Help with baby #2's name please!

My son’s name is [name]Reuben[/name] and we totally love it but I am at a loss as to which of our choices for this baby (due in the fall-its a girl) sound best with his name. We love both [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lilah[/name]/[name]Lila[/name] (haven’t decided on spelling). We just can’t seem to pick one and I would love to get one picked so we can start using it around the house to get our son used to it (he is 2). HELP!

I think they are both great with [name]Reuben[/name]! I can’t decide for you.

Good suggestions to deciding might be to write it down over and over with your last name. [name]Say[/name] each out loud with your last name. One of the “tricks” I like to use when I am offering opinions in these threads is to think of the first and last name together as a schoolmate and then maybe how their name sounds if you are calling them up for a job interview. No matter how much you like a name by itself or in full first-middle-last rhythm, they will go by their first and last name most of the time and one might sound a lot better than the other in that everyday context.

[name]Even[/name] flipping a coin will help you decide - if you say heads is [name]Violet[/name] and tails is [name]Lila[/name] and it comes up heads, you will know if you are glad of the outcome or wish for the other side of the coin to come up - know more firmly which you liked best deep inside, and go with that one (despite which side the coin fell on).

[name]Even[/name] if you do commit to one, you have some time. [name]Don[/name]'t worry if your son gets used to the name and then you decide the other one later. He will get over it, and you’ll use the name you like better. :slight_smile:

Is there a middle name? Can you use them both as a first and middle name? Are you planning on more children - you can use the second choice later for a girl. If you like [name]Violet[/name] slightly better and your spouse prefers [name]Lila[/name] slightly better so that you can’t agree, just be glad they are both nice names and that you narrowed it down to a final 2 at this point. I am slightly more in favor of [name]Lila[/name] or [name]Lilah[/name] than [name]Violet[/name] if that’s really what you’re after is people’s opinions, but they are both nice names.

I think both [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are really pretty. With [name]Reuben[/name], I’d personally go with [name]Lila[/name], but that’s just my personal preference. Either way, I honestly don’t think you can go wrong! :slight_smile:

More floral names:

[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile: