Help! Vote on our final combos!

See the results of this poll: Which is the best combo!?

Respondents: 91 (This poll is closed)

• Phoebe Caroline : 32 (35%)
  • Phoebe Luella : 26 (29%)
  • Louisa “Lucy” Eve : 10 (11%)
  • Louisa “Lucy” Caroline : 17 (19%)
  • Some other awesome combo!: 6 (7%)

I voted for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. Based on your comments above, I would say that with [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], you will definitely be correcting people. If that doesn’t bother you, go for it! But if it will, you may want to rethink that name because it’s the most common pronunciation and it will happen. A lot. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is lovely and with it in the middle position, you won’t have to worry about her being called [name_f]Carol[/name_f] since it’s not her first name. You could soften it by going with [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] if you’d rather. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is lovely, I agree. I quite like it as a first name actually. But it wasn’t a choice so I didn’t vote for it. You could always name her: [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Evelena[/name_f] (Ev-uh-leen-uh), [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and nickname her [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. [name_f]Luella[/name_f] is lovely too but not my speed.

Therefore, my favorite for you out of your choices is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. The “F” last name doesn’t bother me. Sometimes alliteration gives the name a wonderfully musical sound. Like a famous stage name. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] is also equally lovely.

My favorite alternate name would be: [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. Or a variation like: [name_f]Evelena[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Eve[/name_f]) or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Eve[/name_f]).

I vote for [name_f]Evelena[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] or, better yet, [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]. I love Lousia and would personally pronounce it with a soft s, but I imagine most others would not.

I wouldn’t pronounce [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] with a soft s, maybe it’s a regional pronunciation thing? I have never heard it pronounced with a soft s. For that purpose I vote, [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] from the poll, but Geneivieve [name_f]Luella[/name_f] is my hands down favorite of the ones mentioned in your post.

I voted for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]–it’s my favorite out of your combinations, and is well worth it if you’re not that averse to alliteration (I come from a biased point of view–I hate alliteration myself).

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is my second choice, and I agree that, if you don’t like what I assume is the default pronunciation in your area, correcting people on the pronunciation is something you’re going to have to do a lot of. You can solve that inconvenience by switching [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] with [name_f]Luella[/name_f].

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] are two of my all-time favorite names. I like them vastly more than [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] - gorgeous and classy
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] - beautiful with exemplary flow

Thanks for the replies, berries!

I had never pronounced [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] any other way than with the soft “s” sound, so hearing the harsher “z” sound made me turn my nose up a bit and cry a bit on the inside that my “perfect” sounding name was “ruined”. But maybe it wouldn’t be so bad in real life?

I love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] like many of you do, but can’t get over the fact that we could/would call her “[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Lu[/name_f]” if we named her [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]. It’s just the sweetest nickname!

My favorite is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]! It’s very pretty yet spunky. I’ve never heard [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] pronounced without the soft S… I’m from the central U.S. however the only girl I’ve ever met with the name is from the north. There, at least, you wouldn’t find yourself correcting often.

I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] “[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]” but I do think you will always be correcting people on the pronunciation. Why not just name her [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]?

This is strange for me because my name is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] haha. I voted [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] because I like both those names, however, I’m not mad on [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] so [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] would be nice :slight_smile:

Outstanding name choices. I love all 4 so it was hard for me to choose. I like that [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is a biblical name and has so much history. It’s one of my favorite names. You can’t go wrong with any of them.

In answer to a previous question, we want to have a longer name for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and just have that be her nickname (if we choose that name). :slight_smile: I’m so torn! Our little boy’s name came so easily for us and nothing seems to be quite right for our little girl. :confused:

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is lovely.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

I don’t quite feel that [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] flows right; I think [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] flows so beautiful and [name_f]Luella[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] are both great names so when she got older if she decided for some reason that she didn’t like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] she could go by [name_f]Luella[/name_f], or [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and easily get away with it. I don’t think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] has enough spunk or beauty for a little girl in this day and age, I think she’d be better off with the more modern [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] especially since it is a biblical name.

I also agree that [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] doesn’t flow as well. Today I’m leaning more towards [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f], but it makes me a tiny bit sad to not use the family name of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], so I’m torn! [name_m]AH[/name_m]!!! Names are so hard.

I would go with meaning over flow. If [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is special and a family name, that is the way I should go!

I voted for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f], such a sweet combo! ^^

If you’re not into [name_f]Carol[/name_f], maybe [name_f]Coral[/name_f] could be an option? I love [name_f]Coral[/name_f]! [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f] would both be wonderful. :slight_smile:
Also love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] (especially with nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] considering the initials!).

I think [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] nn [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Lu[/name_f] is darling.

I think [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] flows so nicely! It is a beautiful combination.