Help pls - 3 weeks to go and feeling a bit stale.

[name]Hi[/name] Berries.

We’re 3 weeks away from our first bubby…and we’re stuck for names. Here’s our short list, any opinions welcome. I like them all, but haven’t found one we love love love…We’re looking feminine but not too common names…

[name]Lila[/name] - was our top pick, but already know two people who called their new bubs [name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] - concerned it sounds made up?
[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Eve[/name]- love it, but don’t want another [name]Bella[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] - but feels like an older person name…
[name]Clementine[/name] - but really really dislike [name]Clem[/name] as a n/n
[name]Caroline[/name]/[name]Emmeline[/name] - love the feel, but want something that 's a bit more spunky…
[name]Poppy[/name]

I also love names like [name]Autumn[/name], [name]January[/name], [name]Anais[/name] - but wonder if they’re a bit out there.

All opinions/alternative suggestions welcome.

Thanks!
[name]Camilla[/name]

[name]Carolina[/name] always seemed a bit more ‘spunky’ to me than [name]Caroline[/name]…
I also love [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Emaline[/name], [name]January[/name], & [name]Anais[/name].

If you like [name]Clementine[/name], other possible nn are [name]Em[/name]/Emm, [name]Emmy[/name]/[name]Emmie[/name]/[name]Emme[/name], [name]Clemmy[/name]/[name]Clemmie[/name], [name]Lemmy[/name]/[name]Lemmie[/name], [name]Lem[/name], [name]Tiny[/name], [name]Tina[/name] and [name]Cleo[/name]. Especially like [name]Em[/name] or [name]Emme[/name] and [name]Cleo[/name].

Suggestions:
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] nn. [name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name] nn. [name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] nn. [name]Ginny[/name], [name]Vi[/name], [name]Vivi[/name] or just V
[name]Penelope[/name] nn. [name]Penny[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name] nn. [name]Mona[/name] or [name]Romy[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]/[name]Willow[/name]

Also, since your top pick was [name]Lila[/name], what about [name]Lilia[/name] or [name]Lilith[/name]?

I really like [name]Cleo[/name] for [name]Clementine[/name]! That’s great. Except how does one enforce that…Actually my name is [name]Camilla[/name], but my parents always called me [name]Kim[/name] and I swore I wouldn’t do that to my kid…except now…lol, Im sorely tempted!

I think [name]Coraline[/name] is spunkier than [name]Caroline[/name], then you also get the nicknames [name]Cora[/name], [name]Coral[/name], [name]Corie[/name], and [name]Coco[/name]. :slight_smile:

Well there is no way to “enforce” it…but once she is born if you are calling her [name]Cleo[/name], my bet it most will follow suit. Especially once she starts school, if you, or she, tell her teacher that she goes by [name]Cleo[/name] (which is certainly easier to say and remember for small children) then I suppose that is one way of enforcing it. There will always be those select few who decided to come up with their own nickname for her…but that happens with any name.

You could just go with [name]Cleo[/name]. It’s spunkier than [name]Clementine[/name]. It’s an easier name for a kid to learn to spell. It’s a nice, fresh alternative to the super popular [name]Chloe[/name]/[name]Khloe[/name] and you won’t have to worry about giving her a nickname!

If you liked [name]Lila[/name] what about [name]Layla[/name], [name]Leila[/name], [name]Laura[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Lily[/name]/[name]Lilly[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name]/[name]Lilianna[/name] or [name]Lucy[/name]? Some other’s you might like:

[name]Molly[/name], [name]Polly[/name], [name]Nancy[/name], [name]Pippa[/name]… all of these names for me are sort of similar to [name]Poppy[/name]

[name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Carabelle[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name] (You can use the nn [name]Mira[/name]/[name]Cara[/name]/[name]Anna[/name] if you don’t want another [name]Bella[/name])

[name]Hope[/name] that helped!

I really like [name]Lyra[/name], I don’t think it sounds made up and it has a beautiful literary reference in The [name]Golden[/name] Compass. I also like [name]Emmeline[/name] and think it has a spunky feel to it.
What about these:

[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]/[name]Coraline[/name]/[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Elaina[/name] - a younger [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Hera[/name] - similar to [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]

What about [name]Lola[/name]? I’m loving that lately…[name]Love[/name] [name]Carolina[/name], or if you decide on [name]Clementine[/name], I love [name]Emme[/name] as a nn!