Help please

Alright, so two things here.

1. Alright, I promised my friend I’d help her name a character in one of her books. The main character is named [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], and I’m having trouble thinking of a sister for her. Any ideas? Names she likes but can’t use: [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]. Preferably something that doesn’t start with B. She would prefer unique, but not unheard of names i.e [name_u]River[/name_u]. Thank you!

2. I’ve fallen in love with the name [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]. Is it usable for a girl book character? Any ideas for an nn?
    Thank you!

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] give off the same vibe as [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]. At least to me. But if I do something more unique, I’d say maybe [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Anaise[/name_f], [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], or [name_f]Antonella[/name_f]. It also depends on the personality of the sister.

I love [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]! It’s perfectly usable. Since it’s already only two syllables I can’t think of any direct nicknames. I think if I really wanted to give her a nn I’d probably do one that’s unrelated to her given name, something with more of a backstory to something she did as a kid maybe. Or something related to the fact that it’s a bird name? All that comes to mind is [name_f]Birdie[/name_f].

1 Like

Hmmmmm…[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] and [name_u]Halle[/name_u]/Hallie, [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] (seconded from @AerieEerie), [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], or maybe [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] and [name_f]Vienna[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] and Jessalie, [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] and [name_f]Gina[/name_f], and [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f].

I have characters(both girls, though I do LOVE these names for boys) named [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] “[name_u]Perry[/name_u]”(in the same book). So they are usable, at least in my mind! :smiley: my ideas for nicknames are: [name_u]Arrow[/name_u] and [name_u]Perry[/name_u].

1 Like