Help! Struggling with boy name...

We’re expecting in a few weeks and don’t know the gender, but are really struggling with the boy name. We already have a [name]Theodore[/name], who goes by [name]Teddy[/name]. We generally like old fashioned, classic names that aren’t so popular today.

Our girl name options are:
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Penny[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Amelia[/name] (nn [name]Millie[/name])
[name]Charlotte[/name] (nn [name]Lottie[/name]) – too popular?

Boy name options are:
[name]George[/name] (I love but my husband doesn’t)
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] (nn [name]Archie[/name]?)
[name]Nathaniel[/name]

Thoughts?

I like [name]Everett[/name]; it is, however, growing in popularity. I know two boys named [name]Everett[/name]. [name]Penelope[/name] is sweet, as are the nn’s.

I love [name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] with [name]Theodore[/name]. [name]Both[/name] boys names are so handsome and [name]Penelope[/name] is very pretty.

I like all your girl names - tough choice! From the boys list I like [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] (especially the nn [name]Archie[/name]) with [name]Teddy[/name]. I also like [name]George[/name].

I love this suggestion. I also love [name]George[/name] nn “[name]Georgie[/name]” with brother [name]Theodore[/name] nn “[name]Teddy[/name]”.

What are your feelings towards the name: [name]Raymond[/name]? [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Raymond[/name]?

[name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Ray[/name].

I like [name]Amelia[/name] but I would prefer to call her “[name]Mia[/name]” for short.

[name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Mia[/name].

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] :slight_smile: I would also suggest [name]Henry[/name].

[name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] are lovely…
Could I also suggest [name]Louis[/name] for a boy (Also think [name]George[/name] goes with [name]Theodore[/name] perfectly…Oh well)!
Girls: [name]Alice[/name] also sounds lovely with [name]Theodore[/name]…

out of the boys I like [name]Archer[/name] best.

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] [name]Walter[/name] would be ideal imo.

Good luck,

rollo

I love all your girls’ choices! [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] all go really well with [name]Theodore[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name] (although I have to admit, [name]Charlotte[/name] is my favorite!).

From your boys’ list, I like [name]Everett[/name] the best. [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Everett[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] are really handsome together, and I have to admit, [name]Everett[/name] is one of my personal favorites! It’s just so classy and charming and handsome. None of your other options shine quite as much as [name]Everett[/name] to me, but [name]Archer[/name] nn [name]Archie[/name] is probably my second favorite. I think [name]Everett[/name] [name]Archer[/name]/[name]Archer[/name] [name]Everett[/name] would be nice, too, or [name]Everett[/name] [name]Charles[/name]?

I love your suggestions but a friend just named her son [name]Sebastian[/name]. Any other ideas? Thanks!

I love [name]Henry[/name] too but I have a nephew [name]Henry[/name]. Any other suggestions?

I love your suggestions but a friend just named her son [name]Sebastian[/name]. Any other ideas? Thanks!

I love [name]Walter[/name] way better than the other choices! [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Walt[/name] would be so cute. For your girl names though, I will say that they are all pretty but you are out of luck with that not so popular part. All of those names are on the rise. Personally I wouldn’t let that get in your way. That being said I think [name]Amelia[/name] with the nickname of [name]Millie[/name] would work terrific, being as [name]Millie[/name] wouldn’t be as popular and is very sweet. So I think [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Millie[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Walt[/name] would be the best sibset. Heck maybe it will be [name]Teddy[/name], [name]Millie[/name] and [name]Walt[/name] later on :wink: Good luck, and I wish you the best. I look forward to seeing what name you ultimately choose!!! :slight_smile: