Help Sort Out Theo's List

Hello!

As many of you may know, my boy name list is perennially a mess and I can never hold onto favorites for very long. And even though these names aren’t for real kiddos, I’d still love to have some semblance of order to them.

Right now, I have six combos that I feel at peace with:

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m]
[name_f]Haven[/name_f] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_f]Sage[/name_f] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Courage[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Worthy[/name_m]

And then I have my lesser favorites – the names that I still adore, but the combos often change and/or their place on my list is more variable:

[name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Valor[/name_m]
[name_m]River[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Wise[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Blessing[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_m]Justice[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_f]Bravely[/name_f]
[name_f]Merit[/name_f] [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Forest[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m]
[name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m]

And the current crushes and/or newest additions:

[name_m]Lennox[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m]
[name_f]Shiloh[/name_f] [name_m]Jude[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_f]Bryn[/name_f] [name_m]Elias[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Revere[/name_m]
[name_m]Will[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_m]Credence[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Harvest[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Emerson[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Fox[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Drummer[/name_m] [name_m]Elias[/name_m]
[name_f]Merit[/name_f] [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Forest[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m]
Candor [name_m]Levi[/name_m]
Brighten [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]

With these lists in mind, which of the new combos would you add to my list? If you have a particular reason and want to share, that would be amazing, but of course that’s not necessary. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to add as many or as few as you want!

Also, a bonus question if anyone feels so inspired: in what order would you place the next eleven names in my top favorites list? (Using the second set of names to add to the first)

Thank you so much, friends!

Much love,

[name_m]Theo[/name_m]

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

I love your list. Reads old-fashioned with some spice to me.

From your current crushes / newest additions, my favourites are:

• [name_m]Lennox[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Revere[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Harvest[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]

However, your top 6 list each of the names have a word name - [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_f]Haven[/name_f], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], [name_f]Sage[/name_f], [name_m]Courage[/name_m], [name_m]Worthy[/name_m]. They are then paired with names I’ve seen on nameberry before, and I would say fit in the familiar - not common or uncommon window.

Following this guideline, I think you could consider adding:

• [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Revere[/name_m] definitely deserves a place on your top list.
  • [name_m]Will[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m] as well (a brother to [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] Worthy?)
  • [name_m]Harvest[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] - this fits your theme well
  • [name_m]Fox[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

A few other thoughts:

• I considered adding [name_m]Drummer[/name_m], Candor & Brighten to the should add to your list list, but I think those words names are a bit more unexpected - if they were in the middle spot, I think that would fit your style better?
  • I just have to say I love the idea of [name_m]Harvest[/name_m] as a first name - I haven’t seen it before but I really like it!!

For your lesser favourites (11 names), I’d rank as follows:

1. [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] - [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] is a long time favourite for me.
  2. [name_m]River[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] - I really like this
  3. [name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_m]Justice[/name_m] - maybe too wordy “you are an able justice of the peace” ? [name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m] may be a better fit.
  4. [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m] - no reason, I just like the top 3 better
  5. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_f]Bravely[/name_f] - Feels a bit long to me, I would prefer [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Brave[/name_m] or [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] Jude/Valor - a short middle name with [name_m]Tobias[/name_m].
  6. [name_m]Forest[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m] - Good, just not my fave.
  7. [name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m] - [name_m]Jude[/name_m] just isn’t to my taste, but it’s a nice combo.
  8. [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Valor[/name_m] - [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] just isn’t to my taste. The 2 syllable - 2 syllable combo feels less well balanced than [name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m].
  9. [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Wise[/name_m] - I love [name_m]Asa[/name_m] in theory, but I feel like I can’t pronounce it right. This combo feels too short / not substantial enough to me, and too “s” heavy.
  10. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Blessing[/name_m] - I just can’t get on board with [name_m]Silas[/name_m], and [name_m]Blessing[/name_m] feels too feminine to me
  11. [name_f]Merit[/name_f] [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] - [name_m]Just[/name_m] don’t love either of these names personally.

Honourable mention: [name_m]Bravery[/name_m]. A very cool name!

1 Like

Of your current crushes/newest additions, my favorites are:
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Revere[/name_m] – this is so very you, and blends perfectly with your other names; a strong biblical name paired with a lovely word-name for a middle!
[name_m]Will[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m] – stunning. I adore this combo, and it spruces up the classic [name_m]Will[/name_m] so nicely
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] – [name_f]Willow[/name_f] on a boy is so handsome and soft and I love it paired with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Credence[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] – I rarely ever hear [name_m]Credence[/name_m], but it’s starting to grow on me, especially with this combo
And, an honorable mention to [name_m]Emerson[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], because it sounds like it could be the name of an author of some insightful novels.
I really think that those combos above deserve a place on your permanent list!
To rank your lesser favorites:

1. [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m] – this is perfection.
  2. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_f]Bravely[/name_f] – I like the 3-syllable/2-syllable pattern, it flows excellently. Plus, I’ve always adored the name [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]!
  3. [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Valor[/name_m] – I love the soft [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] paired with the strength of [name_m]Valor[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Blessing[/name_m] – definitely a lot of “s” sounds, which is why this isn’t ranked higher, but when I ignore that I love the pairing
  5. [name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m] – lovely!
  6. [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] – feels friendly and down-to-earth
  7. [name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_m]Justice[/name_m] – I’ve had a recent crush on [name_m]Abel[/name_m]. this combo could definitely be a little wordy for some, but I don’t mind it
  8. [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Wise[/name_m] – I like this one visually, but when I say it out loud it sounds like “Asa-wise” (like, with respect to Asa…)
  9. [name_m]River[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] – just not my personal favorite
  10. [name_f]Merit[/name_f] [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] – I like [name_f]Merit[/name_f] (but with the Meritt spelling) and I like [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m], but I much prefer [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] Merit… I think it flows better.
  11. [name_m]Forest[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m] – idk why but this combo isn’t standing out to me (also I prefer the [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] spelling). Maybe try [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m], or [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]?
1 Like

I’d keep:

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Revere[/name_m] - powerful but charming and adventurous

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] - blends literary, Biblical, contemporary and classic

[name_f]Shiloh[/name_f] [name_m]Jude[/name_m] - pleasingly gender neutral, gentle, sincere and lovely

[name_m]Harvest[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] - balanced and cool with an outdoorsy feel

[name_m]Credence[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] - powerful and poetic in feel

[name_m]Forest[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m] - love the gentle, calm feel of this, and the adventurous charm

[name_m]Will[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m] - breezy and charming with a very ‘storybook’ feel

Brighten [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] - it’s got a surnamey, placey, wordy feel all at the same time, something literary about it, not that it’s from a book, but as if it is.

(if I could make one tweak, [name_f]Bryn[/name_f] [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] would be so cool)

How I'd order your next top names:
  1. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m]
  2. [name_f]Haven[/name_f] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
  4. [name_f]Sage[/name_f] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
  5. [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Courage[/name_m]
  6. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Worthy[/name_m]
  7. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_f]Bravely[/name_f]
  8. [name_m]Forest[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m]
  9. [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Wise[/name_m]
  10. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Blessing[/name_m]
  11. [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m]