Help us pick?

My husband and I just can’t decide between two names so I’m asking for opinions on which one sounds the best.

Our two options are
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]/Finnick [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

I honestly love them both, and we’ve discussed with our families too and they love them both as well which hasn’t helped us any! I know [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is becoming more popular, but I do not know one person in my area that has named their child [name_u]Finn[/name_u], so the popularity doesn’t bother me. I love the nickname [name_m]Bear[/name_m] for [name_u]Barrett[/name_u], but don’t love the nickname [name_u]Barry[/name_u] which I know he’ll get at some point in his life. Any opinions??

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] just don’t flow very well, imho. Plus, “[name_m]Bear[/name_m]” is cute, and I really think “[name_u]Barry[/name_u]” is avoidable. I have known 3 Garretts and they have never been called “[name_u]Gary[/name_u]”.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] so handsome

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] doesn’t flow well because of the “k” endings. [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] I’m just not a fan of, although [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is really cute.

2 Likes

Barrett [name_m]Isaac[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]! It’s so cute and I love the nickname [name_u]Finn[/name_u]!

I Iike [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] but not [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] (soo similar/ repetitive sounding.) I prefer [name_u]Finn[/name_u] to [name_u]Barrett[/name_u], but [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] does sound really nice together.

I have to agree with you, [name_u]Barry[/name_u] from [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] would be tragic as [name_u]Barry[/name_u] is not great. And we all inevitably shorten names unfortunately. Therefore my vote goes to [name_m]Finnick[/name_m]. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a better NN.

I like [name_u]Barret[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]! It’s an underated name. [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is an adorable nickname. I went to school with a [name_u]Barret[/name_u] and never heard him called [name_u]Barry[/name_u].

Having two named that end in the -ck sound doesn’t flow very well, so I prefer [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] to [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m].

1 Like

Finn!

[name_u]Barrett[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] flows better!

Barrett [name_m]Issac[/name_m]! I love the nn [name_m]Bear[/name_m] or [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]. I think you can avoid [name_u]Barry[/name_u] as it is such a dated name.

1 Like

Barrett [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is great, and I love nicknames [name_m]Bear[/name_m] and [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Issac[/name_m]!

I like both [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] and [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] so I see your dilemma!

I was leaning towards [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] but when you mentioned [name_m]Bear[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] I was sold. That is adorable! I like [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] more.

I prefer [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. It seems more contemporary, whereas [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] gives me a '90’s vibe.

As a name I much prefer [name_u]Finn[/name_u] or [name_m]Finnick[/name_m], but with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] they sound a bit strange.

I prefer [name_u]Barrett[/name_u]

No to [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] for me. I much prefer [name_u]Finn[/name_u]!