Help with Baby Boy names! (Jude, Warren, Becket...etc.)

Last night we found out we are having a baby BOY! I am so jazzed! However, I had a long list of baby girl names that I absolutely adored, and a very short list of boy names I still don’t feel sold on. There are a few that have grown on me that I’m leaning toward, but I’d love some input.

My husband and his father both have the middle name Patrick, so it is likely that will be our son’s middle name. Not concrete on that though.
Warren was my paternal grandfather’s name and Alexander was a surname on my mom’s side, so I’ve thought about incorporating one of those in some way.

I prefer to stay away from overused or too popular, but at the same time don’t want it to be so unique that it looks try-hard, trendy, or tacky.
I tend to like classic, older names, but a lot of them I like are either so popular now or there are too many of them in our immediate family ([name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m]).

I like the name [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Storer, but my mom, dad, and mother-in-law are unimpressed by it. That’s made me second guess it.
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] used to be at the top of my list, but I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Warren[/name_m] are my current favorites, now.

If you’ve got any suggestions that go well with the surname Storer, please share!!!

Jude [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Storer
(I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] might be my favorite first name at the moment, but I’m not sure how well it flows with [name_m]Patrick[/name_m])

Warren [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Storer

Beckett [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Storer

Ezra [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Storer

Alexander [name_m]Warren[/name_m] Storer (nickname [name_u]Lex[/name_u])
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Storer

Zion Storer

Colin [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Storer
[name_m]Colin[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Storer

Atticus Storer

Ansel Storer

Atlas Storer

Arden Storer

Afton Storer

Axton Storer

Boden Storer (nickname [name_m]Bodie[/name_m]/Bodhi)

Bauer Storer

Monroe Storer

Oscar Storer

(I LOVE [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] Storer, but [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is ranked #3 right now. Not sure I can deal with a name that popular)

Whitaker Storer
[name_m]Whittaker[/name_m] Storer
(nickname [name_u]Whit[/name_u]/Whitt)

Gavin Storer

Griffin Storer

Adler Storer

Ledger Storer

Estlin Storer

Espen Storer

Im sorry that your family didnt share your excitement over Beckett Patrick. It doesn’t mean that it’s not ‘the name’ … It just means it’s not the name they would have chosen when they were last naming their babies some 30+ yrs ago. Re Beckett Patrick, I think it’s actually one of the best combinations from your list! I’d recommend keeping Beckett on your short list and giving the disappointment you may feel over their lack of excitement some time to fizzle. It might still end up being the name!

Unassorted thoughts:

• Jude Patrick doesn’t flow as nicely as Beckett Patrick. I think it’s the hard stop on the D befote the consonent-heavy Patrick.

• Wesley Patrick flows a bit better. Also has similar vowel sounds to Beckett.

• Arden sounds predominantly like a girls’ name to me.

• Whittaker Patrick is probably the closest name, in terms of vibe, to Beckett.

• Boden Patrick has a pretty good flow, IMO

• Given Oliver’s popularity, an Olivier might be mistaken for Oliver.

• Thoughts on: Glen? Everest? Aiden? Bowen?

3 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

You’ve got a great list so far! My favourites for you are Jude (to me the flow with Patrick is absolutely fine), Warren, Ezra and Alexander Patrick. I think my personal favourite for you is Warren Patrick Storer! Warren fits the bill perfectly the name is an underused classic with this old school gentlemanly vibe. Warren is recognisable, timeless, underused and the complete opposite off trendy something you want to avoid. Also Warren is a family name from your side therefore Warren Patrick Storer honours both mother & father which I think is absolutely wonderful. Family names for me is always the way to go!!

You’ve got a long list here but some other suggestions
Nathaniel Warren Storer
Sebastian Alexander Storer
Frederick Warren Storer
Timothy Patrick Storer
Axel Patrick Storer
Elijah Patrick Storer
Joseph Patrick Storer
Ezekiel Patrick Storer
Warner Patrick Storer
Reuben Alexander Storer
Dawson Patrick Storer
Vincent Alexander Storer
Callum Patrick Storer
Xander Patrick Storer
Brennan Alexander Storer
Otis Patrick Storer
Curtis Patrick Storer
Zachariah Patrick Storer

I’m personally loving Warren for you such a great choice

I also want to add that I agree with @LynnG just because your family doesn’t like Beckett doesn’t mean the name isn’t the one it just means it’s a name they wouldn’t have chosen when naming which was probably 30+ years ago! Beckett is a lovely name he feels cool and rather effortless. I don’t think you should rule out Beckett if it’s a name you absolutely love as you may regret it. However it depends how influenced you are by your family if you feel your family not liking Beckett could be a major concern then I would dismiss the name. When I was naming my daughter due to how opinionated and important my family’s opinion was there were LOADS of names I ruled out as they didn’t like them including names I loved. So it’s just a personal choice as to whether you could use a name your family didn’t like if you could I would make Beckett & Warren your top two.

Good luck

1 Like

Beckett [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] is beautiful! [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] [name_m]Warren[/name_m] would be nice too.

I also love [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] for you.

Maybe you’d like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], [name_m]Brody[/name_m], [name_m]Monty[/name_m], [name_m]Orson[/name_m] or [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]

1 Like

Congratulations on your growing baby boy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Of your ideas so far, I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Storer sounds wonderful. I’m ambiguous about the name [name_u]Jude[/name_u] in general, but with this middle and your last name, it sounds great.

Here are a few ideas…
[name_m]Breccan[/name_m]
[name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Storer
[name_m]Kendrick[/name_m] [name_m]Warren[/name_m] Storer
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivor[/name_m],
[name_m]Irving[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Kellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucan[/name_m]
[name_m]Renon[/name_m]

And I have to suggest [name_m]Erroll[/name_m] too. Whenever someone says ‘boy’s vintage’ at the moment, I want to share it as I’m currently obsessed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Warren[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] the most from your list & bonus that it seems to cover multiple honor names! So handsome and a very strong name.

I do also love [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] but agree with some of the others that the flow seems a little “off” with the abundance of K/T sounds… however - I’m a firm believer that significance trumps flow. And if [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] is your #1 name and you want to keep [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] as an honor name- I think it works just fine!!

Congrats and good luck!

1 Like

Hi there.

Cool list! Here are my thoughts-

Jude-[name_u]Love[/name_u] it. It’s great w/Patrick & Storer in my opinion. It’s so calming & gentle, yet still feels bold & sleek at the same time. It’s simple & well known, but not super popular. I also love [name_u]Julian[/name_u] nn [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] even [name_m]Julius[/name_m].

Warren-Honestly, [name_m]Warren[/name_m] is not my personal favorite. That being said, I’d be very excited to meet a little [name_m]Warren[/name_m] in 2012. It’s a good solid old fashioned name that’s unexpected yet simple & well known. I guess I don’t like it because it feels dated, but that’s actually the same thing that I do like about it! :joy: Also, I love it for you because it’s special to honor great grandpa.

Beckett-I think it’s fine, but it’s just not the best in my opinion. I like it more in theory because it’s kind of cowboy-ish, but it doesn’t sound as nice when said out loud in my opinion. I do love the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] though.

Ezra-This is a nice name. A good balance of manly outdoorsy-ness w/a gentle artistic vibe. It’s old fashioned but feels modern too. It’s not amazing w/your ln, but not bad. It’s a bit popular maybe.

Alexander-I don’t personally like [name_u]Lex[/name_u], but I love the nn [name_m]Dex[/name_m]! [name_u]Lex[/name_u] just reminds me of a villain, I think? [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is a handsome solid name in any case.

Zion-That’s certainly different & not bad. I just don’t like the sound much myself. Not sure why.

Colin-Very handsome. Simple & not too popular. Grows up well. Not super duper exciting, but a nice choice & sounds really good w/your ln.

Atticus-I like it, but honestly feel like it’s a little too hipster-y.

Ansel-I like the idea of it more than the sound for some reason, but it’s a fun choice.

Atlas-I like it a lot. It has a very cool fresh sound. I don’t love how the ‘s’ runs into your ln, but it’s not a deal breaker if you loved this one.

Axton-Meh, not my cup of tea. Looks a little made-up-y.

Arden-I don’t care for this, but it’s okay. Kind of used more for girls too. Although I do love [name_u]Ari[/name_u].

Afton-See [name_u]Arden[/name_u].

Boden-This one feels a little bit trendy too. Not my style.

Bauer-It’s fine, but just not amazing.

Monroe-I feel like it’s so associated w/Marilyn.

Oscar-[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. It’s handsome & quirky & vintage. Not perfect w/Storer, but I’d still do it if it was a favorite.

Oliver-Yep, [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is adorable but soooo over done.

Whittaker-[name_u]Whit[/name_u] is so cute. I think I like [name_m]Whitman[/name_m] more. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like that?

Gavin-Fine, but I can’t get into this for some reason. Feels too gruff.

Griffin-Same as above.

Adler-Totally fine, but I just don’t love the sound.

Ledger-Too related to [name_m]Heath[/name_m]!

Estlin-Not familiar w/this one, but it’s not my favorite. Sounds a bit trying too hard & feminine.

Espen-I like this! It reminds me of water skiing or something really crisp & refreshing.

A few more ideas that you may like:

Asa

Bastian

Bennett

Caspian

Eben

Esben

Kai

Odin

Rafe

Tristan

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How exciting! What about [name_m]Ryland[/name_m]? [name_m]Ive[/name_m] always thought it went well with [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]… I do like [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] though it is a bit Ck sound heavy as a combo.

1 Like

Warren [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is perfect, or [name_m]Warren[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] so he shares a name from you and your husband’s side.

1 Like

Jude [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] has perfect flow, as does [name_m]Warren[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!

Based on these I’ll suggest…

Lionel [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]

Bennet [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

Otis [name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Warren[/name_m]

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I LOVE [name_u]Jude[/name_u]! It’s one of my top boy names, and it was one that really snuck up on me. I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] is very, very handsome! I personally like the option for a good initial nickname for boys (maybe that’s weird), so I like that J.P. lends itself to that, too.

Warren is a name I never thought I’d like, but I do. [name_m]Warren[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] is nice, as well. However, [name_m]Warren[/name_m] Storer feels a little R-heavy to me, personally.

Beckett is a nice name, but [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] seems a bit choppy to me with all the Ts and Ks and both of them being two syllables. What about [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], or [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] (although I personally don’t like the initials of BJ due to the association with a certain… intimate act).

I like [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] and [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] Storer, and I would most naturally pair them with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], but then his initials would be GAS… But [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] sounds nice.

Ansel [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Colin[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] or [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] or [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]

1 Like

Beckett definitely isn’t out of the running quite yet. I agree [name_u]Arden[/name_u] seems like more of a girl’s name. It was actually my favorite name for a girl when I was in high school. :rofl: I’ve had [name_u]Everest[/name_u] on and off the list. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are both hikers, so I can’t decide if [name_u]Everest[/name_u] would seem fitting or too try-hard and hipstery. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], but I had several Aidens as students back when I was a teacher and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to use it for my child. Thanks so much for all of the feedback and apologies it’s taken me so long to get to read it!

1 Like

I agree [name_m]Becket[/name_m] isn’ out quite yet. I do think I’m favoring [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Warren[/name_m] over [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] now, though. Thank you for the feedback and for the wonderful suggestions you gave! I’ll be sharing them with my husband.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback and name suggestions. You gave quite a few that I hadn’t considered before! I’ll be sharing them with my husband to get his opinion on some of them! :two_hearts:

I don’t know if we would ever stop with the [name_m]Monty[/name_m] Python jokes in this house if we named him [name_m]Monty[/name_m] :rofl:. Thank you for your feedback! I’m feeling [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_m]Warren[/name_m], and [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] at the moment. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I both still like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] though!

Thank you so much😊. Adding [name_u]Abbott[/name_u] to the list, I dig it!

1 Like

I do love that [name_m]Warren[/name_m] sound sturdy and would honor both sides of the family tree! Thanks for your input!

Thanks for your comments! Very helpful to hear some unbiased opinion on what people associate names with! :two_hearts:

Ryland is pretty close to a female name we have in the family… although, my husband randomly suggested [name_m]Raymond[/name_m] or [name_m]Reginald[/name_m]. Those were immediately vetoed by me. :rofl: Maybe I can give him [name_m]Ryland[/name_m] as an R-name substitute. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback! I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Warren[/name_m] are my top two at the moment!:two_hearts:

1 Like