Help with 1st name! ____ Ray Wilson

We had a girl’s name chosen, and couldn’t agree on a boys name, of coarse we just found out we are having a boy! I have a list that we both agree on (at least for today!) Please help with you opinions! Middle name will be [name]Ray[/name] and surname is [name]Wilson[/name]. Our other children are [name]Madalyn[/name] [name]Reid[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Edgar[/name]. Everyone was very helpful when I first posted before we knew.

[name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Xander[/name]/[name]Zander[/name]

I’m partial to [name]Leo[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], or [name]Simon[/name] as a brother to [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Madalyn[/name].

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Wilson[/name] is a little bit choppy, and a little bit “[name]Sugar[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Leonard[/name]” but could be a great name.
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Wilson[/name], a.k.a., [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]…I think this one is my favorite.
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]…the long i sound in the first clashes with the short i sound in the last (i.e., [name]Simon[/name] [name]Wilson[/name] looks like it should sound like Simmon [name]Wilson[/name]), but still a very good name.

I like [name]Hugo[/name]!

My favourite is [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Wilson[/name] too!

I also like [name]Felix[/name], [name]Ian[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Simon[/name] & [name]Xander[/name], altough I think [name]Ian[/name], [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Simon[/name] work best with your sibset.
[name]Crosby[/name], [name]Dante[/name] & [name]Sawyer[/name] not so much

my faves are hugo and xander

I like them in this order:
[name]Felix[/name]: Uncommon, has a wonderful meaning and goes great with the other siblings and the middle and surname.
[name]Hugo[/name]: Uncommon and interesting. Also goes well with siblings.
[name]Ian[/name]: Short but still has two syllables and goes ok with the middle and last names. I like this name and find it very underused.
[name]Sawyer[/name]: A little trendy, but very likeable. Kind runs into the middle name though.
[name]Leo[/name]: Likeable, not my favorite on your list though.
[name]Dante[/name]: Doesn’t seem to match siblings’ names or middle and surname. I still like it though.
[name]Xander[/name]/[name]Zander[/name]: I prefer [name]Alexander[/name]. It seems less trendy and more classic. Easier to grow into.
[name]Simon[/name]: I never cared for this name. Not my cup of tea.
[name]Crosby[/name]: I watch hockey, so it just reminds me of [name]Sidney[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]. Not a bad thing, but not a name I would choose.

I like [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Xander[/name], but [name]Xander[/name] flows the best with [name]Ray[/name].

I think [name]Simon[/name] fits best. I also like [name]Felix[/name] with the sibset.

The others done have the classic feel that your other kids names have or are too nicknamey. [name]Do[/name] you like any of the full names to get to [name]Leo[/name]? I love [name]Leopold[/name] for instance. Theres [name]Leon[/name], [name]Leonidas[/name], [name]Leonard[/name], [name]Leonardo[/name]?

I like the shortest names with [name]Ray[/name]:
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Leon[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Wilson[/name] would be great too.

[name]Ray[/name] is so… elemental. [name]Wilson[/name] is a bit heavy and square. I think [name]Ian[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] emphasize the grace of [name]Ray[/name] and deemphasize the slight clunk of [name]Wilson[/name].

Thank you for the input so far!

• 1234plus1 I don’t care for nicknames, I prefer to name a child what I intend to call it. ([name]Charlie[/name] is my stepson, so I had no say with him). I realize that doesn’t always happen, but its just my preference.

We also have added 1 more name- [name]Dalton[/name] (family name)

Also a couple questions:

Are [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Dalton[/name] to rhyming with our surname?

Does the R in [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Xander[/name] run into [name]Ray[/name] too much?

I think you should avoid a first name that ends with R (runs into [name]Ray[/name] -i.e. [name]Xander[/name] [name]Ray[/name]) or N (rhymes with [name]Wilson[/name]- i.e. [name]Dalton[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]).

Your choices therefore:

[name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]

[name]Leo[/name] sound choppy to my ear, unfortunately; [name]Dante[/name] & [name]Ray[/name] rhyme.

Leaving:

[name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]

For sheer moxie, I really like [name]Crosby[/name]. It’s cool, and [name]Crosby[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Wilson[/name] is just an awesome name. Kind of Southern glam rockstar cool. I wonder if it would leave [name]Charles[/name] feeling a little plain though?

[name]Hugo[/name] flows beautifully into [name]Ray[/name]-- I like that vowel ending ([name]Felix[/name] [name]Ray[/name] works, but it’s a little more choppy).

[name]Crosby[/name] is cooler than [name]Hugo[/name], but [name]Hugo[/name] matches [name]Madalyn[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] better.

I must say I don’t like the short ones ([name]Ian[/name] & [name]Leo[/name]) with a mn of [name]Ray[/name], I feel like the little guy needs more letters than that, though those two do sound nice with the other children. [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Simon[/name] would be my favorites, though it just depends if you think [name]Simon[/name] is too close to your surname. [name]Just[/name] in case that is true let’s say my vote is for [name]Hugo[/name]. Good luck! =]

From your list, I like:

[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]

I do like the name [name]Dalton[/name], but [name]Dalton[/name] [name]Wilson[/name] is a bit more repetitive in sound than I could go for.

My top pick is: [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Madalyn[/name] & [name]Felix[/name]! [name]Felix[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Wilson[/name] is great.
Second choice: [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Madalyn[/name] & [name]Ian[/name].
Third choice: [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Madalyn[/name] & [name]Simon[/name].

[name]Sawyer[/name] & [name]Zander[/name] - the ending “r” runs into “[name]Ray[/name]”
[name]Hugo[/name] & [name]Leo[/name] - also somehow seem to run into the middle name for me, but are good on their own. Prefer [name]Hugo[/name] to [name]Leo[/name], more distinctive.
[name]Dante[/name] - [name]Dante[/name] [name]Ray[/name], no no.
[name]Crosby[/name] - Cute especially if you are hockey or folk rock fans but I think other names on your list complement the siblings better.

Good luck to you!