Help us pick between four names for our baby boy!

See the results of this poll: Which of these four names is best for our baby boy…?

Respondents: 63 (This poll is closed)

• Hudson: 26 (41%)
  • Roscoe: 13 (21%)
  • Carter: 19 (30%)
  • Keller: 5 (8%)

I like [name]Hudson[/name] a lot, but it’s become pretty popular lately. In the past 10 years it’s risen 400 spots on the ssa charts! Not sure how New Yorkers feel about the trend, but I imagine if you’re moving back to [name]Texas[/name] before he starts school it won’t be much of an issue.

[name]Roscoe[/name] isn’t really my style. If you’re concerned about [name]Hudson[/name] though, you should know that [name]Roscoe[/name] is the name of a NY town.

I like [name]Carter[/name], though it does sound a little straight-laced. Also I would want to give it a nn, and I can’t really think of any I would want to use.

All I can think of when I see Keller is [name]Helen[/name] Keller. while that’s not necessarily a bad thing, I can imagine the teasing in middle and high school.

If popularity is an issue for you, [name]Carter[/name] may not be the best choice, because it’s pretty popular, at #65.

I’m not sure if you’re still looking for names, but you may like:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Lawson[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Oh! And [name]Kellan[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Hudson[/name] - i know that [name]Hudson[/name] is rising in popularity for both boys and girls. I think it is an okay name, I have a bad association w/ it so that makes it not my style. I don’t think the [name]Hudson[/name] [name]River[/name] would really be a problem.

[name]Carter[/name] - as PP said there really are no nickname possibilities w/ this name, and it is not really unique. But there is nothing wrong w/ it and it is cute enough on its own.

[name]Roscoe[/name] - this is actually my dogs name, so while i like the name it is all doggie to me!! but i can see a cute little boy w/ this name…

Keller - all i think of is [name]Helen[/name] Keller, my Husband tried to get me to like this name too but i cant get past [name]Helen[/name] Keller. I love [name]Kellen[/name], maybe that would work instead.

good luck - your names are all somewhat different from one another, maybe you should just wait until you meet the little guy and he will name himself!

I like [name]Hudson[/name] best and besides, you’ve said that you probably won’t be in New [name]York[/name] for more than a year.

Thanks for all of your suggestions! Keep them coming! I still love [name]Roscoe[/name], even though a few people have mentioned that it is a great dogs name…am I crazy?

[name]Roscoe[/name] is adorable! I know a dog named [name]Roscoe[/name] as well, but I think that it is so common for people to name their dogs “human” names now rather than Spot or something like that! A lot of names that I like have been used for a dog, cat or pet by friends of mine! I say if you like [name]Roscoe[/name] - use it! It is a great name no matter who it is used for!

What are some similar names…

[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Carter[/name]
Keller

I have to express my absolute love of [name]Roscoe[/name]! I think that it’s such a great name with so much character. It’s just got personality, but it’s a real name (i.e., not tryndee made-up craziness). And no one uses it! Really, one of my favorites. I would use it in a nanosecond, but it sounds stupid with my last name.

Other names I like are…

Adler
[name]Hamilton[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Miller[/name]
[name]Warner[/name]
[name]Kilian[/name]
[name]Grover[/name]
[name]Gibson[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Doyle[/name]
[name]Henderson[/name]