Help! We can't decide on a name for our little boy due in July

Please help us with trying to decide on a name for our little boy. We are due [name]July[/name] 4 and can’t decide or agree on the right name for him. We like strong masculine not too trendy names, but nothing weird. My husband’s name is [name]Matthew[/name] and we have decided to use it as the middle name. Our top four are as follows:

[name]Park[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Grady[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Baker[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]

Thoughts or suggestions?

Not keen on [name]Park[/name] or [name]Baker[/name] because, to me, they are not names.
[name]Grady[/name] reminds me of [name]Paul[/name] O’[name]Grady[/name] - an English comedian, television presenter, actor, writer and radio DJ - but not someone I would want my child to have a ‘connection’ with in that way. Obviously if you’re not from the UK you might not have heard of him so won’t have than connotation.
Therefore, I think [name]Silas[/name] is your best option.

:slight_smile:

I don’t think [name]Baker[/name] sounds at all good, nor name-y; [name]Park[/name] flows better but I have never seen it as a name. [name]Parks[/name], perhaps?
[name]Silas[/name] & [name]Grady[/name] sound much better, but honestly a 1 or 3 syllable first name will sound best with [name]Matthew[/name] as a middle. What is your surname like?

Suggestions:

[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Callahan[/name]
[name]Calloway[/name]
[name]Eames[/name]
[name]Gaines[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Cadogan[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Remington[/name]
[name]Tennyson[/name]
Telesford
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Blaine[/name]
[name]Brant[/name]
[name]Forbes[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
Tierce

[name]Park[/name] and [name]Baker[/name] both sound like last names to me. What about [name]Parker[/name]? Or [name]Baxter[/name]? [name]Grady[/name] has always sounded like grainy to me. I really like [name]Silas[/name]. It feels like a cowboys name, has great history and holds a lot of substance.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Grady[/name] and [name]Silas[/name]!

The only name I like from your list is [name]Silas[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]. [name]Park[/name], [name]Baker[/name], and [name]Grady[/name] do not sound like names to me.

[name]Silas[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] is dashing!

What about [name]Parker[/name] [name]Matthew[/name], nickname [name]Park[/name]? I think it would sound less like a last name and more like a complete first name while still giving you the option of the name you like. Otherwise I like [name]Silas[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] of your options.