Help with a name

[name]Hi[/name], I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I’m not having a kid, I actually need change my name. I’m transgendered female-to-male (I’d rather you didn’t post if you’re going to preach to me about it) and I’m kind of at a loss for a name for me. I’ve considered [name]Trevor[/name] and [name]Simon[/name], but I’m not really in love with either one of them. So, I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas. My birth name is [name]Hailey[/name] if that matters and looks wise, I have spiky black hair, dark eyes, I’m 5’6 and not gonna grow any and I wear pretty big glasses.

I’m just going to post my list of favorite boy names, and maybe you can point out things you like, and will be able to pinpoint what your taste is. I think when you’re first setting out to pick a name it’s best to try to take in as many as you can at first because you might discover something you had no idea you liked. For example, before I got on this sight, I never would have expected myself to be choosing [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] for my sons, but participating and reading here will really fine tune what your tastes are.

I actually really like [name]Simon[/name], but I’m not big on [name]Trevor[/name]. It’s not a bad name, it’s just kind of blah to me I guess. Also, I doubt you’ll have to worry about anyone trying to bash you. People (mostly women) here are extremely, almost to the point of being weirdly, polite. That and nameberry has a policy about not discussing politics or religion, so anyone who does have an issue most likely look the other way. Plus I’ve noticed several gay couples on here in the few months I’ve been active, and I’ve never seen anyone trying to give them any grief. I wouldn’t consider this a GLBT hostile environment. Good luck with the name picking! :slight_smile:

Anyway here goes, parenthesis indicate nicknames that I feel need a full name behind them:

[name]Abram[/name] ([name]Abe[/name], [name]Bram[/name])
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] ([name]Artie[/name], [name]Art[/name])
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]August[/name] ([name]Gus[/name])
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Christopher[/name] ([name]Kit[/name])
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Frank[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] ([name]Fred[/name])
[name]Gene[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] ([name]Hank[/name])
[name]Homer[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] ([name]Ike[/name])
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leander[/name] ([name]Leo[/name])
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name], [name]Nat[/name])
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name] ([name]Ray[/name])
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name], [name]Teddy[/name])
[name]Timothy[/name] ([name]Tim[/name])
[name]Thomas[/name] ([name]Tom[/name])
[name]Valentin[/name]
[name]Walter[/name] ([name]Walt[/name], [name]Wally[/name])
[name]William[/name] ([name]Bill[/name])
[name]Wyatt[/name]

I totally agree with triceratops regarding [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Trevor[/name]. I love the name [name]Simon[/name]! [name]Trevor[/name] is very blah and dated to me.

I really like [name]Ari[/name], I hope you consider that one!
I also like [name]Asher[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name].

Have you considered choosing a name based on its meaning? I think it would be wonderful to have that special bond with your name due to its meaning. Any inspiration?

[name]Simon[/name] is a very smart and attractive name! [name]Trevor[/name] is just kinda plain and average to me though. [name]How[/name] old are you? I only ask because it might be helpful in picking a name that coincides with when you were born.

Here are some timeless names that could fit anyone:
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]

Here’s some of my favorite boy’s names, if there’s any that you like:

[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]

[name]How[/name] do you see yourself/want others to see you? For instance, [name]Simon[/name] strikes me as a very smart, very introspective man. Does that sound like you? If you’re the creative type, maybe a name like [name]Hugo[/name] or [name]Beckett[/name] would suit you. If you’re outgoing, bold and fun-loving - maybe something like [name]Jack[/name] or [name]Mack[/name] (one of my favorites). If you’re more laid-back and casual, [name]Sam[/name] or [name]Gus[/name] or [name]Hank[/name] might fit. That’s the cool thing about picking your own name… there’s no guesswork involved - you can pick the name that fits the person.

[name]Just[/name] out of curiousity, are you looking for something completely different from your birth name? I really like the idea of keeping a similiar sound or meaning to your birth name, but idk if that would be an issue for you. Something like Halen or [name]Hayden[/name].