Help us settle on a name for our baby boy due any day now...

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] boy due any day now. After much deliberation and great help received on this forum, we’ve finally decided on a name for our baby boy - [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. However we’re debating whether to also include a second middle name so it’s consistent with what we’ve done with our daughter’s name - [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Would you leave as is or include a second middle? Options we have so far are:

• [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (as is)
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Tate[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] ?

Many thanks!

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

If you do two middles, i like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] the best!

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. It’s a very full name.

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] as is. I think another middle name throws off the flow and takes away from its handsomeness. I’ve seen many people who use two middle names for the girls and just one for the boys and so it seems perfectly fine. Unless you have another reason for wanting another name like honoring someone else I wouldn’t just tack another on. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] perfectly fine on it’s own. I don’t think he needs two middle names just to match his sister. Out of the options for two middles though I think they one that sounds the best is [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] but it still doesn’t flow as nicely as just [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

Whoa it’s so weird you paired [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Reid[/name_u]…that’s my dad’s name. :open_mouth: I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] or just [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is nice on its own. If you had someone that you really wanted to honour by adding on their name, that would be a good reason, otherwise it would distract from a great sounding name.

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u].

My pick would be [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m], but [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] is good too. I think that [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is fine though, not having two middle names is not going to seriously affect him in life. One of my brothers has two middles names whereas the rest of us don’t, and there have never been any issues surrounding it.

I adore [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]! [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] doesn’t work because the double S ending of [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] bothers my ears. But they are all nice and work well. I adore the name [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

But if you love just [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], then I don’t think it’s an issue if he only has 1 MN.

I think [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds good as is.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is so handsome! I like it just as it is, and I also like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] paired with it. Although I would do [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]–I think they flow a wee bit better. I would vote [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], and just [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], in that order. I like [name_u]Tate[/name_u], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_u]Reid[/name_u], etc., but I don’t think they sound so great with [name_u]James[/name_u].

Good [name_m]LUCK[/name_m]!

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] or [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]

I prefer one middle for boys and girls so I vote [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. If you want another middle I would use [name_u]Tate[/name_u]. It’s short and simple without adding too many syllables and I think he could use [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] JT Last-name which I find appealing. If he grows up to hate [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] ( I doubt it- such a cute name) you have the extra option of JT.

I like as [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. However if you desired a third [name_m]Henry[/name_m] fits the bill.

In keeping with the first initial on the third name you may consider [name_u]Grady[/name_u], Glennard, or [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Edward[/name_m]?

:p[name_m]Just[/name_m] a little idea to throw out there…

could you switch the middle names around maybe?

i think its a good idea to keep consistent with your daughters name… But i personally think that it sounds better with [name_u]James[/name_u] being the second middle name not the first.

so… My suggestion is either

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

They both flow nicely and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] has a really nice ring to it. Play around with the other middle names you like and see what rolls off the tongue nicely

I do love it the way it is, but adding another to be consistent wouldn’t hurt. As listed, I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], but I’d personally probably put [name_u]James[/name_u] last. I really like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

I love [name_m]Sabastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] Eliott