HELP!! We need help naming our twins.

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone,
We need your help, we are having twins and when we had our ultrasound unfortunately one of the babies had its legs crossed so we only know the gender of one of the babies. So we are having a girl and a surprise and we think we have decided on the name [name]Valli[/name] [name]Grace[/name] for her but are having trouble picking names for the other baby that will go with [name]Valli[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and have the same style, as we feel we can”t name him/her [name]Jane[/name] or [name]John[/name] if their sister is named [name]Valli[/name] but we don”t necessarily have to have the same initials.
Also we need to have a girl version as well as a boy version that matches [name]Valli[/name] [name]Grace[/name] as we don”t know if she will have a brother or sister.
I hope someone can help us as we are really struggling and feel we have hit a dead end.
Thanks [name]Jess[/name]

Is [name]Valli[/name] set in stone or are you still open to suggestions?
Is it going to be [name]Valli[/name] as the full name, or might [name]Valli[/name] be short for something else like [name]Valentina[/name]?
Where did this name come from? What style are you going for?
Is [name]Grace[/name] a family name? [name]Do[/name] you have any other family names you’d like to include?
Any other names/styles that you like or any other ideas for inspiration for the names?

I think [name]Valli[/name] is cute, and I’m not trying to sway you away from it if you are set on it; just trying to get the full picture before making suggestions.

I would say, though, that if it were me, while I do think [name]Valli[/name] is adorable, I probably wouldn’t use it as the full name because it might not age well. I also really like [name]Grace[/name], but I think it gets lost in the middle. I would change the combination to [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] (nn [name]Valli[/name]). This name also leaves plenty of freedom in naming the second twin girl in a similar style with a sweet, classic first name and something fun and daring in the middle.
For example:
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
(nn [name]Valli[/name] and [name]Goldie[/name])

For a boy, almost anything would work with [name]Grace[/name], but I would suggest something with a really fun nn to match [name]Valli[/name], such as [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name]
([name]Valli[/name] and [name]Fritz[/name])

If we went with it, it would just be [name]Valli[/name]. None of the names are family names just names we heard and liked. My husband has his heart set on [name]Valli[/name] I think but at the moment we are just really having a hard time with picking names out. We pick names out and the next week we don’t really like them but [name]Valli[/name] [name]Grace[/name] has been the one that has stuck. It is growing on me after hearing it more and more but I am stumped with girl or boy names that match, because we don’t have a theme or style that we want just something that will match and will sound good with [name]Valli[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

Sorry for some reason I only read the first bit and went back and read the rest (baby brain). I know what you mean about [name]Grace[/name] getting lost, I do actually really like the idea [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] because we still can call her [name]Valli[/name] but she still has a beautiful first name for official things. I also really like the idea of having a timeless first name and a funky middle name. You have given us something to think about.
As I said before we don”t really have a style so I guess we should start looking for classic boy/girl names for first names and names that match [name]Valentina[/name] for the middle name. Any suggestions.
I actually really like the name [name]Yves[/name] for a girl even though it is a boys name but I think it would be a nice middle name but then what first name would go with it. Oh this naming thing will send me insane, I don”t want to give them names that in the 30s they hate, it”s so hard!
But thankyou so much for the suggestions I really appreciate it I am really in love with [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] now.

Oh, I’m so glad to hear that you love [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]! I really love it too, and [name]Valli[/name] is an awesome nn for a little girl! I’ll come back in a little while with some more suggestions for you, and I’m sure others will be along soon too . . .

I just wanted to say that I am love-[name]Love[/name]-LOVING [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] AND [name]Anna[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]. Nice job, jlm!!!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] if it is another girl. Nicknames - [name]Valli[/name] and [name]Tori[/name].

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I like the middle name [name]Victoria[/name] which also works as it is a family name but I am not to sure about [name]Anna[/name]. I was thinking maybe something like [name]Lily[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] but I don’t know if that sounds that good together or go with [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name], what do you guys think? I also like [name]Ellie[/name] but this is more of a nickname I think.
Now I need to work on boys names that match, which I haven’t got a clue about.

[name]Valli[/name]- makes me think of [name]Valley[/name] mispelt or vallium the drug. I don’t like it sorry.

I actually really like [name]Lily[/name] [name]Victoria[/name].

Other options:

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Leila[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

It’s great that you like it, it has been growing on me more and more today, I think we have decided on [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] if it’s another girl (well for now anyway but as you all know everyday you find a new name you like better).
Does anyone have any suggestions if it’s a boy, we really haven’t got any ideas for boys names, I just want something that sounds great will [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]. Possibly the middle name to start with “V” I actually don’t normally like the whole same initial idea but for the middle name I think it would be nice if they both started with “V” but that idea is not set in stone, I am open to any name suggestions

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and opinions, we really appreciated them.

[name]Richard[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name] nn [name]Richie[/name] and [name]Vaughn[/name] is my all time favourite ‘V’ name.

[name]Hi[/name]! If you plan to go with [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name], I have sone suggestions!
For a girl:
” [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])
” [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])
” [name]Ellen[/name]/[name]Ellin[/name]/[name]Ellyn[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])
” [name]Elle[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name]).

For a boy:
” [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Vincent[/name]
” [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Victor[/name]
” Grayer [name]Vincent[/name]

… I thought a first name with a ‘V’ middle name would be great, or at least get some more ideas flowing for you! Best!!

I love [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] nn [name]Valli[/name]! I wasn’t sure if you wanted the
nickname to stem from the middle name with this twin too so I made the first and middle name (for the most part) nickname compatible. I’ve made a quick list for both genders that go well with it:

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] nn [name]Tori[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Veronica[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]/[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] nn [name]Georgie[/name]/[name]Vivi[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Violet[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Vi[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Vanessa[/name] nn [name]Nessa[/name]

I really, really love [name]Veronica[/name] nn [name]Vera[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Greyson[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] nn [name]Grey[/name]/[name]Vin[/name] or [name]Vinny[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Victor[/name] nn [name]Vic[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] nn [name]Lou[/name]/[name]Vin[/name] or [name]Vinny[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Victor[/name] nn [name]Vic[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name] Vaugh nn [name]Quin[/name]

[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] make a wonderful pair!
Also, you had mentioned liking the name [name]Yves[/name] for a girl, which I think is actually not at all odd, since [name]Yves[/name] is pronounced the same as [name]Eve[/name]. I was wondering if you had considered using [name]Eve[/name] as a first name if you have two girls.
[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Eve[/name] make a really great pair too, and while I do think I like [name]Lily[/name] slightly better than [name]Eve[/name] on their own, I think I prefer [name]Eve[/name] to [name]Lily[/name] as a twin sister to [name]Grace[/name] (but, of course, [name]Eve[/name] wouldn’t work with [name]Victoria[/name]). Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there as another possibility.

Also, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Victor[/name]!!!

I’m glad you’ve decided against the first name [name]Valli[/name] - instead using it as a nickname - because it honestly reminds me 1) of a valley, and 2) of the diet, [name]ALLI[/name]…

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] is very pretty, I must say. [name]Lily[/name] [name]Victoria[/name], alone, is pretty, but I think the pairing of [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] is a bit dated perhaps - I can’t put my finger on it. Personally, I would have gone with something a bit more interesting, but the name is very nice indeed. If you love it, then use it for your female twin! However, I will offer up some suggestions should you wish to peruse them:

[name]Ardin[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Cadence[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Carmen[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]

Some other V middle names that are Latin, like [name]Valentina[/name], are [name]Verity[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Vida[/name], [name]Virginia[/name], and [name]Vivian[/name].

Some twin pairs I really like are:

[name]Ardin[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Meris[/name] [name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Cadence[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Carmen[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Vida[/name]

To go with [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name], I might choose [name]Emma[/name] [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Clara[/name] [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Laura[/name] [name]Vivian[/name], or [name]Stella[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]…

Boy V middle names of Latin origin include [name]Vesper[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Victor[/name], and [name]Virgil[/name]…

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Anthony[/name] [name]Virgil[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] - [name]Ben[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Julian[/name] [name]Victor[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Maximilian[/name] [name]Vesper[/name] - [name]Max[/name]

Should you like other girl names, I would be more than happy to find corresponding male names for them!

Best of luck in naming your twins!

I think [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] or great. Kudos to the suggestion of funky middle names. But now, what if it is a boy!? You could plan on another ultra sound and hope he or she uncrosses his or her legs so you know for sure.

With [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]:

[name]James[/name] [name]Cassian[/name]/[name]Cassius[/name] (nn [name]Cass[/name])
[name]Adam[/name] [name]Finnian[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name])
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Vasili[/name] (nn [name]Vas[/name])
[name]Gage[/name] [name]Everett[/name] (nn Rett)

or as someone suggested [name]Victor[/name] as a middle name

I am having second thoughts about [name]Lily[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] but we like lanibelle’s suggestion of [name]Calla[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]. What do you all think? Does it go with [name]Grace[/name] and what are your opinions?
Still no closer to any boys names:(

I love the name [name]Calla[/name] but just wanted to mention that I don’t think you could call her [name]Calla[/name] if her sister is called [name]Valli[/name]. Would you plan to call them [name]Valli[/name] and [name]Tori[/name]? If I could be honest, I’m afraid the twin girls with nicknames that end in -i is a little dated and matchy and maybe babyish. [name]Valli[/name] makes me think of valley girls which also makes it seem dated, so together with another -i nickname is too much. I think [name]Calla[/name] could be a great name option for you, but maybe instead of [name]Valli[/name]? Or if you are set on [name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] nn [name]Valli[/name] then I think you have to skip [name]Calla[/name] as the name you call her and find a different middle so you don’t end up with [name]Valli[/name] and [name]Tori[/name].

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] nn [name]Valli[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] nn [name]Lisa[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Antonina[/name] nn [name]Nina[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Serafina[/name] nn [name]Sera[/name]
[name]Sage[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] nn [name]Mia[/name]/[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name]

Good luck!