Help us decide a name for our little man

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] is getting very popular, and I agree that [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] sounds posh. I don’t think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] does though! It seems very down to earth to me! That would be my pick!

From your list, I love [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. That’s definitely my favorite and I wouldn’t say it’s too posh. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is lovely too, though this one feels a little more posh. Not necessarily a bad thing, though.

I personally really dislike [name_u]Finley[/name_u]. I don’t think it ages well and I’ve met several little girls named [name_u]Finley[/name_u] as well. I also live close to an area spelled [name_m]Findlay[/name_m] but pronounced the same way and that irks me in a way that just makes me further dislike the name. I do adore [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and love PP’s suggestion of [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] or even perhaps [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a great name, though it is most certainly becoming more common. I know of three personally, but they’re all 10 or older and only named [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] and think you have some much stronger options with [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], or [name_m]Finnian[/name_m]/Finn. Best of luck!

My favourite is [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] ~ I wouldn’t worry about something sounding too posh. It’s not like you’re choosing [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] (although [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is an adorable nickname). I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Brookes[/name_m] sounds lovely! I also like [name_u]Finley[/name_u], but [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is more to my tastes.

My niece is named [name_u]Finley[/name_u], I personally don’t love the name, and I do see more people are starting to use it for girls like my brother did. I think either [name_u]Finn[/name_u] on its own or as [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] or [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] could be nice. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is okay, [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] also sounds great. [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] I wouldn’t use just because I remember a popular TV series as a kid about a bear named [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], it’s also just not my style. Your last name would really work with a majority of names though so that’s good.

My vote is for [name_u]Finn[/name_u]!! It is my favorite from your list, but mostly if it is your favorite you should go for it. We named our 2 yo [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and people thought it was unusual. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t know any others. I like [name_u]Finn[/name_u] on its own, or [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]. They both sound nice with your last name. [name_u]Finley[/name_u] sounds more feminine to me, but definitely doable. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is nice, too. I don’t like the other 2, but [name_u]Rue[/name_u] is a really cute nn and I like it with [name_u]Brooks[/name_u].

Finley nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u]: [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is one of my favorite names. I honestly feel like popularity doesn’t even matter because it’s so absolutely wonderful
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] nn [name_m]Seb[/name_m]: I think [name_m]Seb[/name_m] is a really cool nickname and it’s nice [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] allows for both a long and a short name! I don’t think it’s too posh.
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]- Not too posh for me, I love the name [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]! It’s sweet and kind.
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]- I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], but it’s nice. Maybe [name_u]Perry[/name_u]? [name_u]Rue[/name_u]? [name_u]Rory[/name_u]?