Help us narrow down our list! English, Spanish and a tricky last name!

My husband and I are expecting a girl this [name]March[/name]! It’s fun to spill the beans here since we are planning to keep it secret!

I’d love help with combinations and suggestions. We are aiming for a name that works in English and Spanish and sounds great with our last name which begins with a “b” and ends with “s”. Our long list now includes:

[name]Eloise[/name] - we are concerned it runs into our last name because of the s sound at the end of both names
[name]Adele[/name] - for my grandma and probably a stronger contender for the middle spot
[name]Avery[/name] - my top pick. [name]Love[/name] it. Hubby vetoed and I’m very interested in alternatives.
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Ariella[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] - not the best in Spanish.
[name]India[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Amity[/name] - we love this name but dont like the movie association
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
Faraday - hubby’s new fav for the scientist
[name]Fiona[/name] - not loving the nickname potential

[name]Adele[/name], [name]Ariella[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name] get my votes!

I too love [name]Avery[/name], and opted to spell it [name]Averie[/name] for a middle name.
Other ideas:
[name]Ava[/name]
Avaline
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Reverie[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Verena[/name]
[name]Avril[/name]

I think [name]Isabella[/name] could be very pretty with a last name that starts with a B and ends with an S. Since you are looking for something that would work in Spanish, I might veto [name]Quinn[/name] and [name]Logan[/name]. Not sure about [name]Avery[/name].

[name]Amity[/name] is pretty. Not sure which movie association you mean. Are you mixing it up with [name]Amelie[/name]?

It makes me happy that you don’t know the [name]Amity[/name] association. We live in ny not too far from the town of Amityville and the town name was used to name the movie and murders that took place back in the 60s or 70s I think. We’ve run [name]Amity[/name] by a few friends and everyone says it reminds them of the movie and I don’t want that kind of association to follow my daughter through life.

[name]Amelie[/name] would have made the list but I have a niece named [name]Emilie[/name]. [name]Ava[/name] is in the same boat for us too since we have a cousin [name]Eva[/name].

I agree that [name]Isabella[/name] works with our last name but it’s also really popular which is my primary hesitation.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I love [name]Amity[/name], it’s one of my favourite virtue names. But I admit I have got funny reactions from people I’ve mentioned it to. I also like [name]Verity[/name] and [name]Amy[/name].

My favourite alternative to [name]Avery[/name] is [name]Aviva[/name]. (ah-vee-va) which means springtime which seems very appropriate to a [name]March[/name] baby if you are in the Northern Hemisphere.

I like [name]Aviva[/name] but I can’t see myself picking [name]Verity[/name].

I’m not sure about [name]Amy[/name]. [name]Ive[/name] always liked this name but if feels dated to my generation.

[name]Amy[/name] is one of my more throwback choices, I admit. :slight_smile:

I just find it refreshing on a baby amongst the many tiny Avas etc. I don’t love all '70s-'80s names but I think [name]Amy[/name] survives for me by being fairly classic and simple, it makes me think of [name]Little[/name] Women. Maybe it’s just not its time, though.

[name]Amelia[/name] Faraday - gorgeous! I really love Faraday!

What about [name]Amory[/name]?

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is also beautiful!

I like the idea of [name]Amory[/name] but I think its hard to say. I feel the same way about [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Ariella[/name] even though the are on the list. [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Adele[/name] has come up a few times as a potential combo and it works with our last name and honors my grandmother. I do like [name]Amelia[/name] Faraday too because it gives [name]Amelia[/name] some spunk. Thanks for the suggestions - I dont think I would have considered [name]Amelia[/name] Faraday on my own!

I forgot to include [name]Genevieve[/name]. I like it as a full name but would hope to avoid the gen nicknames. I’d probably push to call her vie for short.

I kinda say it like [name]Annmarie[/name] run together :slight_smile: but I can see some people feeling it’s a bit mushy.

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] would be lovely! You could also use nn [name]Neve[/name]

I love neve as a potential nickname. My husband just threw in Tamory, [name]Amara[/name], [name]Juno[/name].