Help Us Narrow Down Our List!

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are so excited to be picking out a name for our little boy! I can’t believe we’ve finally made it to this point!

We’ve been talking a lot about names and have narrowed down our list to the following boy names…

• [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

Middle name will be [name_u]David[/name_u] to honor a family member. Last name starts with an H and is common and one syllable.

Any input on these names? What do you picture when you hear them? What do they make you think of? What would you rate them? Any negative connotations I’m not considering? I’d love any opinions or suggestions! Thank you!

5 Likes

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] (with the nickname Sully) is my favorite name right now! I am in love with that and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. I’m not sure the other three sound as good with [name_u]David[/name_u].

3 Likes

What a tough list to pick from!!

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is rugged and handsome

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] is bright and happy

[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is distinct and charming

[name_m]Orlando[/name_m] is full of flair and elegance

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is cool and handsome

With [name_u]David[/name_u], I think my favourite is [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]!

2 Likes

For all the Combos, I like [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]David[/name_u] and I think gradually decreasing syllables with a one syllable last name sounds really nice!

3 Likes

I truly love [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]! And I do like all of them but those two rise to the top for me and because you asked for opinions… for me [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] feels like a big name to wear as in meaning [name_m]Titan[/name_m] or [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] which, depending on his personality, may not be easy for every boy. [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] is nice but better if you have Spanish history in your family (and that may be). I think [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is great except I don’t care as much for the usual nicknames of either [name_m]Seb[/name_m] or Bash and being that your surname is one syllable they may not flow well. You have a nice list though but just some little things to consider.

1 Like

Congratulations! Sullivan all the way. I think Sullivan David is by far the best combination. It’s a unique twist on the popular Sebastian, and comes with a cute nickname. Love it. 10/10 for me.
I think Atlas (6/10) & Orlando (7/10) are all a bit too out there for me personally, and I don’t think they sound as good. For Felix I see it as more a pet name or a nickname (4/10). And Sebastian (8/10) is great I just prefer Sullivan more. I totally agree with the @megan.holzwart about the long-to-short syllables.

1 Like

Congratulations! I personally think [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is the best. It sounds great with the middle name and the nickname [name_u]Sully[/name_u] is sooooo cute. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is also great. It feels like you can’t really go wrong with either of those. Good luck choosing :heart:

1 Like

I would vote for [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]David[/name_u], followed by [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]David[/name_u]!

1 Like

Haha [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is the name of my partner, who is an amazing person <3 So I think of them!

Btw for all berries I know closely they have finally settled on a name after going through 100 different choices lol

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] [name_u]David[/name_u] and [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]David[/name_u]! I love the nickname [name_u]Andy[/name_u] for [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] or if your a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars fans then the nickname [name_m]Lando[/name_m] is to die for!

1 Like

I like [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] the most. By themselves and with [name_u]David[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my favorite to least favorite rankings:

Sebastian-Sebastian is handsome & sharp & a little bit artsy. It feels old fashioned but fresh & works well for any age. It has a lot of great nns too if you’re into those. I love [name_m]Satch[/name_m] the most, but also like Bash, [name_m]Seb[/name_m] & Sebby.

Atlas-I’m loving this name lately too. It actually feels sort of similar to [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. I can picture it on an artist or an executive. It’s interesting but simple.

Sullivan-I don’t mind it. I do think that [name_u]Sully[/name_u] is really cute. [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is kind of handsome. I just don’t think it’s as charming as [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] or [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]. Maybe a bit more unique though, so that’s a plus.

Felix-This is a name that I should love, but something about it sounds goofy to me. Not sure why. It’s not a bad name.

Orlando-Not a fan of this one. It just sounds kind of heavy somehow.

A few more that you may like:

[name_u]Adrian[/name_u]

[name_u]Alden[/name_u]

[name_u]August[/name_u]

[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]

[name_m]Cillian[/name_m]

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]

[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]

[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]

[name_u]Jameson[/name_u]

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]

[name_u]Milo[/name_u]

[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]

[name_m]Otis[/name_m]

[name_m]Rafael[/name_m]

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], by a long shot. It’s a classic; the only one that give me an image of a cute nature-loving little boy and a handsome world traveled gentleman.

1 Like

[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]David[/name_u] is so cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] the most out of your list! 10/10 (makes me think of a chonky lil baby who’ll maybe play tee-ball when they’re older)
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is not my favorite. 3/10
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] is cutesy and sounds sweet. 8/10
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m] doesn’t seem to work with [name_u]David[/name_u]. 5/10
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is cute but not my personal style. 7/10

1 Like

I love all of these so it’s a really tough choice. Here are my ratings and comments:

Sullivan 8.5/10 There’s something about Sullivan I really like: it’s warm and friendly, youthful and mature. And Sully is brilliant! It’s a great name.
Felix 10/10 Felix is one of my absolute favourites. It was our other choice for our son’s name actually. It’s spunky and effortlessly cool and could be worn equally well by an artist, a lawyer, a sportsman etc etc. There are no negatives with this name in my opinion.
Atlas 8.5/10 Another very cool name. I think I just prefer the similar Atticus but it doesn’t carry the baggage that Atticus does. The only possible downside with this name is that it’s getting a tad trendy, although not enough that I wouldn’t use it if it were my top choice.
Orlando 8.5/10 I love this name. It’s romantic and mellifluous yet entirely wearable. My only issue with it is that people would be inclined to shorten it and whilst I don’t mind Orly, I prefer just Orlando.
Sebastian 9.5/10 Sebastian is one of my all time favourite names. The only reason I didn’t consider it more seriously for my son is that it’s a little more popular than i’d like where I live. For me, Sebastian is an incredibly sophisticated, intelligent, beautiful-looking/sounding name with fantastic nicknames (I love Seb and Bash).

Based on this list, you might also like Jude, Milo, Oscar, Phineas, Hugo, Otis, August, Caspar, Rex, Asher, Enzo, Lucian, Tobias, Jasper, Bastian, Remy, Soren, Elio, Ambrose, Dashiell, Flynn, Kai, Louis, Magnus, Otto, Leopold, Marlowe, Rory, Xander, Kit, Roman or Angus.

1 Like

@Grandidieramy We really love [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]! We’ve been thinking we’d use the nickname [name_u]Sully[/name_u] but the nickname [name_u]Van[/name_u] is also really cute, especially as he gets older. Thank you!

@Greyblue I’m glad we have a strong list now but it’s been so hard trying to eliminate some! I love your explanations of them all. I feel they are really fitting. We keep coming back to [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] it seems. Thank you!

@megan.holzwart I didn’t even realize the syllables were gradually decreasing! That does give it a really nice flow. Thank you!

@WhiteGardenia [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] definitely has a strong meaning, so I can see why you’d say it feels like a big name. I like your point about [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] fitting better with a Spanish history. We don’t have Spanish history on either side of our families so that’s definitely good to keep in mind. Thank you!

@carrington Is [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] a variation of [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]? I didn’t even know that! The syllables is a great point that I hadn’t even considered before. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

@Kate19188 We love the nickname [name_u]Sully[/name_u] for [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]! Maybe even [name_u]Van[/name_u] as he gets older and cooler haha. [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] feel like the two we keep coming back to. Thank you!

@handlion That is exactly my husband’s preference! He likes [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] with [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] closely following as his favorite. Thank you!

@mea.ola [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is a really cool name! I’ve never met anyone named [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] before so I thought it was a really cool name when I heard it. It’s SO HARD to pick a name! I’ve had a list of baby names for as long as I can remember. Now having to choose only one of those names feels impossible! Thank you!

@c.coleman0482 I’ve never thought of the nickname [name_u]Andy[/name_u] for [name_m]Orlando[/name_m]. I love that. Now I have to look up [name_m]Lando[/name_m] because that’s cute too! I really love [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] but my husband isn’t as on board with it. Thank you!

@whatchamacallit That’s funny because my husband loves [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and I’m not too into it and I love [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] and my husband isn’t too into it. So you picked both of the names we keep fighting for haha. Thank you!

2 Likes

@MichelleM This is so helpful thank you so much! I agree and really like that [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] has a lot of nickname options. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I both don’t have nicknames so I like the idea of our baby having nicknames if they want them. It’s interesting that you say [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] feel similar because now that I think about it they feel similar to me too. Something about their vibes. [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] definitely feels more unique, although I haven’t met anyone with any of these names before. I’ve heard a few people say there’s a cartoon cat named [name_m]Felix[/name_m]? Maybe that’s why it feels goofy to you? Some of your suggestions were actually on my original longer list. [name_u]Adrian[/name_u], [name_u]Alden[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], and [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] were all on there before! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband basically vetoed them all, but you definitely have my naming style down! Thank you again! This was really helpful.

@diane921 I think [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is a great name! [name_f]My[/name_f] only concern is it seems to be getting more popular and trendy. It was #19 on the social security name list for 2020. So I worry there will be a lot of Sebastian’s and we already have a common last name. But I agree that it’s a great name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] your description of it. Thank you!

@Addie22 [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is rooting hard for that one! He thinks it’s really cool. Thank you!

@trw03 [name_f]My[/name_f] husband loves [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]! He’s rooting hard for that one. I definitely would be happy with a chonky lil baby! Thank you!

@TDFM I’m having the same issue! The names we’re left with I really like. So I don’t know how we’re supposed to narrow it down to only one now. We’ve been fans of [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] for a long time. I love the nickname [name_u]Sully[/name_u] and even [name_u]Van[/name_u]. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is a great name. It feels classic but not too mature for a little kid. I also prefer the name [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] to [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] but my husband kept calling [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] ABICUS instead. So I had to take that one off. I do worry about the trendiness of both [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] since they seem like they’re getting more popular. I really like [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] but my husband isn’t as sold on it. There’s no clear nickname for [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] though which I don’t love. You’ve definitely nailed my naming style! A lot of those names used to be on my long list actually. [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_m]Enzo[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], and [name_m]Xander[/name_m] all used to be on my list. I’m impressed! I was really pushing for [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] but my husband just doesn’t like it at all. Thank you so much for all of your input. This was really helpful!

1 Like

[name_m]Orlando[/name_m] and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] are so dreamy!

1 Like