Help us Decide!

We wanted gender neutral names to go with our first born [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Brienne[/name_f] ([name_u]River[/name_u]-[name_u]Doctor[/name_u] Who, [name_f]Brienne[/name_f]- Game of Thrones). We love both but can’t decide.

We’re super nerds and both [name_u]Parker[/name_u] ([name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Parker[/name_u]-Spiderman) and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] ([name_f]Peggy[/name_f] [name_u]Carter[/name_u]/Agent [name_u]Carter[/name_u]) are from [name_f]Marvel[/name_f] comics.

The middle names are both [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars references but more subtle.
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]- [name_f]Mara[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] Skywalker’s wife
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]- [name_m]Kylo[/name_m] [name_u]Ren[/name_u]

Help us decide which one?!

• Parker [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
  • Carter [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

0 voters

I like [name_u]Parker[/name_u] but [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] wins out. I can just see a sweet spunky little girl with this name as well as a classy adult.

1 Like

Parker [name_f]Jade[/name_f] is lovely

1 Like

I love them both and wondered how they would fair as adult names.

I love [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]!

1 Like

Oh, I love [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Brienne[/name_f] so much! It makes my heart so happy seeing [name_f]Brienne[/name_f] used, that’s my favorite character :heart:

I think both [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] are wonderful sounding, have lovely associations, and go nicely with [name_u]River[/name_u]. I personally voted for [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], just because I love [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is so sweet and spunky.
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] is beautiful too though, so you can’t go wrong!!

2 Likes

Thank you! We get “oh [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] so cute” or “Briane!” :roll_eyes: yeah not her name but close. Lol

1 Like

That’s what makes me hesitant about using it in the future! I have a few GOT names on my list because they’re meaningful, but I’m not sure if I’d ever be able to actually use them.
Seeing someone actually use [name_f]Brienne[/name_f] made me smile though, so maybe! :slightly_smiling_face:
[name_f]My[/name_f] naming style focuses heavily on using names of characters that mean a lot to me, so I absolutely love your daughters names (no matter which one you go with!)

Sorry about all the mispronunciations of [name_f]Brienne[/name_f], but I think it’s worth it. I’m sure she’ll grow up and really appreciate that you named her after two amazing women!!

River was after [name_u]Doctor[/name_u] Who and we had a whole wedding themed around it. So it was super meaningful. We struggled with her middle name and when GOT came out we loved [name_f]Brienne[/name_f]’s character. Both are strong women so we loved that as well.

If you love a character go for it. I noticed [name_u]Arya[/name_u]/Aria is topping the charts.

2 Likes

Oh, how beautiful!! She will definitely love all of the meaning behind her name :slightly_smiling_face:
I noticed that too! It’s slightly sad for me as I’d love to use [name_u]Arya[/name_u] because of how much the name means to me, but I wouldn’t want her to be 1 of 3 in a class like I was.

Anyway, I’m excited to see which name you go with for your second daughter! You have two very beautiful options :blush:

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] fits better imo!

Based on the namesakes, I voted [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] because I think [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] is an awesome role model for a little girl!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for a girl (so completely against my own style, but she’s so fun! I loved [name_u]Parker[/name_u] in the show Leverage), and so [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] gets my vote. I actually love [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], though? But either option works well.

Good luck!

My husband actually threw out [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] so that she could have CJ as a nickname. We love [name_u]Parker[/name_u] but it’s getting so popular. We’re both teachers and seeing 2 Parkers in a class makes us not like it as much. It’s becoming the new [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] for me. But thank you to everyone for their input.

Love the idea of [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]! I prefer [name_u]Carter[/name_u] to [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for you but didn’t love the flow of [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], so I picked [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]; I would absolutely vote for [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] if that’s an option!

1 Like