Help with adopted daughter's name

Ok, we are adopting our foster daughter (infant) so we need to pick a new name

Her current name is [name]Audrey[/name] which I would like to move to her middle name…but I can’t seem to find ANYTHING that goes with [name]Audrey[/name] as a middle name. I cannot find anything that flows.

Safety concerns make the change necessary, but we also want to honor her history and birth parent’s wishes…but this is tough!

If it helps I like unique but not trendy names. Given a choice of any name in the world I would pick [name]Emerson[/name] or [name]Sloan[/name] (but the whole [name]Grey[/name]'s Anatomy phenomenon made that not so likely :lol:).

Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

I’m at a loss because I don’t watch TV. Is there a character somewhere named [name]Emerson[/name]? Because I really like [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]. Thinking…thinking…thinking.

As soon as I post, it will some to me.

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]

No tv character that I’m aware of. I heard it somewhere and when I asked the lady she had chosen it because she is a poetry fan ([name]Ralph[/name] [name]Waldo[/name] [name]Emerson[/name]). Told my hubby and he loved it. We also both liked it because it can be shortened to Eme ([name]Emy[/name]).

[name]Emerson[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] might be what we go with…We have thus far honored family with the middle name, so we would like to throw [name]Lynn[/name] in there for my husband’s mother.

Hey, if you can go with [name]Emerson[/name], as far as I’m concerned, your problem is solved! :smiley: I’m very fond of that name, and I don’t usually go for unisex or last names first! Either [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] or [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] works.

[name]Just[/name] to toss into the mix:
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]
[name]Lake[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]
[name]Madigan[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]

I think the trick is that one or three syllables work with [name]Audrey[/name], but not usually two. BUT, just to be the exception to the rule:
[name]Bronte[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]

[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]
[name]Addison[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] (If you are the [name]Addison[/name] type.)