Help please!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

My paternal grandmother who is eighty-seven years-old was diagnosed with renal failure two days. We’ve been taking turns at the hospital, so I am off my shift. Tomorrow we’ll be going back to have our final Christmas with her, before she slips into a comatose state and passes away. My [name_f]Nanna[/name_f]'s name is [name_u]Merle[/name_u] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f], she was supposed to be [name_f]Meryl[/name_f]; but her father spelt it wrong on the birth certificate in 1927. She’s born in [name_f]March[/name_f] so her birth stone is an aquamarine and she was a talented seamstress.

I am not pregnant nor will I be any time soon; but I’d like to honour her one day if I can. She taught me so much and told me so many terrific stories, this was completely unexpected. The only name we ever discussed was [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], which she liked. I’ve also considered [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (her late mother’s middle name, who passed when she was a child) and [name_f]Raina[/name_f] ([name_f]Reyna[/name_f]? [name_f]Rayna[/name_f]? Reina?) Since [name_f]Nan[/name_f]'s middle name is [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] and my late paternal grandfather (her husband’s) name was [name_m]Wray[/name_m].

Honestly, I just need some time to focus on something else, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear your news!

I think [name_f]Raina[/name_f] (prefer the [name_f]Reina[/name_f]) spelling would be fabulous!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] trying to think of similar names; [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]? [name_f]Maren[/name_f]? [name_f]Maris[/name_f]? [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_u]Loren[/name_u]? [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]? [name_f]Elena[/name_f]? [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]?

Possible boy ideas; [name_m]Merlin[/name_m], [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]?

I was thinking [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], you could even use the spelling [name_f]Perle[/name_f] (I do prefer [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] though) to make it closer to [name_u]Merle[/name_u]. [name_f]Raina[/name_f] is pretty a nice way to honour her.

Why not use [name_f]Meryl[/name_f]? Very lovely. I like worlds better than [name_f]Raina[/name_f] or [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. I so really like [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] as well, but [name_f]Meryl[/name_f] gets my vote!

[name_f]Raina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Meryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]

[name_f]Raina[/name_f] [name_u]Merle[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_f]Meryl[/name_f]

I really like [name_f]Meryl[/name_f] and [name_u]Merle[/name_u], I’d use one of those. And maybe [name_m]Merlin[/name_m] for a boy? Or possibly [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] or [name_u]Merrill[/name_u].

There’s many lovely diminutives of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] that share the same meaning of ‘[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]’ which you might consider. My favourites are:

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f]

Wishing you peace [name_u]Jess[/name_u].

I am a fan of [name_f]Meryl[/name_f], whether as a first or as a middle name.

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] or [name_f]Marine[/name_f] could be a name to incorporate her birth month and birthstone, aquamarine.

[name_f]Raina[/name_f] is nice as a first name. It has a more modern feel.

[name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] has a melodic sound that I quite like. The nick name [name_f]Lory[/name_f] is great too. [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] could be similar as someone else said. [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] is also similar.

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] is sweet but has a very nick namely feel that is hard to escape.

[name_u]Wren[/name_u] could be a lovely homage as a first name although I like [name_m]Wray[/name_m] itself as a middle for a girl or for a boy.

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is also more of a middle name to my ears. [name_f]Perla[/name_f] perhaps as a first name?

[name_f]Raina[/name_f] [name_f]Marine[/name_f]

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

[name_f]Perla[/name_f] [name_m]Wray[/name_m]

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]

[name_f]Pearla[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Raine[/name_f]

Anything appeal?