Help: What to name DD2

Please help we are running out of time to name our second daughter.

[name]Cordelia[/name] will be 14 months when her sister is born. We love her name, it suits her perfectly, my husband and I both chose it, and the response we have had to it has been lovely. She has no middle name and so her initials are CK.

We have gone through thousands of baby names. Many we have liked we have turned down because of family connections or not working with [name]Cordelia[/name].

There are a few still we like but not 100% on - please help by giving your opinions and suggestions:
[name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] or [name]Harrietta[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] (have concerns about initial FK)
[name]Matilda[/name] (rather popular in Australia)
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]

Hubby also likes [name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Meredith[/name]

Thanks for your help!

From your list, I like [name]Beatrix[/name] the best. I think she’s a great name, and goes really well with [name]Cordelia[/name].

I also really like [name]Matilda[/name], but I think she gives off a different vibe to [name]Cordelia[/name].

What about [name]Alexandrine[/name] rather than [name]Alexandra[/name]?

[name]Cordelia[/name] is adorable!

I like [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] with [name]Cordelia[/name]! I wouldnt really worry about FK as the initials…
I want to like [name]Jemima[/name] but I can get over the Aunt [name]Jemima[/name] Syrup thing…

What about…

[name]Annelise[/name]
[name]Eleanor/name
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]

[name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] sound like a perfect match to me!

You have a lovely list!
They are all fab names and go really well with Cordeila!
[name]Beatrice[/name] gets my vote though! It is not too popular (common) it has a diff start and ending and sounds fab with [name]Cordelia[/name] (FK perhaps not a good way to go in [name]OZ[/name] eh)!?

I like [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Meredith[/name].

I think [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Meredith[/name] sound like sisters. Definitely my choice.

I take it that you are an Aussie?

If so [name]Matilda[/name] makes a very pleasing choice. [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name].

What about [name]Isla[/name]? [name]Isla[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name].

[name]Jemima[/name] nn of [name]Mimi[/name] is just gorgeous [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Jean[/name].

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name]

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Phillipa[/name]

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] nn [name]Harry[/name]

[name]Geraldine[/name] [name]Poesy[/name]

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

[name]Margot[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]

[name]Dana[/name] [name]Cleo[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Beverly[/name]

[name]Pamela[/name] [name]Iris[/name]

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Marion[/name]

rollo

I absolutely adore [name]Cordelia[/name]! What a beautiful name your daughter has. With it, I think [name]Beatrix[/name] (or even [name]Beatrice[/name]) is a perfect match. They have similar styles and popularity, I would think (at least here in [name]America[/name]–I wouldn’t know about Australia, sorry!). I also love [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name], but I don’t think they work as beautifully with [name]Cordelia[/name] as [name]Beatrix[/name] does.

[name]Do[/name] you plan on using no MN for this child, as well? I don’t want to make suggestions if they’re unnecessary, lol.

Good luck!

[name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Beatrice[/name]- [name]Beatrice[/name]. Everybody gets mad at me when I say this, but I think [name]Beatrix[/name] is trying too hard. [name]Beatrice[/name] is sweet, simple, classic, and lovely.
[name]Harriet[/name] or [name]Harrietta[/name]- I prefer [name]Harriet[/name]. I think it’s a sweet name and fits well with [name]Cordelia[/name]. [name]Harrietta[/name] seems weird to me; I keep wanting to read it as [name]Henrietta[/name]. But if you like that, maybe you’ll also like [name]Marietta[/name]? I love that name.
[name]Felicity[/name] (have concerns about initial FK)- She’ll have three initials, it’s not a huge deal. I love this name. It’s hands down my favorite on the list.
[name]Matilda[/name] (rather popular in Australia)- Not my favorite. I find it very clunky and awkward. [name]Cordelia[/name] has the same king of vibe, but it’s much more graceful. That “tild” sound really ruins the name for me.
[name]Clementine[/name]- Oh my darlin’. This name is completely unusable to me because of the song and the oranges. I don’t know if the song is a thing in Australia, though, so it could certainly be usable there.
[name]Jemima[/name]- Like [name]Clementine[/name], a huge association-this is 100% Aunt to me, but in Australia that may not be a big deal.

Hubby also likes [name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Meredith[/name]- I love [name]Alexandra[/name] and it’s got amazing nickname potential. I wouldn’t do [name]Meredith[/name] as a first name with [name]Cordelia[/name] because it’s technically unisex and [name]Cordelia[/name] is so frilly, but maybe as a middle

Top choices: [name]Felicity[/name] by a mile, then [name]Beatrice[/name], then [name]Harriet[/name].
Other names you may like: [name]Marietta[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Augusta[/name]/[name]Augustina[/name], [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Virginia[/name], [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Paulina[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Eleanor/name

[name]Cordelia[/name] & [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] & [name]Harriet[/name]

Those are my favourites; they’re so beautiful and go together really well!

{BTW, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]! So happy to hear it used by someone}

Beautiful names. You have very similar taste to me. They are all high on my list for our fourth girl, due soon. I love [name]Jemima[/name], and I think it goes beautifully with [name]Cordelia[/name], (the playschool association here in Australia used to worry me but my eldest daughter had a friend [name]Jemima[/name] and I didn’t think of her as a rag doll at all…lol). [name]Beatrice[/name] would be my second fave with [name]Cordelia[/name]. I think [name]Felicity[/name] is and [name]Cordelia[/name] is a lovely combination too, but I see your point about FK…could definitely be a problem :wink:

I think [name]Cordelia[/name] works well with all of your names-- although if [name]Matilda[/name] is popular in Australia, then maybe not so much with that one there. From other people’s suggestions above, I like [name]Frances[/name], [name]Augusta[/name], [name]Paulina[/name], [name]Eleanor/name, [name]Pamela[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], and [name]Gemma[/name]. A few other suggestions that I think also fit well: [name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Lavinia[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Isadora[/name], [name]Tabitha[/name], [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Philippa[/name].

I love [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name] as a sibling for [name]Cordelia[/name]! They have that old fashioned, quirky, British feel. I think they go wonderfully together.

• [name]Athena[/name]