Help with a Sister Set?

About the [name]Mallory[/name] family: They come from an old money. The mom is very conscious of appearances and the dad is intellectual type. My main character is the twin sister of the youngest (separated at birth and raised by her travel journalist aunt). Her name is [name]Cairo[/name] so I don”t want anything with a C, otherwise would have loved to use [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Clara[/name]. I really want these names to be the complete opposite of [name]Cairo[/name], especially for her twin.

Eldest [name]Sister[/name] ” 21 years old. Wavy brown hair and green eyes. She”s ultra feminine, a day dreamer and hopeless romantic. Something like: [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Nora[/name] [name]Philippa[/name].

Middle [name]Sister[/name] ” 18 years old. [name]Long[/name] straight brownish hair and hazel eyes. A tomboy and trouble maker. Boy crazy and the bad girl of the family. Something feminine with a boy-ish nickname: [name]Julianne[/name]/[name]Julianna[/name] ”[name]Jules[/name]" [name]Adrianna[/name] ”[name]Dree[/name]” [name]Georgia[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name] ”[name]Georgie[/name]” [name]Jacqueline[/name] ”Jacks”

Twin [name]Sister[/name] ” 16 years old. Pale and sickly, light blonde hair and brown eyes. She”s seen as fragile but finds strength throughout the novel. Something delicate: [name]Ariella[/name] ”[name]Arie[/name] or [name]Ella[/name]” [name]Elodie[/name] ”[name]Elle[/name]” [name]Emmeline[/name] ”[name]Emmy[/name]” [name]Lilliana[/name] ”[name]Lily[/name]”

Thought? Suggestions?
Thanks!!

You have the right idea here - picking names to fit the circumstances, rather than the character.

I think [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] make a great sibset for an “old money” family. I can see them going by “[name]Mia[/name], [name]Gigi[/name] and [name]Emmie[/name]” at home, and as “[name]Amy[/name], [name]Georgie[/name] and Emm” to non-family members.

My picks not from that list would be [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Phillipa[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] (called “[name]Beth[/name] / [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Pippa[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name]/[name]Cathy[/name]” by their parents, known as “[name]Elle[/name], [name]Pip[/name] / [name]Phil[/name] / [name]Philly[/name] and [name]Kate[/name]” to others). Or, [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Mary[/name].

Oooh thank you! I really love [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name].

Which set is best?
[name]Amelia[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name] and [name]Lucienne[/name] “[name]Beth[/name], [name]Jac[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]”
[name]Miranda[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] “[name]Romy[/name]” and [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Juliette[/name] “[name]Jett[/name]” and [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] “[name]Cate[/name], [name]Jac[/name] and [name]Beth[/name]”

Any other combos that work better?

[name]Amelia[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Juliette[/name] “[name]Jett[/name]” and [name]Annabel[/name] are the best, I think :slight_smile: