Help us choose a name for our girl!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Nameberry!

This is my first post and I would really love some input on our first child’s name. [name_m]Just[/name_m] as a bit of background, our last name is long.

I started out with [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] - I like how simple and short it is and I like the alliteration with our last name (starts with a C). Then I saw how popular it has been and that kinda turns me off, but I haven’t ruled it out completely.

I have always loved the name [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], but I think it might be mean to give her such a long first name with our last name. What do you think?

I really like the nickname [name_f]Gia[/name_f] and that led me to [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] (or [name_f]Giana[/name_f]). My hesitation is the combo of [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] and our last name sounds very Italian even though we are not Italian.

The latest addition is [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. As a side note, my husband likes all the names but I have a feeling [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is his favorite. Sometimes I think it sounds classic and lush, sometimes I think it sounds masculine. For nickname, I like [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]. I have read you can do [name_f]Gia[/name_f] from [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] but that seems like a stretch to me…

What do you berries think? Thanks in advance!

I like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]!

Also like [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f].

My BFF is [name_f]Giana[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]. Never once thought she was Italian. In fact I don’t know if she is or not lol.

I don’t think [name_f]Gia[/name_f] from [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is a stretch at all. In fact, I think it makes more sense than [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]. It’s the perfect compromise between you and your husband, in my opinion.

I also like [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], but if you’re concerned about the length, have you considered [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] or [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] instead?

[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] could be a good compromise! If you love [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] though then I would go for that because popularity changes quite a lot and varies in different areas so unless you know quite a few personally then it shouldn’t be a problem. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry about the Italian thing because it is your style and [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] is a beautiful name X

I was going to say just what gabriela said! I love the idea of [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gia[/name_f]. I don’t think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] sounds masculine at all. It’s a beautiful, classic name.

Sounds like you might be a good candidate for using [name_f]Geneva[/name_f], my newest name obsession :wink:

I love either Gorgia or [name_f]Gia[/name_f]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are beautiful.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] to [name_f]Gia[/name_f] is not a stretch at all! It’s right there - [name_f]GeorGIA[/name_f].

Thanks for the help everyone!

I’m glad you guys are on board with [name_f]Gia[/name_f] from [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] (even though the syllables are pronounced differently).
I also like the suggestion of [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] and I know we passed over it for some reason early on, but I will ask DH about it.
My husband suggested [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f], but I don’t love it any more than the other names and it is just longer.
One of my other issues with [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] is the the pronunciation: I like [name_m]Gee[/name_m]-ahn-a even though I know this isn’t really the correct pronunciation either in Greek (Yah-na) or Italian ([name_m]Jahn[/name_m]-a).
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] is pretty but really hoping to stick with a Greek name. :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is great! Personally, I think [name_f]Gia[/name_f] is a stand alone name and if you like that, then just name her [name_f]Gia[/name_f]. I vastly prefer [name_f]Georgia[/name_f].

Any other thoughts berries?

Also, do you think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] sounds too much like a flower varietal?
If we choose [name_f]Giana[/name_f], what do you think of the pronunciation? And do you like the spelling [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] or [name_f]Giana[/name_f] better?