Help! The indecision unbearable!

Can’t decide between 3 names:

[name]Lyla[/name]
Everlea
[name]Azalea[/name]

I love all of them but for very different reasons. If I go with [name]Lyla[/name], I am debating [name]Lyla[/name] Everlea or [name]Lyla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]. If I go with Everlea or [name]Azalea[/name] I have no idea what to use as a middle name. Suggestions please!

Thanks!

I like [name]Lyla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]. Maybe [name]Lila[/name] would be better?

I’m assumning you want honest opinions. I do not like Everlea at all, too made up. [name]Azalea[/name] is not my style at all, either. [name]Linnea[/name] is a nice alternative, maybe. I [name]DO[/name] like [name]Lila[/name], but only spelled the right way. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is really lovely!

I like [name]Lyla[/name] from your list but I also prefer it spelled [name]Lila[/name].

I like [name]Lyla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Lila[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] the most. I prefer the [name]Lila[/name] spelling personally but [name]Lyla[/name] is fine. Does one seem more widespread where you are? I would use the more common to increase the likelihood it’ll get spelled right. This used to be [name]Lila[/name], but I think it’s shifting to be more close. Everlea does seem pretty made-up honestly, I do think it’s pretty but I also don’t know whether to say [name]Ever[/name]-leah or [name]Ever[/name]-lee. I really like [name]Azalea[/name] but what is closer to your style? [name]Lila[/name] seems grounded-trendy (it’s trendy but has been popular before), Everlea seems trendy-trendy (it’s following all the [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]/[name]Evelyn[/name] stuff, but creatively), and [name]Azalea[/name] just doesn’t seem like it’s ever been too popular. If you have future children, it seems to me you’d have an easier time picking siblings to [name]Lila[/name] than to [name]Azalea[/name]. But maybe if I knew more of the names you liked I wouldn’t think that? Anyway, if you go with [name]Azalea[/name] I think something simple and common balances it nicely, [name]Azalea[/name] [name]Mary[/name], [name]Azalea[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Azalea[/name] [name]Grace[/name]…Good luck!

I really like [name]Lyla[/name] the best (my fav spelling is with the h [name]Lilah[/name])… I find [name]Lila[/name] Everlea to be too matchy lea/lilah. [name]Lyla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] sounds lovely. [name]Azalea[/name] is also a nice slightly more exotic choice.

I love [name]Lyla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]. [name]Lyla[/name] is the hebrew word for night.

Is Everlea pronounced “[name]Ever[/name]-lee” or “[name]Ever[/name]-lee-uh”? Because you’ll probably get a lot of mispronunciations either way… it’s a little trendy for my taste also. I think [name]Azalea[/name] is cute, but nms. So my vote goes to [name]Lyla[/name].

I like [name]Lyla[/name] but, like others, I also prefer the [name]Lila[/name] spelling. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is beautiful. I don’t like Everlea and [name]Azalea[/name].

I like [name]Lyla[/name] the best. The [name]Lila[/name] spelling is ok too but I actually like the Y. I wouldn’t use Everlea as a first name, it seems confusing – Is it [name]Beverly[/name] without the B, or what is it? [name]Azalea[/name] is pretty “out there” in the unusual camp, but if you really like it and have a really common last name I’d say go for it. If your last name is unusual/hard to pronounce/easily misspelled then I would steer away from it.

Everlea would be pronounced ‘[name]Ever[/name]-lee’ but I’m really happy I posted this because now I can see it would be mispronounced often! Thanks for all of you input!

I would choose [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] it is perfectly balanced which gives it lovely harmony, it makes a beautiful combo.

rollo

Not a fan of any of the spellings they look kind of made up to me no offense. I think [name]Lila[/name] spelled this way is nicer. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is pretty. I have seen Everleigh spelled this way and it might help with the pronounciation issues, its the name of a town here in Australia and we say it [name]Ever[/name]-lee.

[name]Lyla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name], hands down.

I would say that if you really love [name]Azalea[/name], go for it! (i might be partial because i love this name as well). yes, it is an exotic choice, but also one that is beautiful and can be easily shortened ([name]Lea[/name] is my fav nn for [name]Azalea[/name]). i agree with the other posters that if you do use [name]Azalea[/name], i would go for something short and sweet for a mn to balance it out. some ideas:

[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Rue[/name] (my fav)
[name]Azalea[/name] [name]June[/name]

i also [name]LOVE[/name] lila, but i prefer it with an i as opposed to a y. lila maeve is gorgeous! I’m not a big fan of Everlea. as the other posters said, it could cause confusion with pronunciation. if you’re dead set on this name, i would amend the spelling to Everlee or even [name]Everly[/name] (like the [name]Everly[/name] brothers).

hope this helps!

An [name]Azalea[/name] is a flowering shrub. A beautiful flowering shrub but a shrub none the less. It’s my favorite flower but I wouldn’t name my child that. Possibility for teasing - Hey [name]Azalea[/name] , where’s dogwood? [name]Azalea[/name] bush … If you were to go with that, I would make it a middle name.

I think [name]Lyla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is a gorgeous combo and I would like to encourage you to choose it. [name]Lyla[/name]/[name]Lila[/name] is a sweet and vintage name that will age well. [name]Azalea[/name] is pretty so it’s my second choice. Everlea is very trendy and will soon sound “dated”.

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]Azalea[/name] has different pronunciations depending on whether you live in [name]Britain[/name], USA, Australia or N.Z. I would not use it for this reason but the ending [name]Leah[/name] reminds me of [name]Lilah[/name].

[name]Lyla[/name] (or [name]Lila[/name]) [name]Maeve[/name] is definitely my favorite :slight_smile: What a beautiful name!