Help us decide between Heidi and Emily

My husband is from New Zealand and I am French and Danish. We live in English Canada and our household is bilingual French / English. This will be our second child. Our eldest is named Samuel Evan.

Please, give your opinions on our top two names and middle name combos. Flow with our last name is important to me. Thank you!

Emily Cecilia Greenfield
Emily Rebecca Greenfield
Emily Elizabeth Greenfield
Emily Diana Greenfield
Emily Olivia Greenfield
Emily Alicia Greenfield
Emily Jane/Jade Greenfield
Emily Selena Greenfield

Heidi Elizabeth Greenfield
Heidi Louisa Greenfield
Heidi Olivia Greenfield

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] with [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] Evan. [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] also flows well with your last name in my opinion, and I just think it’s a lovely, calming, and sweet name that’ll age well.

3 Likes

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is so beautiful!

2 Likes

I don’t have a strong preference between [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] in general–they’re both lovely! If I had to choose, I maybe prefer [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] by just a bit. But I think [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is a slightly better match for Samuel; they’re both warm, familiar, easygoing classics that feel quite timeless. [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] is charming but strikes me as a little bit offbeat/quirky in a way that [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] don’t. None of that would be a dealbreaker in my mind by any means if you preferred Heidi–I’d only take it into consideration if you were having trouble deciding! Of your [name_f]Emily[/name_f] combos, my favorites are [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], both of which I really love. I’m very tempted by [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], though, if you do end up going with Heidi; that would probably be my personal pick of your list without taking into account sibling names. You really can’t go wrong here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Greenfield and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] Greenfield!

1 Like

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] is beautiful!

1 Like

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] sound the best together! They have the same “vibe” but have distinct yet complimentary vowel and consonant sounds. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] sound too close for me with the m’s and l’s.

I really love [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Greenfield, followed by [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] Greenfield.

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_f]Emily[/name_f] with [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], however [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] is less expected and far less popular.

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] are my favourite combinations

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is also swoon worthy!

No wrong answer here though both names are gorgeous!

1 Like

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you care about popularity or meaning?

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is perfect!

2 Likes

I really love [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] for you! It flows perfectly with your surname and pairs nicely with [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] top [name_f]Emily[/name_f] combo from your list is probably [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] or [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Alicia[/name_f]

2 Likes

Not much.

1 Like

I love both [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] with Samuel!

[name_f]My[/name_f] top two favorites are:

1- [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] Greenfield
2- [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] Greenfield

1 Like

I’d say [name_f]Emily[/name_f], than. It’s very versatile & not tied to one person for most people, unlike [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] may be. It ages well, & is also cute on a little girl. E, Emmy/Emmie/Emi, [name_f]Emma[/name_f], & Illy are veryyyyyy cute nicknames, although many people names [name_f]Emily[/name_f] don’t have a nickname, if that’s not your thing.

1 Like

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is gorgeous!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are…
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Greenfield
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] Greenfield

And

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Greenfield

With [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] I prefer [name_f]Emily[/name_f] but I love both [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Heidi[/name_f]

1 Like

Another vote for [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] Elizabeth!

1 Like

i really love emily diana with samuel evan!

emily greenfield is a great name

1 Like

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh how am I supposed to choose!!?? They’d all go so well with [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] Evan! If I must chose a top two, I think Id go with [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] & [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] :cherry_blossom: so pretty!

1 Like