Help us put Wren as a middle or as a nickname

We are due with our first baby girl in [name]July[/name]. We both really like the name [name]Wren[/name] and would like to use it as a nickname or a middle name. Our last name is Carr. I’d like to avoid super popular first names.

So what names would give us a nn of [name]Wren[/name]? (We’ve considered [name]Maren[/name] - both like, but not sure if we love)

Or

What first names would go well with middle name, [name]Wren[/name] and last name, Carr?

As a nn, what about [name]Serena[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name]? Or [name]Irene[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name] (I like [name]Irina[/name] as a variant, and I think [name]Wren[/name] would still work as a nn)

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Cerys[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Wren[/name]

I’m not sure what your style is so these are all over the place, but if you tell us what you like we might be able to help you a bit more.

Thanks, Leonielee. When I say [name]Serena[/name] it’s a long E sound rather than a short sound like in [name]Wren[/name] - does this still work? I have a good friend with a baby girl name [name]Irene[/name], so that one is out.

I like [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Elena[/name]. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Cerys[/name]?

My husband and I tend to like different styles - I like older names ([name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Millicent[/name], [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name]) while my husband seems to like names of people our age ([name]Amy[/name], [name]Nicole[/name], [name]Hailey[/name]) and short, spunky names ([name]Lux[/name], [name]Sloane[/name]).

[name]Wren[/name] is one of the few names we both like - but [name]Wren[/name] Carr seems so short.

I like just [name]Wren[/name], or as a nickname for [name]Renata[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Wren[/name]! I had actually tossed around [name]Serena[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name] that @leonielee mentioned. I like [name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name], too, but [name]Catherine[/name] is pretty mainstream.

What about:

[name]Renata[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Renee[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Seren[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Katerina[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name]

[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Olive[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Wren[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Cerys[/name]= Care-iss

And yes, I think even with the long E sound, [name]Wren[/name] still works as a nn for [name]Serena[/name].

I’ve seen [name]Wren[/name] used as a nn for [name]Florence[/name].
I was thinking of it as a nn for [name]Rowan[/name]/[name]Rowen[/name], but everyone I asked said I was crazy.

Good luck, I love the name. I’m considering [name]Alba[/name] [name]Wren[/name].