Help with a boy's name!

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like best?

Respondents: 68 (This poll is closed)

• Caleb : 22 (18%)
  • Elias : 18 (15%)
  • Gabriel : 22 (18%)
  • Kieran (pronounced key-AIR-an) : 1 (1%)
  • Jerome : 4 (3%)
  • Ephraim : 10 (8%)
  • Philip : 12 (10%)
  • Silas : 20 (17%)
  • Jameson: 10 (8%)

None of those are bad choices whatsoever, it just depends what sort of imagery and vibe you’d like your son’s name to cast.

Homespun and biblical:

[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Ephraim[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]

Slick and Saintly:

[name]Jerome[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]

Modern:

[name]Kieran[/name] with that pronunciation
[name]Jameson[/name]

I love the second group and my favorite was [name]Elias[/name].

I don’t really think you can go too far wrong with any of these. WIth respect to [name]Kieran[/name], I don’t think you’ll necessarily be able to get people to adhere to that pronunciation. I think most people will just go with [name]KEER[/name]-an. Once kids hit school, lots of people are reading their names off of lists, and the path of least resistance tends to be followed.

I love [name]Kieran[/name] pronounced properly, like its Irish origin ([name]Ciaran[/name]), but that way of saying it (which yeah, you’d end up having to repeat a lot) nixes it for me. I love [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] though.

[name]Phillip[/name], [name]Silas[/name], and [name]Elias[/name] are definitely my favorites. You’ve got a great list, I like most of your names.

[name]Silas[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Phillip[/name] [name]Jerome[/name]
[name]Elias[/name] [name]Ephraim[/name]

My two favorites are [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Philip[/name].

[name]Silas[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] are my favorites from your list.

I voted for [name]Caleb[/name]. The rest are either too modern or slick (imho, it’s your baby! :slight_smile: ) and [name]Gabriel[/name] sounds too close to [name]Gabrielle[/name]. Go [name]Caleb[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Kieran[/name] would have gotten my vote if it was pronounced properly. I love [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Elias[/name] and [name]Philip[/name]. They all got my vote.

[name]Phillip[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] are my favs. I also would love [name]Kieran[/name] if you were prn the classic way.

I love [name]Kieran[/name] pronounced properly, [name]Keer[/name]-an. I have never seen your pronunciation. I voted for [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], and [name]Phillip[/name] instead.

I would have voted for [name]Kieran[/name] if it was pronounced [name]Keer[/name]-an, but Key-[name]AIR[/name]-an just sounds really off to me. I voted for [name]Philip[/name], though I quite like [name]Jerome[/name] too (prefer [name]Jeremy[/name] though).

1 [name]Elias[/name]
2 [name]Silas[/name]
3 [name]Jerome[/name]
4 [name]Gabriel[/name]
5 [name]Philip[/name]
6 [name]Caleb[/name]
7 [name]Ephraim[/name]
8 [name]Jameson[/name]
9 [name]Kieran[/name]

Thanks so much! I like the different groups that you made, and I think the modern names are actually our least favorite of the bunch! [name]Just[/name] wondering, would you pronounce [name]Elias[/name] as e-[name]LEE[/name]-ahs (like saying the letters L-E-S) or e-LIE-es?