Help us pare down our boys' list :) (Vote please?)

See the results of this poll: Which boys’ names do you prefer?

Respondents: 83 (This poll is closed)

• Jackson Isaiah: 6 (7%)
  • Seth Elias: 9 (11%)
  • Elliott Steven: 16 (19%)
  • Ian Matthew: 11 (13%)
  • Israel Justice: 1 (1%)
  • Ethan Gabriel: 10 (12%)
  • Xavier Luke: 17 (20%)
  • Gabriel Levi: 13 (16%)

I voted for [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Levi[/name] because it is a really nice sounding and strong boys name. My second choice would be [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Steven[/name], third [name]Ethan[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]. I know [name]Ethan[/name] is extremely popular right now but I have yet to hear it be used on a baby.

[name]Israel[/name] [name]Justice[/name] sounds like you have some extreme Middle Eastern views.

I’m not a fan of [name]Jackson[/name] unless it is a family surname.

I voted for [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Xavier[/name], and [name]Gabriel[/name] because I [name]ADORE[/name] all three of those first names and because I don’t love the others on your list nearly as much.
BUT, I would suggest changing around the middles a bit.
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Luke[/name] is actually an awsome combo; my only concern with this one is that the flow might not be the best with one-syllable last name. A two syllable middle might work best and a perfect option here is [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Levi[/name] (you might not like the repeating v sounds, but I actually think it sounds awesome).
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Steven[/name] is okay, but [name]Steven[/name] just feels rather boring to me considering your list as a whole. I think [name]Elliott[/name] (which is one of my all time favorite names by the way) could withstand something more daring in the middle - how about [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Justice[/name], working from your list? Also, [name]Steven[/name] ends with an n and your last name starts with n, so that’s another reason why I don’t love the flow with [name]Steven[/name] in the middle.
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Levi[/name] has a similar problem with the l’s running into each other. [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] would work much better.

Some other suggestions using middles not on your list:
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Asher[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]

As for the rest of your list, I do like [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Ian[/name], and [name]Isaiah[/name] but they are all a bit more popular and not as distinctive as the three above.
I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elias[/name], but having an s ending followed by an s ending last name might be less than ideal.
[name]Seth[/name] is nice enough, but again with a one syllable last name, less than ideal in the first or middle slot.
I would probably drop [name]Israel[/name]; it’s just not as handsome as your other choices.
And I would definitely drop [name]Jackson[/name] - it already feels dated to me.

Wow”I do not, but you’re right! That never occurred to either of us. We’ll definitely pair a different middle name in there if we use [name]Israel[/name].

Thank you for all of your thoughts! I [name]LOVE[/name] some of your pairings, especially [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Levi[/name] (which was a hit with my husband, too!). [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Justice[/name] are very handsome as well; I think you did a better job with my list than I did. :wink: Regarding [name]Steven[/name]”it’s a family name, so I may not have a choice. If I have to use it, I’d prefer it stay in the middle slot because I really don’t want a son named [name]Steven[/name]. Agreeing with you, it feels boring to me given my choice of somewhat “periphery” classic names. Thanks again for your suggestions–I love them! :slight_smile:

P.S.: What are some ways besides “[name]Jackson[/name]” to get to the nickname “[name]Jack[/name]”? That’s what we’re really after here”

[name]Jack[/name] is traditionally the nickname for [name]John[/name]. I think [name]John[/name] is a name steeped in history, whereas [name]Jackson[/name] is trendy.

[name]Jack[/name] is traditionally the nickname for [name]John[/name]. I think [name]John[/name] is a name steeped in history, whereas [name]Jackson[/name] is trendy.

I picked [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Seth[/name]. I adore [name]Gabriel[/name] but it runs together with [name]Levi[/name].

[name]Jackson[/name] [name]Isaiah[/name] - this name has great flow, but I can’t say I’m crazy about either of them. I don’t mind [name]Jackson[/name], but only because I love the nn [name]Jack[/name], despite the popularity. There are worldwide versions of [name]John[/name] which could technically give the nn [name]Jack[/name], such as [name]Ivan[/name], [name]Ian[/name] and [name]Gian[/name], but they all seem a bit of a stretch, to be honest. I vote you go with simply [name]Jack[/name], because it is a classic, so the popularity isn’t actually that noticeable. Because of the surname names trend, [name]Jackson[/name] may become dated in the future.

[name]Seth[/name] [name]Elias[/name] - [name]Seth[/name] is very handsome, and this name has good flow.

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Steven[/name] - neither name really bowls me over, and I do have to mention that [name]Elliott[/name] seems to be getting more and more popular on little girls.

[name]Ian[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - again, neither name really bowls me over. Personally, I find [name]Ian[/name] too vowel-y, but perhaps over in [name]America[/name] (I’m just guessing where you are) it seems more exotic than it does here in [name]England[/name], where it is quite common.

[name]Israel[/name] [name]Justice[/name] - I am in two minds about [name]Israel[/name]. On the one hand, I think it would make a great, unusual religious name, tucked away in the middle. On the other hand, it is currently a wartorn country. I think for the latter reason, I would hesitate to use it, even in the middle. [name]Justice[/name] is a great choice in the middle, but coupled with [name]Israel[/name] I think it is a little out-there.

[name]Ethan[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] - both names are quite popular, I think. I do like [name]Gabriel[/name], but I find [name]Ethan[/name] a little average.

[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Luke[/name] - both are handsome choices, [name]Xavier[/name] is unusual but accessible and [name]Luke[/name] is a classic, and they flow well together. I think this name is perfect, and it definitely gets my vote!

[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Levi[/name] - both are good names, but the Ls run into each other a little.