Help us choose a name for Fern's brother!

See the results of this poll: Thoughts for Fern’s brother?

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Miles Francis : 21 (47%)
  • Huck William : 8 (18%)
  • Huck Francis : 3 (7%)
  • Beck Francis : 1 (2%)
  • Beck William : 6 (13%)
  • Harvey Blaine: 6 (13%)

I feel exactly the same way you do – like we can’t decide on anything, and like we’re waiting to find a name we really love. I find boys’ names very difficult.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], with the nn [name_u]Beck[/name_u]? Then you wouldn’t have to worry about [name_f]Becky[/name_f] as much, I wouldn’t think. [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] is very handsome. With [name_m]Miles[/name_m] I also like [name_m]William[/name_m] ([name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] seems to have too many “s” sounds) or [name_u]Blaine[/name_u]. I’m not as keen on [name_m]Huck[/name_m] or [name_m]Harvey[/name_m].

[name_m]Huck[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] and it is no competition for me, I love [name_m]Huck[/name_m] and it sound lovely paired with the classic [name_m]William[/name_m]

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is a great combo, though not as daring as [name_f]Fern[/name_f]. I also love the name [name_m]Harvey[/name_m]. [name_u]Blaine[/name_u]–not so much. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]? That would have my vote.

habsfan’s suggestion of [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] nn [name_u]Beck[/name_u] is also a great one!

[name_m]Harvey[/name_m] [name_u]Blaine[/name_u] is my first choice for [name_f]Fern[/name_f]'s brother. Next in preference would be [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. I’m not a fan of [name_m]Huck[/name_m] (it rhymes with the F word so I foresee teasing ahead) and [name_u]Beck[/name_u] is too harsh.

I love the thought of [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] as brother to a [name_f]Fern[/name_f].

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] is one of my favorite botanical names, btw. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] choice.

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] gets my vote, but the flow of it isn’t necessarily the best. It’s far superior to the other names in comparison [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_m]Huck[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] are simply adorable!

I love [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_m]Huck[/name_m] together, but if you are anywhere near as dyslexic as my parents were and I am, you may mix up the names and yell F*ck at the playground by accident!

I think [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m] are lovely!

Thanks for all the input everyone! The more I think about it, hear it, and just see it on paper or a screen, I’m leaning towards [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] or [name_m]Huck[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]. Maybe [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] doesn’t flow the best since they both end in s, but with the last name, it works. Not too worried about [name_m]Huck[/name_m] rhyming with a certain word or being teased… The poor kid’s surname will get all the teasing when kids are old enough to know what it is slang for. I have a little less than 8 weeks till little man gets here; who knows, I’m indecisive and may change it again.
Thanks again!

Names are hard, yo.