Help with a starting point

Hello berries! [name_m]New[/name_m] to the community and this is my first post.
I need help with a starting point for finding a middle name for [name_m]Ivo[/name_m]. [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] is a family name I’ve always wanted to give my son, luckily my girlfriend loves it too. However we are stuck on finding a middle name. We have talked about:

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is her grandmas maiden name, I love it she is not a fan so this is out.

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Asher[/name_m]
She loves [name_m]Asher[/name_m], I’m not a fan.

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] ([name_m]Robert[/name_m] is her dads name)
Not sure how others perceive this one so I’d like an outsiders perspective.

Are there any other middle names you think would work well with [name_m]Ivo[/name_m]?

I think [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] sounds great.

I think [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] sounds the best actually. It has a nice mix of unique and traditional. I also really like [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]. I like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]’ meaning, and it has a smooth, jazzy vibe to me. In case any of that helps sway your partner… :slight_smile: Good luck!

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] sounds great- nicely balanced, the classic [name_m]Robert[/name_m] nicely grounds the unusual [name_m]Ivo[/name_m]

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Harris[/name_m], or [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Dante[/name_m]?

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] is so cool by the way!

I like [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]. It’s nicely balanced.

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] is really cool!

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is my favourite combo, I really love the balance of quirky and traditional, plus it’s a double family name, which is always a bonus.

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though I love it in this combo, I’m not the biggest fan of [name_m]Robert[/name_m]. However I love the Scottish and Germanic variants, [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] and [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. Would you consider [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] or [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] as an alternative? I think both are gorgeous!

Thanks for the feedback! I wasn’t really sure about how [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] would be received but it sounds like by your replies it has good universal appeal.

A big fan of [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], maybe with emskys positive point I can suade a little more :slight_smile: I haven’t seen [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]'s meaning so I’ll definitely into that.

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_u]Garcia[/name_u] sounds like the roundhouse pick. But ew314 I love [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]! Never thought of it before.

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is a great balance of adventurous and classic.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] curious, is [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] prn eye vo or ee vo?

In our family, those who speak mostly Spanish will pronounce it say it ee vo. Most people in our family are now forth and fifth generation American and they all pronounce or eye vo, we’ll use the two interchangeably. Appreciate you asking for the distinction! Most people don’t know :slight_smile: