Help with a school project?

So, I’m kind of doing that ‘take-care-of-an-egg-and-pretend-its-a-baby’ thing, but morphed slightly. I need a fn/mn combo, one for a boy, and one for a girl. Here are the two I like most. I’m not being graded on the names, but I really like them, and may use them on characters (or, fifteen, twenty-ish years down the road, a real kid?). So can I get some thoughts on…

Ellanor Jenevra, nn [name]Jennie[/name]

and

[name]Nico[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]

Thanks, everyone! :slight_smile:

Interesting project!

Ellanor Jenevra nn. [name]Jenna[/name]- I think you should just spell it [name]Eleanor[/name]. Ellanor is very trendee, and if you aren’t going to use the nickname [name]Ella[/name], it doesn’t make sense. Is Jenevra supposed to be like [name]Genevra[/name]? I think if you’re going to use the nickname [name]Jennie[/name], just use [name]Genevra[/name] (or Jenevra).

[name]Nico[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]- This is alright. Not my favorite, but it’s not terribel. [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Nico[/name] would be nice.

[name]Hope[/name] that wasn’t too harsh.

• [name]Athena[/name]

Thanks! I used the order of the second because of the number of syllables in my last name; I thought it would flow better.

I agree, Ellanor Jenevra is very pretty and classic in sound but the spelling is confusing and not timeless. [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Genevra[/name] looks very nice. I’m fine with you calling her [name]Jenny[/name], but [name]Jenny[/name] is more intuitive with [name]Genevra[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] or something similar (i.e. the [name]Jenny[/name] name in front). I have no problem with a [name]Genevra[/name] being a [name]Jenny[/name] not a [name]Genny[/name], it’s like Catherines sometimes spell their nn [name]Kate[/name] not [name]Cate[/name]. But if you do, then maybe go with Jenevra, although I’d recommend [name]Genevra[/name] nn [name]Genny[/name] more.

[name]Nico[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] is pretty cool! I’m not the biggest [name]Atticus[/name] fan (I mean I love the sound, and the character, but it’s very trendy), but in the middle that doesn’t matter as much. [name]Nico[/name] I love : D. If you like this combo you might consider the bold fn [name]Nicodemus[/name], and then a different middle. [name]Nicholas[/name] too with a different middle is another option. [name]Nicodemus[/name] Adler, [name]Nicholas[/name] Adler?

Good luck with the egg project : D!