help with "A" names

We are considering the names [name]Aurora[/name] or [name]Augustus[/name] for our firstborn, with the hope that they eventually will become a part of a sibset. What are your opinions of these names, both individually as well as siblings? also, what nicknames would you use and do those nicknames work together as well? We would really like to keep with names that start with “A” and these are the only two that keep coming up, but I have recently been worried that i have been overthinking these options, so honest opinions would be appreciated!

Ooh, I adore A names, and especially [name]Aurora[/name]! [name]Augustus[/name] is fantastic too! :smiley:

Nicknames for [name]Aurora[/name]: My favourite is [name]Rory[/name], but you could also try [name]Aura[/name], [name]Ro[/name], or Rah-Rah (yes I’ve heard that one before!).
Nicknames for [name]Augustus[/name]: [name]Gus[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name]!), [name]Augie[/name], or [name]August[/name]. Can’t think of a heap, but my favourite is [name]Gus[/name] by far!

Some other A names you may like to consider:

[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Alessia[/name]
Alora

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Anders[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]

I love the names !
Nickname for [name]Aurora[/name] could be [name]Rory[/name] (:
Nicknames for [name]Augustus[/name] could be Auggie, [name]Gus[/name], [name]August[/name]…

[name]Amanda[/name] (I am sorta partial (; )
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Annmarie[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Alison[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
Aribella
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Audriana[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Alma[/name]

[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]

Need I contunue ? (:

Ha, but I love the names you have ! (:

I love the names !
Nickname for [name]Aurora[/name] could be [name]Rory[/name] (:
Nicknames for [name]Augustus[/name] could be Auggie, [name]Gus[/name], [name]August[/name]…

[name]Amanda[/name] (I am sorta partial (; )
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Annmarie[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Alison[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
Aribella
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Audriana[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Alma[/name]

[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]

Need I contunue ? (:

Ha, but I love the names you have ! (:

[name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Augustus[/name] are absolutely lovely. If they become a sibset, I hope you don’t feel obligated to keep the AU- name.

[name]Aurora[/name], [name]Augustus[/name], Auriana, [name]Auden[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Audra[/name]

You could always do two AU and then another ‘pair’
[name]Aurora[/name], [name]Augustus[/name], [name]Abbott[/name] and [name]Abel[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name], [name]Augustus[/name], [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Adam[/name]
ETC.

Some of my “A” favorites:

[name]Abilene[/name] (if you are planning on a little cowgirl)
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name] (if you are that type)
[name]Alabama[/name]
[name]Alcott[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name] (I know. I know. Most berries don’t like it, but I always think of adorable character in “[name]Hitch[/name].”)
[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Anais[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Apple[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Ariela[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Arley[/name]
[name]Asia[/name]
[name]Atlanta[/name]
[name]Autry[/name] (if you are planning on a little cowboy)
[name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]

Whew! I hadn’t realized how hot “A” names are!

Thanks so much for all of the help!

I was worried that I had been looking at and loving those names so much that they maybe weren’t as great as I had become to think of them as.

I really [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Archer[/name], but our last name is also two syllables and ends in -r so it was automatically out.

also, [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name] were on the short list, but [name]Aurora[/name] just calls to me more. (I also like the ancient theme that [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Augustus[/name] share).

As the mom of an “[name]Asher[/name]”, I’m obviously partial to it (and may I add that he’s 10 and HE loves it!)

Had he been a girl, we seriously considered “[name]Anais[/name]”. Maybe that’d work for you.

Good luck.