HELP!! What do these names sound like when you hear them?

My husband and I haven’t foud a name that we like yet for this baby.We ave 4 girls already [name]Alexis[/name], [name]Brooklyn[/name], [name]Keegan[/name], and [name]Hailey[/name].This is our first boy so I was just wondering what some of these names sound like to people other than me so let me know what ya think.oh the middle name is DH’s first name so it will be alexander for the middle name.

cody

maddox

milo

cash

briston

jaxon

cody-sounds like a cowboy and sounds cool. He seems like he loves to ride horses and wears pointy-toed cowboy boots.

maddox-sounds trendy and kind of sophisticated. Also sounds like he’s in a bad mood all the time.

milo-love it. sounds cool, intelligent and slightly nerdy. I love slightly nerdy guys who are really smart and wear interesting-looking glasses. Sounds like he enjoys traveling. Could be an artist or a jazz musician.

cash-sounds like he’s way into money and like he has a bunch of coins in his pocket that are weighing him down.

briston-don’t like it. I think of brisket and Dristan.

jaxon- I like it spelled [name]Jackson[/name]. It is a fave of mine. [name]Love[/name] it!

cody-- definitely a cowboy. Also, I think it peeked in the 90s (when [name]Austin[/name] was uber-trendy too). This year I have a girl student named [name]Codi[/name], so that’s kind of messing with my perception.

maddox-- verrrrry popular as are most ‘x’ names. My friend has a little boy named [name]Maddox[/name]; it’s fine, but a little prep school for my tastes.

milo-- cool, kinda artsy but not out there, the kid that everyone likes

cash-- I’m down with [name]Cash[/name], being a fan of the singer, and [name]Cash[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] sounds quite manly.

briston-- feels made up, like you’re trying too hard to be cool

jaxon-- like [name]Susan[/name], I prefer the traditional spelling. [name]Jackson[/name] is also a cowboy… and a heartbreaker, too. I looove meeting men named [name]Jackson[/name]!

The ladies responded pretty much the same way as I would. another point I did want to make is that [name]Cody[/name] is a unisex name and I’d be inclined to stay away from it because he’s THE boy of the family.

I know you want to use your dh’s name as the mn. And this may sound odd, but the first thought was naming him [name]Zander[/name] or [name]Xander[/name]… yeah, as a first name. I’m guessing your dh usually goes by [name]Alex[/name]? So there’d be no confusion in the house.

Seriously, this just popped into my head so I thought I’d type it down, you know, just in case it’s something that might appeal to you.

(also, I think [name]Joshua[/name] goes nice with all the girls names)

[name]Cody[/name] - add me to the group who says “cowboy”. But he’s a dated cowboy, when I hear [name]Cody[/name], I think [name]Kathie[/name] [name]Lee[/name], and her [name]Cody[/name] has got to be at least a teenager by now!

[name]Maddox[/name] - Brangelina. [name]Maddox[/name] always strikes me as 'their name" if that makes any sense. I don’t like the looks of [name]Maddox[/name] either, all I see is mad- ox (and I know there’s an extra d). how about [name]Mannix[/name] as an alternative? [name]Manny[/name]'s a cooler nickname than anything you could get out of [name]Maddox[/name] and feels similar but doesn’t sound copycat-ish. [name]Just[/name] thinking. [name]Gannon[/name]'s another choice that might appeal to you instead. I actually don’t mind [name]Gannon[/name]! And [name]Gannon[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] sounds pretty spiffy.

[name]Milo[/name] - I like [name]Milo[/name]. He’s a bit nicknamey for me (I prefer [name]Miles[/name], nn [name]Milo[/name], myself) but he’s nice, stands well on a child or an adult and definitely feels masculine in that sea of girls you’ve got (that I envy so much)! :smiley: [name]Milo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] would be my choice, easily. I’m far more traditional a namer.

[name]Cash[/name] - I’m waffly on [name]Cash[/name]. I have [name]Cassius[/name] in my #4 spot, nn [name]Cash[/name] but think [name]Cash[/name] on it’s own is a bit desperate sounding. And [name]Cash[/name] [name]Warren[/name] doesn’t really inspire me much. But I can take him alright. And he does feel a bit cowboyish. And definitely male again, which is a big plus! I just prefer him as a nickname.

Briston - I agree with whomever said “feels try -too-hard” And Briston feels a bit girly too, what with [name]Bristol[/name] [name]Palin[/name] in the news. I’d pass, he makes my nose wrinkle badly.

[name]Jaxon[/name] - makes me think Claxon, which is what EMT/[name]Fire[/name]/Police guys have at home for when they’re on call but don’t have to be at the station. [name]Jackson[/name] makes me think of SG-1 ([name]Daniel[/name] [name]Jackson[/name], yummy!) or [name]Jackson[/name], NJ (where Six Flags is). I’d go with [name]John[/name], Nn [name]Jack[/name], myself (Like Pres. [name]Kennedy[/name]) But of the two, I’d rather [name]Jackson[/name], it looks a bit more polished and less trendy that way. It’ll age better.

Sorry I can’t be a bit more positive. I tried very hard to keep my mind open, your style and mine are literally polar opposites and I’m sure you’d have no fun looking at my lists!

I really like [name]Xander[/name] and [name]Zander[/name] for [name]Alexander[/name]. Great first name! It’s a good idea to give your only son who will be the youngest a manly name. [name]Joshua[/name] is nice. There are lots of choices. [name]Alexander[/name] is great.
[name]Favorite[/name] [name]Manly[/name] Names:
[name]Logan[/name]-would work well with the sisters’ names-hey, everybody, is [name]Logan[/name] pretty manly to you?
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Edward[/name], [name]Edwin[/name]

I really liked [name]Cody[/name] but then I read the reply about how it is a sort of unisex name now. I think that in a family of girls he should have a more masculine name. I like [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name](even if it is popular).

I like [name]Milo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] or [name]Cash[/name]/[name]Kash[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]