) the best! For combos, I love [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] (and [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]! They’re both very nice), [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Jacob[/name], and [name]Niall[/name] [name]Thomas[/name].

Have you considered [name]August[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], and [name]Felix[/name]? I think they would fit in well with the names on your short list.

Thanks so much for the responses! We’re totally open to new suggestions! :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Archer[/name]. I’m not so keen on the others.

You might also like: [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Roman[/name] or [name]Asher[/name].

[name]Nile[/name] - I’ve only ever heard of [name]Niles[/name], and it sounds like a British butler to me…
[name]Elliott[/name] - meh, not my favorite
[name]Titus[/name] - I like it a lot! but I’ve heard people say the connection to tight-ass bothers them. I think [name]Silas[/name] is a good option.
[name]Amos[/name] - I love this name! Also, [name]Otis[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Joel[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] - I like it, I’ve never met anyone with this name but it’s pleasant sounding.
[name]Archer[/name] - meh, it’s okay, I’m not big on surname firsts

My favorites:
[name]Amos[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Titus[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]

[name]Nile[/name]- I want to say [name]Niles[/name], instead. It’s ok. A friend named her son [name]Niles[/name] recently, but other than that I don’t think I’ve ever heard the name other than on tv (and usually the character is a butler, or snooty guy).
[name]Elliott[/name]- love! [name]Eli[/name] is a cute nn for this, if you’re looking for a nn.
[name]Titus[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name], but I’m a little biased since this is my DS’s name!! Sometimes we call him [name]Ty[/name], but 99% of the time it’s [name]Titus[/name]. A few people thought we were crazy when we named him, but we get a lot of compliments.
[name]Amos[/name]- my only negative on this name is that if you like [name]Norah[/name] for a sister, [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Amos[/name] remind me of [name]Tori[/name] [name]Amos[/name] the singer. [name]Just[/name] a thought.
[name]Rowan[/name]- I think I prefer [name]Roman[/name].
[name]Archer[/name]- love this, too. especially with [name]Archie[/name] as a nn.

Other ideas: [name]Graham[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Grant[/name], [name]Grady[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Evan[/name], [name]Dean[/name], [name]Caleb[/name]. I like the suggestions of [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name], too.

Good luck!

[name]Nile[/name] - I agree with ashthedreamer and much prefer it spelled [name]Niall[/name] (it’s pronounced the same way)
[name]Elliott[/name] - very cute name, I feel like it’s getting more popular based on how many times people mention it on here, but it’s a solid name in my opinion
[name]Titus[/name] - I’m not a fan of this one.
[name]Amos[/name] - not my style.
[name]Rowan[/name] - Used for both boys and girls - I personally love it on boys. You could always use the spelling [name]Roan[/name] but people may mispronounce it then.
[name]Archer[/name] - I love this one!

I think [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] both sound great! I also like [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Jacob[/name].