Help us find a sibling name for Ada!

Ok that makes perfect sense. I really like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] too :slightly_smiling_face: [name_f]Edie[/name_f] ([name_f]Edith[/name_f]) is really sweet vintage name and not overused. Good luck!

1 Like

Right? Husbands! :rofl: When i pitched [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] a few hours ago he immediately went “like the friendly ghost?!?” Hahaha but I’m going to work on him for that one because it’s sooo cute!

I really really want to love the name [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] but we knew someone with the name who doesn’t leave me with the best association.

Lena fits nicely although I prefer the leh-nuh pronunciation

William is my favourite of your boys names and I love that it would honour your father even though [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is one of my all time favourite names and would be my second choice for you.

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] and…

Vera
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]/Juliette
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Nessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Hilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Daria[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Annemieke[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]

Silas
[name_m]Frank[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Ludvig[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_u]Tanner[/name_u]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]

From your list I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. They both share that sweet vintage vibe (definitely not trendy.) [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] also works really well with [name_f]Ada[/name_f]!

How about…
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]

I love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] best with [name_f]Ada[/name_f], they both share the letter d which is a really cute connection. [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_u]Milo[/name_u] also work really well with [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

How about…
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]

I absolutely love [name_f]Lena[/name_f] and [name_u]Milo[/name_u] with [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] !!

1 Like

Exactly, [name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] match in style and sound, but not too much - just enough :wink:

1 Like

You don’t seem to be in love with it but Willa seems perfect; it’s beautiful with Ada and honours your father. I’d love to meet siblings named Ada and Willa!

I also adore June and think Ada and June make the sweetest sibset. Zelda would also be fantastic, and certainly unexpected! I personally think much more of Zelda Fitzgerald than the game but maybe others are different. I also like the idea of Sylvie and Ada together, and personally prefer Sylvie to Sylvia.

The only one I dislike is Liana, which seems more trendy to me than vintage.

For boys, Hugo and Milo are my favourites and are just gorgeous with Ada. The only option I don’t like with Ada is Zach, which feels too modern or something? It’s a good name but it doesn’t feel quite right to me. My favourites for you after Hugo and Milo are William and Edmund. I also quite like Ted and personally think it can stand on its own, even though I’d prefer it as a nickname. How about Edmund nn Ted?

Have you thought about any of these?

Wilfred/Wilbur
(less common variants of William to honour your father?)
Sebastian/Bastian
Otto/Otis
August
Elio
Felix
Jack
Caspar
Kit
Louis
Jude

Maeve
Beatrix
Matilda
Clara
Margot
Flora
Della
Eloise
Nell
Harriet
Iris

My partner is exactly the same about [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]! I’m pregnant with a boy and want to use it so badly but he keeps mentioning the bloody ‘Friendly Ghost’!

1 Like

It’s ridiculous!! And like, he’s a FRIENDLY ghost so it should be a good association anyways haha! Congratulations on your little boy! Hopefully you can convince your partner on [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]! :wink:

1 Like

@Etymology I love the name Henry! Unfortunately one of my co-workers has a Henry and another co-worker is planning to adopt a boy and name him Henry so even though I don’t really hang out with either of them outside of work we work together everyday and I think it might be weird if I also picked Henry.

I love Matilda but DH didn’t care for it. But I like alot of your suggestions! Thanks!

@Oceansea Cedric is adorable! Thank you for the comments and suggestions!

2 Likes

I was in love with [name_f]Willa[/name_f] for awhile and then I think I started second guessing myself. But both DH and I separately came up with it before running it past each other so that seems like a sign that it could grow on us a lot more!

I really like your suggestions! I’ll have to run a few past DH!

1 Like

Your style really resonates with me! [name_f]My[/name_f] first name, middle name, and two of my pets’ names are on your original list!

You’ve received so many beautiful suggestions already, but I just want to throw my vote in for [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Lena[/name_f] or [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. I’m in the Midwest and know a young [name_f]Lena[/name_f] who is adorable and spunky! I can just perfectly see [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Lena[/name_f] as sisters. [name_m]Silas[/name_m], to me, has all the vintage charm as [name_f]Ada[/name_f] with the same sleek, easy to spell and pronounce packaging.

1 Like

The names you’ve listed are exactly the style you’re looking for and they complement your daughter’s name very well. You seem to have a really good handle on that and already so many wonderful options to grow on you over time.

It’s sounds like a matter of letting each name stand on its own without measuring them up to how you feel about your daughter’s name. You may have loved the name [name_f]Ada[/name_f] when you gave it to your daughter but how much more must you love it now that it’s no longer just a name but a person. You can think of [name_f]Ada[/name_f] being the perfect name for your first baby, as opposed to simply being the perfect name. When your next child is on its way, I’m sure you’ll be able to find the name that’s equally perfect for him or her in their own way.

1 Like