help w/ middle name for boy # 2

[name]Just[/name] found out that baby number 2 is another boy! We have decided on the first name [name]Graham[/name]. For a middle name I like [name]David[/name] to honor my father my husband wants [name]Patrick[/name] after himself. If we go with [name]Graham[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] his initials
will be GPS do you think that’s an issue? My 1 yr old son’s name is [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] ([name]Daniel[/name] was after my grandfather).

So which sounds better [name]Graham[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] or [name]Graham[/name] [name]David[/name]?? Also if you have any other suggestions besides [name]David[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name] I would love to him them.
Thanks in advance!

Congrats on your boy, and love [name]Graham[/name]!
I don’t think GPS is such an issue.
I maybe mildly prefer the sound of [name]Graham[/name] [name]Patrick[/name].
I like [name]David[/name] a little more just as a name though.
Maybe since [name]Daniel[/name] was after your grandfather, and also has
the D initial, it’s fair to go with [name]Patrick[/name].
At the same time, it’s maybe mildly strange for one child
to have a parent’s name when the other doesn’t, especially
when the firstborn doesn’t get it and then a secondborn does.
However, this is probably mostly me overthinking : D,
especially since [name]Hudson[/name] has another family middle.

Good luck as you decide! You’ll be fine either way.
My suggestion might be to consider your husband’s
and your dad’s middle names too?
I also like [name]Davis[/name] as an update to [name]David[/name] - [name]Graham[/name] [name]Davis[/name] is nice.

Good luck!

Thanks for your response :slight_smile: . Actually I should have mentioned my husband’s middle name is actually [name]David[/name]. So using [name]David[/name] would be my dad’s first name and my husband’s middle. I do however like the sound of [name]Patrick[/name] a little better. I will suggest [name]Davis[/name] to my husband too.

I think I like [name]Graham[/name] [name]David[/name] just a bit more, but both would be great choices! I personally tend to try to stay away from repeating sounds in names like the “[name]Ah[/name]” in [name]Graham[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name], but it doesn’t sound bat at all. Good luck deciding!

I think that since [name]David[/name] is both your father’s name AND your husband’s middle name, it’s totally fair to go with [name]David[/name]. I think [name]Graham[/name] [name]David[/name] has a very nice ring to it! Good luck!

Ahhhh well with that…[name]Graham[/name] [name]David[/name] is looking very nice : D. But [name]Patrick[/name] is a great choice too. Keep us posted!

[name]Both[/name] work, but I’m leaning more toward [name]David[/name]. And both boys would have their grandfathers’ names. (And both [name]Daniel[/name] and [name]David[/name] have the same beginning sound, so they’d have that in common without being obvious unless to those who knew their middle names.)

Other suggestions:
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]